Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Cyber Monday 2006

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Cyber Monday 2006
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-11-24, 19:07

You guys have already been talking about online sales that lead into Christmas shopping so I'm starting a thread where we can share tips about these online sales for what they've started calling Cyber Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia View Post
The term Cyber Monday refers to the Monday immediately following Black Friday, which is the day after Thanksgiving and the ceremonial kick-off of the holiday online shopping season. Similar to Black Friday, one of the busiest shopping days of the year when retail stores often offer significant discounts, Cyber Monday has in recent years become a busy day for online retailers, and one in which online stores offer similarly low prices and promotions.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-11-24, 19:10

If someone finds a good price on decent LCD picture frames please post it here. Been looking all over and everything seems to be sold out.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-11-24, 22:13

Okay,
I Googled for cyber monday deals and found some good links:

Cyber Monday Notebook and Tech Deals

and then there's DIGG's links

holler if you find anything really cool~

Captain Drew on Twitter
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-11-24, 23:33

Anyone finds deals on Sandisk Extreme III / IV CF cards over 1GB, I'm all ears. Best prices I've found so far for 4GB models are around $175.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-11-24, 23:50

Any 30" - 42" LCD/ PLASMA TVs for under $600???
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-11-25, 12:00

If anyone finds some good deals on hard drives (Firewire or internal, notebook or desktop), please let me know. I'm getting ready to replace two drives and add two more to start a backup system.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-11-25, 12:07

Follow the second link in my previous post and look for the hard drive deals listed there. I'm sure there will be better deals to be had but that's a start...

Captain Drew on Twitter
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-11-25, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Follow the second link in my previous post and look for the hard drive deals listed there. I'm sure there will be better deals to be had but that's a start...
Thanks. That 250GB Maxtor for $130 is interesting, but I was looking to spend under $60 each for the drives. Obviously I'm not expecting those kind of capacities at that price, though.
iThink therefore iMac

2006-11-25, 19:37

I found this HD...300GB Maxtor for $70. I've never purchased anything from this place though, but it is a good deal!
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-11-25, 19:47

Fry's is fairly well known...
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-11-25, 22:57

Any networked laser printers under 300?
danielsza

Send a message via AIM to danielsza Send a message via MSN to danielsza  
2006-11-25, 23:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes View Post
If someone finds a good price on decent LCD picture frames please post it here. Been looking all over and everything seems to be sold out.
Well you could make a LCD picture frame, I've made two of them this year. One was a iBook g3 500 MHz, and the other a Ti Powerbook 550MHz. Plus this way you also get a bigger screen 12" or 15".
Ryan
Veteran Member

2006-11-25, 23:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by iThink therefore iMac View Post
I found this HD...300GB Maxtor for $70. I've never purchased anything from this place though, but it is a good deal!
Thanks, I'll have to try and get a few of those!
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2006-11-25, 23:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Any networked laser printers under 300?
HP Laserjet 1022n:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...C-pr1c3grabb3r

Edit: Doing a little better - Brother HL-2070N... $89 at Staples
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...oductId=125369

Last edited by MCQ : 2006-11-26 at 09:20.
iThink therefore iMac

2006-11-26, 16:13

WOW! 750GB hard drive for $300 at CompUSA.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-11-26, 17:15

CompUSA sucks. Don't buy anything from them if you can avoid it. Besides, is an ATA-100 drive what you need? Unless your computer is six or seven years old, I doubt it.

...into the light of a dark black night.
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2006-11-26, 18:04

Quote:

EDIT: Sorry...It seems to be sold out already!

I don't know if this is a decent LCD picture frame however this is a "Cyber Monday" Staples sale. LCD Picture Frame Seems like a good deal.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2006-11-26, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCQ View Post
HP Laserjet 1022n:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...C-pr1c3grabb3r

Edit: Doing a little better - Brother HL-2070N... $89 at Staples
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/st...oductId=125369
Thanks! I'm not looking for a high volume printer, so that Brother looks like it'll do the trick. Any wireless routers?
Wraven

2006-11-26, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
CompUSA sucks. Don't buy anything from them if you can avoid it. Besides, is an ATA-100 drive what you need? Unless your computer is six or seven years old, I doubt it.
Not so fast, Moogs.

CompUSA may suck (though at least they have a better selection of Mac friendly products than Best Buy and in my case are MUCH closer than the Apple Store), but that drive deal certainly does not. ATA-100 is just fine for use in most USB2.0 / FireWire enclosures (as most of the enclosures out today still require that internal interface).

Damn, if I wasn't on a tech spending freeze for the rest of this year I would be all over it.

Cheers,
Wraven
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-11-26, 19:33

I bought the Brother HL-2070N for my Mom last Christmas and it's worked brilliantly!! There are a few more complicated (optional) settings that supposedly require a PC to access (via your home network) but ours has just been swell - and for that price ($60 less than I paid) it's a TOTAL NO BRAINER.

BUY THAT PRINTER!!!!!

Captain Drew on Twitter
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-11-26, 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraven View Post
Not so fast, Moogs.

CompUSA may suck (though at least they have a better selection of Mac friendly products than Best Buy and in my case are MUCH closer than the Apple Store), but that drive deal certainly does not. ATA-100 is just fine for use in most USB2.0 / FireWire enclosures

Oh sure, as a basis for an external drive it would be OK, assuming it's just for general storage. I wouldn't go that route as a scratch disk for Final Cut or Photoshop, for example... better to use a faster drive. Many enclosures have native 133 / 166 speed and some are true SATA if you want high performance.

...but if he's trying to upgrade his 'puter, an ATA-100 drive isn't a great idea unless he's using a first or second gen G4 tower. Sure you get mucho gigs but why slow things down even if it's mostly burst speeds that take the hit?

...into the light of a dark black night.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-11-27, 10:33

For you baseball fans out there it looks like the MLB sites are running a 20% off special today... http://shop.mlb.com/
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-11-27, 15:18

Quote:
For you baseball fans out there it looks like the MLB sites are running a 20% off special today... http://shop.mlb.com/
Cool. If most of the stuff wasn't already 40% over-priced, that'd be great.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-11-27, 23:05

TigerDirect has a few good items. While not as good as the monitor offered by BestBuy, this one isn't bad. I want to get this one but I just can't seem to make myself do it because I would be stepping down in quality though stepping up in screen size.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2006-11-27 at 23:16.
hiltond

Send a message via AIM to hiltond  
2006-12-05, 17:38

Quote:
Yesterday at Macys I bought a Pandigital 7" Digital Photo Frame for $96 including tax, which seemed like a good deal to me.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2006-12-05, 17:43

Quote:
I bought the Brother HL-2070N for my Mom last Christmas and it's worked brilliantly!! There are a few more complicated (optional) settings that supposedly require a PC to access (via your home network) but ours has just been swell - and for that price ($60 less than I paid) it's a TOTAL NO BRAINER.

BUY THAT PRINTER!!!!!
I bought the printer on your recommendation and I love it. It's fast and small and quiet. Funny thing was, the day after I ordered from staples, I found someone selling the same one on craigslist for $60! I snatched that one up and returned the staples one. A networked laser printer for only $60. Too good to be true. Thanks for the rec, MCQ and drew. I wouldn't have even considered it without seeing it here first.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-12-05, 23:22

"I Seen It On AppleNova Friiist!!!!!"
"Ka-Ka-CHOW!!!!!"
"Drewprops Isn't As Big An Idiot As I Thought!!!!"
"Totally Ka-Ka-CHOW!!!!!"
"Oh Yes, He Really Is!!!!"
"Absolutely Ka-Ka-CHOW!!!!!"
"No, No, But He Helped Me Out!!!!"
"Ka-Ka-CHOW!!!!!"
"And Yet, He Still Is One!!!"