Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Tekkit Machine Sharing

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Tekkit Machine Sharing
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-09-18, 09:40

Last night Spec showed me some of his machines and his power plant.

SO MANY things you can build!!! Astonishing.

I'm starting small and have built a Perpendicular Assembly Evaporator back at spawn and everyone is free to use it.

Remember to put take the spent coal dust out of the reclamation bin when you're done.

Also: make sure that it has water modules in the stacker or you won't get NOTHING out of the business end of this thing.

Enjoy!!

(if you have any machines that WE can use please post it here, along with your instructions)

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2012-09-18, 15:47

Once I have all the gem and copper blocks that I need for The Creeper Kingdom I'll likely throw my Mk3 replicators in the Spawn box.

I'm a bit far out, but if you need to use anything out there you're welcome to it. Just take whatever's cooking out and have at it.

Also, just to be sure everyone knows, the treefarm near spawn and reedfarm on the IOI are community resources. Take as much as you want, just replant for the next person. When I get back into town I plan on adding a lower level to the reedfarm, and maybe a melon farm. Trying to make it easy to get up to speed for the new players and all.

So it goes.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-09-18, 17:28

I have a recycler in my basement people can come use (or just feed the input chest with crap! In fact, I might put an input chest outside that feeds the recycler for people to dump stuff in.

It turns anything you put in to it into scrap, then turns that scrap into scrapboxes, which are then dispensed into a random object. It could be anything - a stick, a golden helmet, some tin dust, a grass block - pretty much anything at all is possible.

I also have seeds for most of the crops available now, so if you really want cocoa or flax, i'm your man. I have some tentative stocks of coffee and terrawart too, although not enough to share quite yet - the farming is a bit shaky and you can lose all your stock if you're not careful. I'm still working on Hops. Fingers crossed.

I also have RUM. Yo ho ho.
gerlocian

2012-09-18, 18:19

Scrap boxes are really good for Mass Fabricators. Put the scrap in the bottom slot of a Mass Fabricator to speed up the fabrication process temporarily.

As far as machines, I have a Solar Panel factory constantly working on the deck of the rig near the Island of Industry. Those Solar Panels are for everyone. I've been up-converting them to HV Solar Panels for my own use, but if you need Solar Panels, then take a few. Just follow the mess of pipes to the end, you should see a chest full of them.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-09-18, 20:11

I'm needing to work on my house on the shoreline near the Tower of Fanatics, but once the house is up, the three optimized Condensers and the three optimized Klein Star chargers are open for free use. I'll be renovating the tower slightly to better accommodate that purpose.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-09-18, 21:19

My stack condensers are offline right now but as soon as I can get some solar locks I'll try the ruby laser!!!

¡Damned!

2012-10-06, 19:20

I think one of y'all's machines is spilling over or something, because a couple of times tonight I've seen the "critical drop count" and subsequent "all drops cleared" messages.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-10-06, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I think one of y'all's machines is spilling over or something, because a couple of times tonight I've seen the "critical drop count" and subsequent "all drops cleared" messages.
I've occasionally seen gerlocian's solar panel factory get overloaded. Walking around and pulling some stuff from overflowing chests tends to help for a while. It must be a nightmare to try to get the timing between all of the parts to actually sync up without overflow...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.