The Mandalorian
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2019-12-11, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
The Child isn't Yoda, just the same species. The nickname of 'Baby Yoda' the internet has bestowed on it is misleading. The show is set after Episode VI.

[edit]: "Favreau has said that The Mandalorian is set five years after the fall of the Empire in Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and 25 years before the rise of the First Order, the authoritarian regime that is firmly in control of the galaxy when Episode VII: The Force Awakens begins."
It's called baby yoda because George never allowed the species to be formally named.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2019-12-12, 00:27

Yeah, I would buy that. However, George's opinion doesn't matter anymore so it's not gonna cut it with me.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

Yesterday, 23:50

Okay, real talk time.

Soundtrack.

Something that has bothered me since I first started watching is that something about the main Mandalorian theme keeps making me think of one of the many original themes from the Rocky movie series. Add to that the early regular presence of Carl "Apollo" Weathers and you have my brain routinely getting distracted trying to connect references that probably aren't there.

Has anyone else noticed this yet? I haven't gone through my Rocky soundtracks yet (I might have to this weekend) to figure out exactly which theme keeps getting misfired in my brain whenever The Mandalorian main theme plays out.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.