Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Black Friday

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Black Friday
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-11-08, 12:21

It's a couple weeks early, but I came across some leaked Black Friday ads today, and it got me thinking. I've always gone shopping on Black Friday, but I've never participated as a shopper in the before-dawn shopping orgy that so many people are fond of. I worked it last year when I was working for Radio Shack, and it wasn't such a bad day (because Radio Shack is in the freakin' toilet right now, so we weren't too busy), but I've never participated from the buyer's end. So, this year, before I'm even fully conscious, I'm going to dive in. I don't even know why. I just want to do it once.

Do any of you go out for this? Or do you hide until after lunch like I normally do?

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-11-08, 12:28

I do it almost every year. Lately, I've been more and more disappointed and I'll just hit one store for that really hot deal then go home. This year, I'm in the market for a networkable laser printer and that's it. It's really a hassle and getting to be not worth the money but I'm a bargain shopper at heart.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
¡Damned!

2006-11-08, 12:32

Hell no. I usually hide away all weekend eating leftovers.

Although, this year's going to be a bit different. We're starting a new annual party at the brewery on Saturday called the 'Breakfast Stout Breakfast'. Opening up at 10:00am with a full breakfast burrito/omelet bar and a 16oz. coffee mug filled with Breakfast Stout (a double chocolate coffee oatmeal stout) handed to you as you walk in the door. It's going to be a long day.

So it goes.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-11-08, 13:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
I do it almost every year. Lately, I've been more and more disappointed and I'll just hit one store for that really hot deal then go home. This year, I'm in the market for a networkable laser printer and that's it. It's really a hassle and getting to be not worth the money but I'm a bargain shopper at heart.
I don't think I'm even going to pick anything up. I'm just going for the hell of it.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-11-08, 14:52

I forgot to mention that I would also use it as an excuse to get away from the in-laws for a while so I could smoke. This year, since I've quit smoking, that motivation is gone. But I kinda like standing in a line with my iPod on and bundled up in warm clothes. I guess I'm weird like that.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-11-08, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
I forgot to mention that I would also use it as an excuse to get away from the in-laws for a while so I could smoke. This year, since I've quit smoking, that motivation is gone. But I kinda like standing in a line with my iPod on and bundled up in warm clothes. I guess I'm weird like that.
I'm actually looking forward to it. My family never did it, but my soon-to-be fiance's family does it every year. Since I was working that day last year, I didn't get to go, but I'm definitely participating this year.

DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2006-11-08, 15:41

I'm not going shopping, I'm going on vacation for the first time in 5 years!!!

Edit: I just looked at the Best Buy ad on that link and it almost makes me want to go shopping. They're just giving stuff away, unbelievable.

Come waste your time with me
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2006-11-08, 16:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz View Post
I'm actually looking forward to it. My family never did it, but my soon-to-be fiance's family does it every year. Since I was working that day last year, I didn't get to go, but I'm definitely participating this year.
Is this something that she knows?

If not, better hope she doesn't read that. Might ruin the surprise.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-11-08, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran23kk View Post
Is this something that she knows?

If not, better hope she doesn't read that. Might ruin the surprise.
She knows I have a ring, she knows she's going to say yes, she just doesn't know when I'm going to ask. And neither does anybody else.