Call of Duty: Black Ops (Fall 2012)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Fall 2012)
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2012-06-29, 10:44

COD Black Ops is on the way.

http://www.aspyr.com/games/call-of-duty-black-ops

Supposedly expansion packs will follow this winter. Hopefully we get good performance out of box considering the game is almost 2 years old. Should do OK with Radeon 5770 as that's about the same generation of GPU as when the game was made.

I'm up for something new from my favorite FPS series ever though. Bring me the ACR.... bring it to me! Adaptive Combat Rifle FTW (I'd buy one in real life if I could, just to keep the marauding hoards of redneck at bay when the food revolution comes. Might have to settle for a good ole AR-15 type. ). And by the sounds of it the PC version of the more recent COD (call it COD5) is not very good. A lot of people on PC went back to COD 4, so this might actually be the better option. Never heard any complaints about Black Ops.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-06-29, 12:33

I've been playing it on my Xbox since it came out. I think it's great - real staying power.

One bit of bad news, though: it's set in the 80's and 90's, so no ACRs for you! Think AUGs and older weapons.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2012-08-04, 11:09

Yah just now revisiting this, checking out some of the maps, perks, etc from PC version. Looks pretty slick. I like the refined air strike and care package stuff. Hopefully PC servers aren't crowded with hacks but probably are. Never been a fan of the earn points to buy stuff angle. One of the games on my iPad does that and it's annoying.

Naturally Black Ops II coming out for PC around same time with branching behaviors in the Single player mode, and all futuristic weapons etc (2025). Graphics look sick but also a little bit Die Hard 4 ridiculous with 82 planes, drones, tanks, robots zooming around every square mile of space. Overkill maybe. I'm sure Black Ops the first probably feels more real / organic. To top it all off, Reznor music. Maybe we'll get that one in 3 more years.

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/videos/reveal

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2012-09-27, 17:31

BLACK OPS + Rezurrection Zombie Pack now available from Aspyr (only see the main game on App Store right now). Downloading. Yyyyyah! About time something new from this franchise (although it's a step back in time so no ACR for me!).

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2012-09-28, 11:22

Pretty cool game. Graphics modestly better than prior COD (keeping in mind the game is 2 years old), sound effects much cooler / more realism there. Online gameplay is decent but a little choppy at points. Have to run through the stupid GameCenter app for a start. Cool part is all the servers and players are basically Aspyr and Mac users respectively. So that will likely cut back on the hacks (most of whom are PC users) found in older versions.