User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Minecraft 1.7: New biomes and terrain! New flowers! New Trees! Oh my!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Minecraft 1.7: New biomes and terrain! New flowers! New Trees! Oh my!
Page 3 of 6 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  Next Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-11-05, 18:31

FYI, I'm still checking for Bukkit builds every day, and still there is no sign of a dev build for 1.7. As soon as one is available, I'll start testing to get us migrated.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-11-05, 21:10

I've looked a few times too, looking forward to be able to upgrade. More just for the new stuff to play with.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-11-22, 22:57

So I was talking to Dellphi today and he explained that while Bukkit usually put forward a tight-lipped "it'll be done when it's done" message between updates, this time they have a long explanation about all the challenges they're facing to make this update.

Do any of you follow this, and what's your take on the delay we're looking at?

If a significant delay, Grey might be able to add a log flume ride.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-11-22, 23:04

There actually seem to be quite a few difficulties for all mod devs. 1.7 is apparently a bit of a beast, but on the other hand, a ton of the changes Jeb made are to old inefficient code, etc. I've seen 1.7 compared to Snow Leopard as far as being an under the hood update.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-11-22, 23:57

Any guesses out there how long? 2 months?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-11-23, 00:36

Maybe we'll have a christmas miracle.
¡Damned!

2013-11-23, 14:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
If a significant delay, Grey might be able to add a log flume ride.

I've thought about this, honestly, but I think it's a build separate from the park. Plus, I have to brush up on boat mechanics and see if they're still able to 'float' to the top of a water stack. Apparently WASD is coming back in 1.7 to steer boats, which I welcome. I hate the current way.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-01, 01:17

Psst.... 1.7.2 dev builds dropped today (from this hour where I am, technically yesterday). I've been trying it locally, and it's generally looking good, but it's not quite ready for prime time. Most of the basics work, including our plugins, but there are a few glaring bugs like redstone failing to open doors.

SOON.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2013-12-01, 11:54

!!!

Well that's quicker than I expected. Looks like I may get colored glass for the park after all.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-01, 17:54

Well damn. That was fast:

Bug: BUKKIT-4908: 1.7.2-R01, doors won't work with redstone
Fix: Fix missed doors diff. Fixes BUKKIT-4908

These guys are on the ball. Maybe we'll have the server updated in the next week or so.

That was the only major issue I'd experienced in my testing aside from some plugins being broken (which I expect).

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-12-01, 20:55

Wow... very cool!! Can we begin planning out the big night well ahead of time? Many of you may have packed December calendars...

¡Damned!

2013-12-04, 00:57

We never came up with a name for the 1.6 world….

I hereby make an official request for Miranda. It'd be nice to say that instead of "old spawn" … right?

1.7 we should hold council for a name as before. That's always so much fun.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-04, 01:03

Wait what? I thought we decided to call the current 1.6 world Cashout Cove.
¡Damned!

2013-12-04, 01:12

Shit! My bad. You're right. How could I forget that?

I was super thrilled with the name we all came up with. Why in the fuck did I glitch it?

Apparently we need signs.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-12-04 at 01:26.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-12-04, 08:49

Cashout Cove??!!

That's the first that I've ever heard of that.

Not that it matters; I just thought I was up to speed.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-12-04, 12:58

Plausible deniability Capt'n
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-04, 16:48

By the way, I'll be testing Bukkit 1.7.2 more in-depth tomorrow. If things are working phenomenally well, maybe we can launch our upgrade Saturday this weekend. If it looks like Bukkit and the plugins need more time for fixes, I'll postpone our update for at least one week, maybe to the weekend of Friday, Dec 13th.

I'll post tomorrow with some final thoughts on the testing and possible launch dates.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-12-04, 17:52

You guys have fun if it is this weekend. I have a Christmas party to attend for work so I won't be around much. Maybe later that night. Please don't hold up on my account though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-12-04, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
By the way, I'll be testing Bukkit 1.7.2 more in-depth tomorrow. If things are working phenomenally well, maybe we can launch our upgrade Saturday this weekend. If it looks like Bukkit and the plugins need more time for fixes, I'll postpone our update for at least one week, maybe to the weekend of Friday, Dec 13th.

I'll post tomorrow with some final thoughts on the testing and possible launch dates.
I would prefer to delay 1 week either way as I am not around this weekend. Of course, this is a moot point if y'all crack open the new area in the evening EST...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-04, 18:27

That's two votes for a delay — no problem! I'm not itching to push the upgrade before people are ready. You can at least start cashing out your ridiculous bank accounts in the mean time.

Reminder for all: bank accounts and on-person inventories will get wiped when we move to the new spawn!

SpecMode
Wait what

2013-12-04, 20:23

Another vote for pushing the update back a week; I'll be swamped with school work and a family holiday party this weekend.

Seriously, what was I thinking, taking four classes that all have assigned term papers due within the span of a single week?!
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-12-04, 21:45

If it's the 13th, I'll be able to join in I have a paid vacation that day.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-12-05, 00:55

OK! Unless there are just catastrophically bad problems with Bukkit 1.7.2, Friday the Thirteenth it is!

That date has a nice ring to it anyway. What could go wrong?

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-12-07, 14:44

Wrench in plans. Hobbit. >_>

EDIT: Or not - the bears and I just thought about it a bit Definitely not going opening night. Nevermind.

Last edited by RowdyScot : 2013-12-07 at 15:03.
¡Damned!

2013-12-07, 15:15

13th is cool for me. 14th is Xmas spirit (tree, ornaments, lights, decorations, etc.) day, so I'll probably not be on much then until very late. Yeah, yeah, I know. She's Lutheran and she prays for me. I don't get it either, but so it goes. This time of year makes her happy, so I go with it gladly.

The heart wants what the heart wants. (and I want her)

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-12-09, 22:03

Drew, InvaderJak and I just battled 3 Wither Bosses out at the sand mine pit to get iJak his stars. It was glorious. One shed blood enough to die.

That said, if anyone has an extra 3KK laying around before Friday, I'd be happy to help turn that into a star. The battlepit is getting wiped, so anyone who wants to maybe have a beacon in the next world, let's do it! Wither Bosses are a 5-ish min job on your own, but 2 or more people can make quick work of the beasts.

Again, the battlepit is getting wiped on Friday! Who knows when we'll get another area like this that we can destroy via baddie blasts.

So it goes.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-12-09, 22:47

it really only takes 15 minutes max at the ender grinder to get 300k for the skulls. Its lots of fun
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-12-10, 00:09

I made a dead

SpecMode
Wait what

2013-12-10, 00:38

Wither boss fights are fun. I had to solo one a few months back after a creeper exploded my beacon – it put up a heck of a fight, but in the end, it was no match for all of my ridiculously overpowered gear.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-12-11, 21:20

So what time for the switch on Friday? I've told Mrs T I won't be on any use in the house with the kids and such Friday night. She'd like to know when I'm going to disappear into the server.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.