kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-23, 13:41

Full-on explore mode for the day. Yay!
¡Damned!

2019-07-23, 16:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Oh jeez. This might be indirectly my fault for requesting Fire Spread be turned back on.
I'll take the hit for the bamboo farm. I lined the edge with kelp blocks, which can be a fuel source (but also look nice!). Lightning must've hit one because when I investigated there were large rows missing... probably just added fuel to the fire, as it were.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-23, 16:34

I was just out there looking around and started replanting bamboo. Then I remembered that if we do a backup restore I'm wasting my time!

So, I stopped.

And the tree looks hawt! We should have three or four of those in various stages of totally ruined!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-23, 16:36

Neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Any way to reset from the latest (pre 12:30 EDT) backup? The bamboo can be replanted but I'd hate to lose the giant tree.
The latest backup before 1230 is at 0850. I'll take the server down down and try loading that in.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-23, 16:41

And we're back!

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-23, 16:50

Cool. I had me a nice little jaunt around the neighborhood and wound up right back where I started!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-07-24, 08:54

Glad you were able to get to this Brad. I've been swamped with stuff here at home and missed the fun.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-24, 16:40

I think it's about time I spilled some beans.

I mentioned a while back that there are some Easter eggs around my 1.14-updated resourcepack/datapack, but I haven't been forthcoming about what they are or how to find them in-game. I would say they fit roughly into two categories, but I'll focus on just one of them for now: new recipes! The following items are now obtainable via new methods of crafting or cooking:
  • bell
  • chainmail boots
  • chainmail chestplate
  • chainmail helmet
  • chainmail leggings
  • coal
  • cobweb
  • diamond
  • diamond horse armor
  • elytra
  • enchanted golden apple
  • flint
  • golden horse armor
  • ice
  • iron horse armor
  • nametag
  • saddle
  • trident

You see… I really wasn't kidding when I gave the updated server the tagline "Diamonds from Coal" edition.

I tried to come up with reasonable recipes for most of the impossible to craft, difficult to find, or just plain annoying to farm (I'm looking at you, flint) useful game items. If I wired it all correctly, most if not all of these should be "discoverable" in-game by having either the target item in your inventory or one/some of their ingredients in your inventory. They would appear in the little toast notification in the top corner of the screen whenever you pick up an item and discover a recipe for the first time, and then they'd be in the recipe book that can pop out to the side when you're crafting or cooking things.

I'm very curious to see how quickly you guys will find these recipes now, and if they're at all useful. Also, if there are some other unobtaniums that I've missed, maybe drop their names and I'll see if I can come up with reasonable new recipes for them.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-24, 17:41

Sneaky punk …

¡Damned!

2019-07-24, 20:12

Figured out the bell and the saddle, but had to look in the book for the rest (that showed up). Very nice! Missing for me are the name tag, coal and diamond, but I'll find them.

One thing that may be useful is to be able to create shulker boxes with trapped chests along eith the usual recipe, now that we have a bazillion chests that'll never be used again.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-24, 21:11

Shulker boxes! That's a darn good idea. I'll put that on my list.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-25, 13:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Shulker boxes! That's a darn good idea. I'll put that on my list.
Yes, please. I can see my basement getting smaller already.

Wait a minute. No, it won't. I'll just store more crap!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-25, 17:45

Hey Ken, it looks like Bryson hit your "can't see any signs" issue. Was there anything else you tried other than disabling old resource packs?
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-25, 17:58

I have Optifine installed and the game set to use server-side resource packs. You have to make sure local packs are not listed in the "Selected Resource Packs" list. "Default" should be the only thing listed there.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-25, 19:25

Maybe I'll jump on that 1.14.4 upgrade before long...

709 and I were just booted out twice as the server crashed. It seems to have been trying to spawn a villager raid, but we couldn't find any baddies nearby.

Anyone else seen this happen before?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-07-25, 21:36

Not me. As per usual, I am 60 blocks down.
¡Damned!

2019-07-26, 07:49

That was my bad. I had the Curse from being out at the outpost and was running through Bradtropolis when the raid horns started. Apparently some configuration of beds/worksites/villagers out there combined to form a village area, enough for the baddies to show up.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2019-07-26, 09:17

Quote:
Maybe I'll jump on that 1.14.4 upgrade before long...
OptiFine came out for it yesterday.

I really hope it fixes some of the performance weirdness. 1.14 is such a CPU hog compared to 1.13. (One of the bug fixes in 1.14.4: MC-153712 - Java using 100-200% CPU (MacOS) ). Looks like it fixes that trading glitch we talked about last night as well.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-26, 19:24

Awesome! If that's the case, I'll look at updating the server to 1.14.4 tonight.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-26, 20:04

aaaaaaaaaaaand done. ✔️
¡Damned!

2019-07-28, 17:19

Defilers! You mock the KotM!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-07-28, 20:24

Impossible!! Who would do such a thing??

I've been working up a storm in that area, and I certainly haven't seen any other troublemakers in the neighborhood.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-08-04, 17:10

Server resource pack update time. I have a bunch more tweaks including new recipes for rares (based on feedback, thanks!) that should make everyone happy.

You can now:
- smelt clay balls from gravel
- craft shulker boxes using trapped chests in place of regular chests
- craft shulker boxes without shulker shells at all (yes!)
- craft all types of coral and coral blocks
- smelt living coral into dead coral
- smelt living coral blocks into dead coral blocks
- craft glowstone without glowstone dust (yes!)
- actually craft name tags (a couple bugs prevented this from working before)

It looks like I got all the corals, but I forgot to add recipes for the coral fans as well. Fear not; I'll get those soon enough.

Also, I'll write up a more detailed post soon that explains all the recipes if you guys haven't figured 'em out yet.

¡Damned!

2019-08-04, 17:37

Quote:
- smelt living coral blocks into dead coral blocks
This one little thing is absolutely huge. Do you know how many rows I've laid down to let the live coral dry out? No. You don't. You can't even.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-04, 17:45

Yeah, ol' Brad asked me what should we have recipes for, and I was like, "anything that requires enviro-raping!" So, coral and glowstone got my vote!

All I can say is WOOT!

¡Damned!

2019-08-04, 18:06

Yeah I'm curious what the recipe for glowstone could be. Magma balls and netherrack? Quartz crystals? I have no idea. Likewise about any of the recipes tbh.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-08-04, 19:26

SPOILER ALERT!

https://imgur.com/a/OZQMQXz

That's all the recipes (I think) I've added so far.
¡Damned!

2019-08-04, 19:51

Ah fuck. I should've got that diamond thing. I swear I tried everything but.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-05, 10:15

Brad, I love you, man!

Stone and a torch!

Finally, I can something useful with all my rocks!
¡Damned!

2019-09-28, 13:09

Request!

Some way to make the Wither Rose? Maybe 1 part rose bush and 1 part soul sand? Ta!

Edit: Agh! Scratch that, since a biome change would undo what has already been done!

So it goes.

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-10-01 at 10:01.