Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Glimmer of hopes for us Kerry states...
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-11-03, 08:08

Article

Quote:
MEMRI said radical Islamist commentators monitored over the Internet this past weekend also interpreted the key passage of bin Laden's diatribe to mean that any U.S. state that votes to elect Bush on Tuesday will be considered an "enemy" and any state that votes for Kerry has "chosen to make peace with us."
Pa voted Kerry

...as for you other states

Ok, I don't really wish an attack on anyone, but I thought this article was interesting. I am thinking bin laden doesn't get he is one of the reasons that Bush was successful.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-11-03, 08:25

Glimmer Shmimmer.

That's Spanish Thinking m'boy. They have bent minds... kill bulls in public with little poky metal things. Run through streets and get trampled. You start talking like this and I think that you're straight out of the funny papers, and that you poop through a paper asshole....

Please, stop the locura.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
ast3r3x

2004-11-03, 08:37

I like Spain.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2004-11-03, 08:56

Oh, I love Spain as well, don't get me wrongo!
Spain echoes with the greatness of "Old Europe" and is a fine old country indeed. It tops my list of European countries I want to tour...

Still, I refer you to my first post in this thread....

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-11-03, 09:13

I guess I'm an "enemy".

Cool. I don't like those terrorist guys much anyway, so...
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2004-11-03, 09:42

Gotta give us some time to sulk, Paul. It should only take 4 years or so. Maybe 8, we'll have to see.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-11-03, 09:49

Glimmer of hope? You almost sound like you want there to be an attack on Bush states, but I got news for you: this thing you've unearthed -- total bullshit.

Not trying to insult you ast3r3x, but do you REALLY THINK the terrorists are going to miss an opportunity to hit population centers like New York, Illinois or California (all Kerry states), because they didn't vote for Bush?

I mean that's just retarded (MEMRI or whoever came up with it originally). You want to be safe from terrorists? Move to the middle of Bumblefuck Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, South Dakota, etc. All big-time Bush states.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-11-03, 10:10

bingo
I still have yet to see the full transcript, but I think that is bullshit.

That said, I'm sure BinLaden would love to get something in Texas...

But the biggest litmus test for this would be DC itself... the white house.
Bottom line is that there is absolutely no reason for "obl" to "keep" this "promise".

quite bullshit really. Shouldn't even be getting airtime.

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2004-11-03, 10:23

I don't think NY and NJ went to Kerry because any coersion or intimidation from Bin Laden or whomever. Interesting though that the areas under attack on 9/11 went against Bush. These people do feel like they're in the line of fire in any case, though the Presidential choice would indirectly affect their safety.
ast3r3x

2004-11-03, 11:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
Ok, I don't really wish an attack on anyone, but I thought this article was interesting.
I'll quote myself so nobody is confused that I would ever want an attack on anyone. I posted the article because i thought it was interesting, and odd that he would say such a thing.
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-11-03, 12:07

Hail Satan

Gotta love the White House being at the tip of an inverted pentagram.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-11-03, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
But the biggest litmus test for this would be DC itself... the white house.
What's perverse is that 89.5% of DC voted for Kerry, yet we will have to put up with another four years of bumbling Bush living in our midst. And with Republicans increasing their grip on the Senate and House, it looks like DC voters will never get the senatorial representation they deserve. It's not fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnq
Gotta love the White House being at the tip of an inverted pentagram.
That's a good one. I'll have to remember it.

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
johnq
Multi-touch Piñata

2004-11-03, 12:34

There's one in Harvard Yard:
http://nullface.com/pentaHarvard.gif

And a few quasi ones at Yale (that oddly match up with certain "complete graphs and don't seem purely arbitrary/natural/logical as walking paths ought to):
http://nullface.com/pentayale.jpg

The "Center Church" sits in the center of a pentagram as well as on a massive "unmarked" grave of 4000 people, which was once a regular graveyard, but they moved just the headstones and put the church on top (with a plaque inside the back of the church with the names on it). The church has Ox skulls as decorations around the exterior.

Skull and Bones building is nearby.

It's all good.

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein
¡Damned!

2004-11-03, 14:32

Very good speech by Kerry. Mobilization without being an ass. George should take note. Fucking smug prick.