Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

CES 2005 no news=good news?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
CES 2005 no news=good news?
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-01-07, 20:04

So far there hasn't been much announced. But I would really love to see this stream!!!

But seriously, what is the point? I mean, nothing was really introduced except some cool (somewhat useless) bluetooth stuff by moto and burton, right? The iTunes phone was mentioned but it didn't look like anything special... It seems it is has much less publicity this year, is that just me not paying attention?

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2005-01-07, 20:09

Nope, apparently Gates and co. just rehashed "their" digital hub strategy, saying they already have the necessary components available. So it was more of a marketing event than a sales-pitch event.

It is too bad that what's currently available from them is about as useable as a toothbrush, once it's fallen onto a pube-encrusted dorm bathroom facility...not that that's ever happened to me at college.

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-01-07, 20:15

clips will eventually be posted here:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/e...es/keynote.asp
but I'm not going to count on any of the "good stuff" getting up... :/

too bad really... Conan seems absolutely brilliant (as usual) from the transcript.

it seems that someone already made a therad about this... my bad... but they have links to a stream!!!!!
http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=3134
or not.... seems msft pulled them all... they will probably edit it so they don't look so bad compared to what steve will dish out...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)

Last edited by Paul : 2005-01-07 at 21:29.
morningstarrising
Veteran Member

2005-01-07, 21:31

With Microsoft playing "old is new again", it was up to the TV and Radio companies to keep things fresh and fun.

My favorite CES product:BenQ 's wall of TVs
Akumulator

2005-01-07, 23:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
clips will eventually be posted here:
[url]it seems that someone already made a therad about this... my bad... but they have links to a stream!!!!!
http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=3134
or not.... seems msft pulled them all... they will probably edit it so they don't look so bad compared to what steve will dish out...
Yeah, the replay streams were up at one point. I got half way through before it crapped out. It was pretty good. I was also thinking that they'd eventually rerelease it... edited.