AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

I just accidentally opened every application

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I just accidentally opened every application
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Wrao
Yarp

2004-09-27, 00:10

I got this new program, Butler, It seemed to be a very capable, powerful, and useful program for greater control of your computer through menu items and key commands. While I was tinkering with it to find out if I could make specific applications hot-key activated, I somehow managed to make a hot key to open
every single application in my applications folder!

You can only imagine my the horror my computer must have felt.

There was at least 70 applications running while more were opening, I think the total was around 80, and I'm sure it would have been a lot more because not only was it opening applications, it was also opening folders and the applications inside them. I have 63 items in my applications folder, 40 applications 23 folders, inside those folders are god knows how many things to open.

I really wanted to stick it out and wait for everything to load, so that I could take a screenshot, but honestly, my computer would have been working harder than it's ever worked all night long, and even then, it'd probably be running so slowly that taking a screenshot would be frustrating and difficult.

So, Butler is a neat looking program, but don't mess up when using it!

ShiggyMiyamoto

Send a message via AIM to ShiggyMiyamoto Send a message via MSN to ShiggyMiyamoto  
2004-09-27, 00:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao
I got this new program, Butler, It seemed to be a very capable, powerful, and useful program for greater control of your computer through menu items and key commands. While I was tinkering with it to find out if I could make specific applications hot-key activated, I somehow managed to make a hot key to open
every single application in my applications folder!

You can only imagine my the horror my computer must have felt.

There was at least 70 applications running while more were opening, I think the total was around 80, and I'm sure it would have been a lot more because not only was it opening applications, it was also opening folders and the applications inside them. I have 63 items in my applications folder, 40 applications 23 folders, inside those folders are god knows how many things to open.

I really wanted to stick it out and wait for everything to load, so that I could take a screenshot, but honestly, my computer would have been working harder than it's ever worked all night long, and even then, it'd probably be running so slowly that taking a screenshot would be frustrating and difficult.

So, Butler is a neat looking program, but don't mess up when using it!

LOL Please try and post a screenshot! I wanna see how small the Dock got with that many programs running!! ^_^
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-27, 00:36

This reminds me of a video I made back in the 10.0 (10.1?) days that I sent to my father for the sole purpose of showing him the power of Mac OS X's memory and thread management.

Enjoy!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-09-27, 00:42

Thats crazy Brad.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-27, 00:46

That really means a lot coming from the resident loonie toon.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-09-27, 00:48

onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-09-27, 01:06

I just downloaded Butler and it kicks so much ass. Now I just have to figure out how to use it.... Looks like Im not going to bed tonight.
¡Damned!

2004-09-27, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Damn. For a minute there I thought I saw my beloved Serial Surfer from the wayback OS9 machine.

Good Times.

[edit]: Good Testing Times, that is.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-09-27, 01:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyafterdark
I just downloaded Butler and it kicks so much ass. Now I just have to figure out how to use it.... Looks like Im not going to bed tonight.
seriously!

it's an amazing program, it's just pretty confusing..hence my terrible...terrible mistake.

Brad, YUP!
Wrao
Yarp

2004-09-27, 01:36

By the way Brad, this Butler Program solve my problem from this thread.
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-09-27, 01:58

I don't recommend doing this since you'll probably open some headless apps and uninstallers and other evil things, but if you really want to open every app you have...

Paste this into Terminal:
find / -name "*.app" -print0 | xargs -0 open

DON'T DO IT.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-09-27, 02:02

you know someone with a DP 2.5 g5 will try that...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-27, 02:39

Don't tempt me!
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-09-27, 09:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene
I don't recommend doing this since you'll probably open some headless apps and uninstallers and other evil things, but if you really want to open every app you have...

Paste this into Terminal:
find / -name "*.app" -print0 | xargs -0 open

DON'T DO IT.
I'll try this out on my new 20" iMac once the 2GB RAM arrives.
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-09-27, 10:12

Hell I'll try it right now. I have adium, safari, cisco's VPN and the terminal open. I'll run it as soon as this messages posts, and Ill post another message after and we'll see how long it takes.

1.25Ghz G4
1.25Gb RAM
4200RPM HD.

On your mark, get set go!
ast3r3x

2004-09-27, 10:20

Done.

It took a while to find everything, but then everything started opening. It doesn't seem to have opened everything either, like it stopped before it got to calculator, alphabetically. Not sure why.

All the adobe apps took FOREVER, and all my games would have been bad, but I didn't have the cd/dvd in for like unreal or battlefield. Of course I only got to battlefield because it's a 'b'.

Edit: Talk about killing battery life
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-09-27, 10:36

Jonas

2004-09-27, 14:08

I had to try as well. Only opened the programs I had in the root of my applications folder. 46 programs with tiny icons running on my 12" PB. But it worked! Snapz Pro made the most trouble, and started some feedback noise, that I struggled to stop, since everything was so slowly...
Pretty cool to "tab-switch" between more than 40 tiny application icons.

1984 is 20 years late.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-09-27, 14:15

Ya know, it was under similar circumstances that I encountered the most ridiculous, and most hilarious error message I've ever gotten from a MacOS.

I remember I had at least 6 applications open in OS 9.2, and I went to open a few more, while simultaneously I was doing crap in all these apps. So the computer( 500 mhz iMac g3) suddenly crapped out, it panicked, A singular error messaged appeared above all the windows that spoke one word.

Can't.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-27, 15:35

I ran the find part of that command just to list all of my apps. The output went on for HUNDREDS of lines. Even if I executed them all, there are several full screen games that would be competing for the display. On top of that, Mac OS X has a limit to the nmber of distict processes you can start. You'll see in my movie above (look in the terminal window in the background at the beginning) that I had hit that ceiling when I was trying it out then.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
murbot
Hoonigan

2004-09-27, 16:07

I torture test my 600MHz G3 iMac fairly often. It's brutal. I'll click Safari, iChat, Mail, iTunes, and TextEdit in rapid-fire succession. I usually have time to go crack a cold one and get back before it's done opening all of them.

*watches new G5 iMac travel from Shanghai at FedEx*

Come on baby. Hurry.
ast3r3x

2004-09-27, 16:37

Quote:
/Applications/Acquisition.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat 6.0 Professional.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat 6.0 Professional.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Update Manager.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat 6.0 Professional.app/Contents/MacOS/SelfHealFiles/AdobePDFPrinter/AdobePDF.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat 6.0 Professional.app/Contents/MacOS/SelfHealFiles/MoverTool.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat 6.0 Professional.app/Contents/Plug-ins/PaperCapture/Server/Roman/Capserve.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat Distiller 6.0.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat Distiller 6.0.app/Contents/MacOS/SelfHealFiles/AdobePDFPrinter/AdobePDF.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat Distiller 6.0.app/Contents/MacOS/SelfHealFiles/MoverTool.app /Applications/Acrobat 6.0 Professional/Acrobat Distiller 6.0.app/Contents/MacOS/SelfHealFiles/SelfHealer.app /Applications/Address Book.app /Applications/Adium.app /Applications/Adium.app/Contents/Resources/Adium Crash Reporter.app /Applications/Adobe GoLive CS/Adobe GoLive CS.app /Applications/Adobe GoLive CS/Adobe GoLive CS.app/Contents/MacOSClassic/Required/AUMLibrary.cfm/Contents/SharedSupport/Adobe Update Manager.app /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS/Illustrator CS.app /Applications/Adobe InDesign CS/InDesign CS.app /Applications/Adobe InDesign CS/Plug-Ins/Online/AUMLibrary.cfm/Contents/SharedSupport/Adobe Update Manager.app /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS/Adobe ImageReady CS.app /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS/Adobe Photoshop CS.app /Applications/aMSN.app /Applications/AOL Instant Messenger (SM) ƒ/AOL Instant Messenger (SM)/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Applications/Droplet.app /Applications/AOL Instant Messenger(SM).old/AOL Instant Messenger (SM)/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Applications/Droplet.app /Applications/AppleScript/Folder Actions Setup.app /Applications/AppleScript/Install Script Menu.app /Applications/AppleScript/Remove Script Menu.app /Applications/AppleScript/Script Editor.app /Applications/Audio Hijack Pro.app /Applications/Audio Hijack Pro.app/Contents/Resources/LineIn.app /Applications/Audio Hijack.app /Applications/Battlefield 1942/Battlefield 1942 The Road To Rome.app /Applications/Battlefield 1942/Battlefield 1942.app /Applications/BBEdit 7.1/BBEdit.app /Applications/BBEdit.app /Applications/BitTorrent Old.app /Applications/BitTorrent.app /Applications/BitTorrent.app/BitTorrent.app /Applications/Calculator.app /Applications/Carracho X PR3.1.app /Applications/Chess.app /Applications/dcgui.app /Applications/Direct Connect.app /Applications/DVD Player.app /Applications/DVD2oneX.app /Applications/DVDBackup.app /Applications/DVDCapture/DVD Capture.app /Applications/Elasticity 1.0.2 ƒ/Elasticity.app /Applications/Firefox.app /Applications/Font Book.app /Applications/Glider PRO/Glider Pro.app /Applications/Goldfish Aquarium.app /Applications/Gush.app /Applications/Hewlett-Packard/HP Photo and Imaging Software/HP Scanjet Software/HP Scanjet Manager.app /Applications/Hewlett-Packard/Readiris 7 Pro/Readiris 7.0.app /Applications/Hewlett-Packard/WebUpdate/HPWebUpdate.app /Applications/iBatt.app /Applications/iCal.app /Applications/iCal.app/Contents/Resources/iCal Helper.app /Applications/iCal.app/Contents/Resources/iCalAlarmScheduler.app /Applications/iChat.app /Applications/Iconographer X 2.5/Iconographer.app /Applications/iDVD.app /Applications/Image Capture.app /Applications/iMovie.app /Applications/Internet Connect.app /Applications/Internet Explorer.app /Applications/iPhoto.app /Applications/iPodVolumeBoost.app /Applications/iStumbler.app /Applications/iSync.app /Applications/iSync.app/Contents/Resources/Scheduler.app /Applications/iTunes.app /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/iTunesHelper.app /Applications/Keynote.app /Applications/MacFLAC.app /Applications/MacJanitor.app /Applications/Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004/opera 6.0/Opera.app /Applications/Macromedia Flash MX 2004/Opera 6.0/Opera.app /Applications/MacTheRipper.app /Applications/MacVCD X Folder/MacVCD X.app /Applications/Mail.app /Applications/Microsoft AutoUpdate.app /Applications/Microsoft AutoUpdate.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft AU Daemon.app /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/MSN Messenger.app /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/MSN Messenger.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Alerts Daemon.app /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/MSN Messenger.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Microsoft Error Reporting.app /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/MSN Messenger.app/Contents/SharedSupport/MSN Messenger Daemon.app /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Alerts Daemon.app /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Microsoft Cert Manager.app /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Microsoft Error Reporting.app /Applications/Mozilla.app /Applications/Mozilla.app/Contents/MacOS/components/talkback/Talkback.app /Applications/Netscape.app /Applications/Netscape.app/Contents/MacOS/components/talkback/Talkback.app /Applications/OmniWeb.app /Applications/OmniWeb.app/Contents/Resources/OmniGroupCrashCatcher.app /Applications/OnyX.app /Applications/Poisoned.app /Applications/Preview.app /Applications/Proteus.app /Applications/Proteus.app/Contents/SharedSupport/imservices.app /Applications/Proteus.app/Contents/SharedSupport/imservices.app/Contents/SharedSupport/imserviced.app /Applications/QuickTime Player.app /Applications/RealOne Player.app /Applications/RealPlayer.app /Applications/Safari.app /Applications/SerialBox Folder/SMX 0.6.1.app /Applications/Sherlock.app /Applications/Starry Night Pro/Starry Night Pro.app /Applications/Stickies.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/Archive Assistant.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/Archive Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/Archive Assistant Helper.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/Archive Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/Archive Assistant Scheduler.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/Archive Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/Archive Assistant Scheduler.app/Contents/Resources/Archive Assistant Notifier.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/ArchiveSearch.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt Deluxe.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt Drag and Drop/DropConvert.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt Drag and Drop/DropSegment.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt Drag and Drop/DropStuff.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt Drag and Drop/DropTar.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt Drag and Drop/DropZip.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt Drag and Drop/Secure Delete.app /Applications/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt Drag and Drop/StuffIt Expander.app /Applications/SubEthaEdit.app /Applications/System Preferences.app /Applications/Terragen personal/Terragen.app /Applications/TextEdit.app /Applications/ThemePark.app /Applications/ThemePark.app/Contents/Resources/Theme Preview (Carbon).app /Applications/ThemePark.app/Contents/Resources/Theme Preview (Cocoa).app /Applications/Toast 6 (OSX)/Toast 6 [k].app /Applications/Toast 6 (OSX)/Toast 6 Titanium Software/CD Spin Doctor 2.app /Applications/Toast 6 (OSX)/Toast 6 Titanium Software/Motion Pictures 1.0.app /Applications/Toast 6 (OSX)/Toast 6 Titanium.app /Applications/Transmit.app /Applications/Unreal Tournament 2004.app /Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor.app /Applications/Utilities/AirPort Admin Utility.app /Applications/Utilities/AirPort Setup Assistant.app /Applications/Utilities/Asia Text Extras/Chinese Text Converter.app /Applications/Utilities/Asia Text Extras/IM Plugin Converter.app /Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup.app /Applications/Utilities/Batch Monitor.app /Applications/Utilities/Bluetooth File Exchange.app /Applications/Utilities/Bluetooth Firmware Updater.app /Applications/Utilities/Bluetooth Serial Utility.app /Applications/Utilities/Bluetooth Setup Assistant.app /Applications/Utilities/ColorSync Utility.app /Applications/Utilities/Console.app /Applications/Utilities/DigitalColor Meter.app /Applications/Utilities/Directory Access.app /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility.app /Applications/Utilities/Grab.app /Applications/Utilities/Installer.app /Applications/Utilities/iPod Software Updater.localized/iPod Updater 2004-07-15.app /Applications/Utilities/iPod Software Updater.localized/iPod Updater 2004-08-06.app /Applications/Utilities/iSight Updater 1.0.2.localized/iSight Updater 1.0.2.app /Applications/Utilities/Java/Applet Launcher.app /Applications/Utilities/Java/Input Method HotKey.app /Applications/Utilities/Java/Java 1.3.1 Plugin Settings.app /Applications/Utilities/Java/Java 1.4.2 Plugin Settings.app /Applications/Utilities/Java/Java Web Start.app /Applications/Utilities/Keychain Access.app /Applications/Utilities/NetInfo Manager.app /Applications/Utilities/Network Utility.app /Applications/Utilities/ODBC Administrator.app /Applications/Utilities/Print Center.app /Applications/Utilities/Printer Setup Utility.app /Applications/Utilities/Printer Setup Utility.app/Contents/SharedSupport/PrinterProxy.app /Applications/Utilities/SpeedTools™ Utilities.app /Applications/Utilities/SpeedTools™ Utilities.app/Contents/Resources/SpeedTools Components/Disk Defrag™.app /Applications/Utilities/SpeedTools™ Utilities.app/Contents/Resources/SpeedTools Components/QuickBench™.app /Applications/Utilities/System Profiler.app /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app /Applications/Utilities/X11.app /Applications/VLC.app /Applications/VolumeScroller.app /Applications/VPNClient.app /Applications/WeatherPop.app /Applications/WeatherPop.app/Contents/Resources/WeatherPop.menu/Contents/Resources/WeatherPop Setup.app /Applications/WeatherPop.app/Contents/Resources/WeatherPopApp.app /Applications/WeatherPop.app/Contents/Resources/WeatherPopApp.app/Contents/Resources/WeatherPop Setup.app /Applications/Windows Media Player/Windows Media Player.app /Applications/XBattery.app /Library/AppeService/AppeService.app /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobePDF.app /Library/Application Support/Logitech/Device Manager.app /Library/Application Support/Logitech/LCCDaemon.app /Library/Application Support/Product Registration.app /Library/Application Support/StuffIt Menu Preferences.app /Library/Documentation/User Guides and Information/iPod Users Guide.app /Library/Image Capture/Devices/EPSON Scanner.app /Library/iTunes/Scripts/Corral All Dupes.app /Library/iTunes/Scripts/Juke-box.app /Library/PreferencePanes/Little Snitch.prefPane/Contents/Resources/LittleSnitchDaemon.app /Library/PreferencePanes/StuffIt AVR.prefPane/Contents/Resources/StuffItAVRDaemon.app /Library/Printers/hp/Utilities/hp inkjet toolbox.app /Library/Printers/hp/Utilities/hp printer selector.app /Library/Receipts/FinalCutPro.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/FinalCutPro.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/G-Force 2.6 for iTunes.pkg/Contents/Resources/Installer Message.app /Library/Receipts/iCal.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/iChatAV21.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/iDVD.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/iDVD401Update.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/iLife.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/iSync.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/Logitech Control Center.pkg/Contents/Resources/KeyboardChooser.app /Library/Receipts/PithHelmet.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /Library/Receipts/QuickTime65.pkg/Contents/Resources/QT6Installer.app /Library/Receipts/QuickTime651.pkg/Contents/Resources/QT6Installer.app /Library/Receipts/SIMBL.pkg/Contents/Resources/Alert.app /System/Library/ColorSync/Calibrators/Display Calibrator.app /System/Library/Components/50onPalette.component/Contents/SharedSupport/50onPaletteServer.app /System/Library/Components/CharacterPalette.component/Contents/SharedSupport/CharPaletteServer.app /System/Library/Components/Ink.component/Contents/SharedSupport/InkServer.app /System/Library/Components/KeyboardViewer.component/Contents/SharedSupport/KeyboardViewerServer.app /System/Library/Components/Kotoeri.component/Contents/Support/KotoeriPreferences.app /System/Library/Components/Kotoeri.component/Contents/Support/WordRegister.app /System/Library/Components/SCIM.component/Contents/Support/SCIMTool.app /System/Library/Components/SCIM.component/Contents/Support/SCIMUIServer.app /System/Library/Components/TCIM.component/Contents/Support/TCIMTool.app /System/Library/Components/TCIM.component/Contents/Support/TCIMUIServer.app /System/Library/Components/XPIM.component/Contents/PIMUIServer.app /System/Library/CoreServices/AppleFileServer.app /System/Library/CoreServices/ARD Agent.app /System/Library/CoreServices/BluetoothUIServer.app /System/Library/CoreServices/BOMArchiveHelper.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Classic Startup.app /System/Library/CoreServices/CrashSubmitter.app /System/Library/CoreServices/DiskImageMounter.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Help Viewer.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Image Events.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Jar Launcher.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Kerberos.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Language Chooser.app /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Clock.menu/Contents/Resources/WindowClock.app /System/Library/CoreServices/MirrorAgent.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Network Setup Assistant.app /System/Library/CoreServices/OBEXAgent.app /System/Library/CoreServices/SecurityAgent.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app /System/Library/CoreServices/Software Update.app /System/Library/CoreServices/SyncServer.app /System/Library/CoreServices/System Events.app /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemUIServer.app/Contents/Resources/uiscriptrunner.app /System/Library/CoreServices/UserNotificationCenter.app /System/Library/Extensions/IOSerialFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/InternalModemSupport.kext/Contents/Resources/AppleModemOnHold.app /System/Library/Filesystems/AppleShare/check_afp.app /System/Library/Find/ContentIndexing.app /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/Support/LAServer.app /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SpeechSynthesisServer.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageCapture.framework/Versions/A/Image Capture Extension.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageCapture.framework/Versions/A/Image Capture Web Server.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Speech Startup.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SpeechFeedbackWindow.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechRecognition.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SpeechRecognitionServer.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Servers/CCacheClassicServer.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Servers/CCacheServer.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Servers/KerberosLoginHelper.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Servers/KerberosLoginServer.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/Python.app /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/PythonLauncher.app /System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Automatic Tasks/Build Slide Show.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Automatic Tasks/Build Web Page.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/MassStorage.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/PTPCamera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/TWAINBridge.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type1Camera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type2Camera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type3Camera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type4Camera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type5Camera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type6Camera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type7Camera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Devices/Type8Camera.app /System/Library/Image Capture/Tools/makePDF.app /System/Library/LoginPlugins/URLMountUIProxy.loginPlugin/Contents/Resources/UIProxyServer.app /System/Library/PreferencePanes/UniversalAccessPref.prefPane/Contents/Resources/UniversalAccess.app /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskImages.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskImages UI Agent.app /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Installation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Minstaller.app /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Installation.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MultiCDInstaller.app /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/InstantMessage.framework/iChatAgent.app /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTime Updater.app /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/ColorSyncScripting.app /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/FontSyncScripting.app /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Image Capture Scripting.app /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Keychain Scripting.app /System/Library/ScriptingAdditions/URL Access Scripting.app /System/Library/Services/ImageCaptureService.app /System/Library/Services/SummaryService.app /System/Library/Speech/Recognizers/AppleSpeakableItems.SpeechRecognizer/Contents/Resources/SpeakableItems.app /Users/ast3r3x/Desktop/Warez/StuffIt Deluxe 8.0/StuffIt DLX 8 Installer.app /Users/ast3r3x/Library/Application Support/Army Operations 2.1.0/System/Applications/Army Operations 2.1.0.app /Users/ast3r3x/Library/Application Support/iGet/1.0/iGetPartialPackage.app /Users/ast3r3x/Library/PreferencePanes/X-Tunes.prefPane/Contents/Resources/X-Tunes Daemon.app /Users/ast3r3x/Library/Printers/deskjet 5100-1.app /Users/ast3r3x/Library/Printers/deskjet 5100.app /Users/tsweigart/Library/Printers/deskjet 5100.app /usr/libexec/MiniTerm.app
Not bad.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-27, 19:02

My search resulted in 721 different ".app"s and, of course, that doesn't include Classic applications or Carbon apps that don't need the .app extension. I guess it would be more if I reinstalled the old software and games I just have on CDs.

To put that into perspective, the above list has 305 entries.

Edit: Oh crap. I hope this doesn't turn into an "I have X more apps than you do!" discussion.

Wrao
Yarp

2004-09-27, 19:17

nah I don't think will happen, but my penis is enormous

ast3r3x

2004-09-27, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
My search resulted in 721 different ".app"s and, of course, that doesn't include Classic applications or Carbon apps that don't need the .app extension. I guess it would be more if I reinstalled the old software and games I just have on CDs.

To put that into perspective, the above list has 305 entries.

Edit: Oh crap. I hope this doesn't turn into an "I have X more apps than you do!" discussion.
I got 345. How did you figure it out? I put it into BBEdit and it told me the number of occurrences it replaced .app. Not that I care haha, I by no means think I have a large number of programs on my computer, I only have an 80gb HD!

Now, I don't care about how many apps, I don't think it'll be that type of thread...but as for a thread like this... but my dick is bigger then wrao's dick

Guess that is a different thread...a poll maybe?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-27, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
I got 345. How did you figure it out? I put it into BBEdit and it told me the number of occurrences it replaced .app.
You are counting doubly the apps that are inside other apps. In other words, you are counting twice a path like /Applications/program.app/Contents/Resources/helperapp.app that should only be counted once. That's why you (incorrectly) counted a higher number.

Wrao
Yarp

2004-09-27, 20:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
but as for a thread like this... but my dick is bigger then wrao's dick
what? everyone knows you're a bigger dick than me.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-27, 20:15

(turn on animated GIFs if you have them disabled!)
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

2004-09-27, 20:18

Haha, I love Family Guy.
ast3r3x

2004-09-27, 20:36

nevermind