User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Tiger and iBook Screen Spanning?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Tiger and iBook Screen Spanning?
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2004-07-12, 16:02

I just tried hooking up an external display (Sony Multiscan 15sf; I realize it's over ten years old but it has worked fine with Jaguar and Panther), and now I can't seem to access any screen spanning options in System Preferences any more - the "Arrange" tab is missing in Displays. Has anyone else experienced this? Does the hack no longer work (newer ATi driver?), is the Displays panel just bug-ridden (they seem to have re-layouted things a little) or am I just missing something big time?
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-07-12, 16:46

It's possible that you have to re-impliment the hack. The firmware that you edit to allow for spanning may have been changed back when you installed tiger.

Just a guess though.

Come waste your time with me
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2004-07-12, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026
It's possible that you have to re-impliment the hack. The firmware that you edit to allow for spanning may have been changed back when you installed tiger.

Just a guess though.
Had thought of it, but the thing is, it's never happened to me with a system update before; I've had this hack installed pretty much since mid-2002 and have since gone through several Jaguar and Panther re-installs - the hack would always work.

I suppose I should give it a try.
chucker

2004-07-12, 18:47

DUH! Don't mind me, I'm stupid. I had issues with installing Tiger and, just to go sure, zapped the NVRAM *rolleyes*. No wonder the hack isn't active any more.

Gonna try and re-install it. I see that "Screen Spanning Doctor" also adds clamshell mode... Wonder how well that works
chucker

2004-07-12, 19:51

Victory! Now I even have clamshell mode. Successfully tried it out... maybe I should buy one of those Tactile Pro keyboards now to be able to use it well