AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

I know you Americans can get overly patriotic... but HOLY OMG WTF

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I know you Americans can get overly patriotic... but HOLY OMG WTF
Page 1 of 3 [1] 2 3  Next Thread Tools
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-04-04, 14:25

If this isn't the gayest thing you have seen in the last 6 months, then, well, you look at some really, really gay shit.

America We Stand As One

I can't believe this isn't a parody. Please, someone tell me that. Maybe I just didn't look around the site enough to realize it's a parody.

I actually had the stomach to watch the whole video. But I honestly couldn't spend more than 10 seconds looking around the site afterwards, because the video totally took my "gay stuff" tolerance down to -42, and I was about to puke out my tuna sandwich.

Anyway, it's cool how they got all those dead people and angels to be in their rock video.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-04-04, 14:28

Holy shit, I just realized that 90% of you guys are going to love this guy. Apparently he's been a Stunt Coordinator and Stunt Performer on Star Trek TNG, Deep Space Nice, and Voyager for the last 14 years. His name is Dennis Madalone.

He even has his own Star Trek trading card.

I surrender.

Oh, and I was going to comment on his coming to California with only a few bucks in his pocket, but the biography page is so cool that lame photos of him and a broad with a bunch of dogs are covering the bottom part of that page and I can't read it. Right on.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-04, 14:30

You sure that isn't Adam Sandler doing a parody?!?

Jesus, I hope so.
Random Hero

2005-04-04, 14:33

Last summer I went to San Francisco with iBrowse and SilentEchoes. We arrived in the midst of San Francisco's annual gay-pride parade.

Until just now, that was the gayest thing I had ever seen, then I watched that video.

No awkward goodbyes. No 'still friends' bullshit. Just a couple of bruised titties and a failed relationship. I rule.
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-04-04, 14:36

My favorite part was the clouds bit. Yeesh.

Stuntman turns songwriter apparently. I think he fell on his head a few too many times.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2005-04-04, 14:36

Am I missing something?

The movie seems to be a kind of commeratin for 9/11.... I have no idea about lyrical content, and besides the angel/dead stuff, it seems to be just a music video.......... I could find worse music video than this.....
Random Hero

2005-04-04, 14:37

Oh and worst. web site. ever.

Flash sites should be banished..
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2005-04-04, 14:45

What is this "Amairaca" he's singing about?

Also... so gay, it's nearly French.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-04, 14:47

So it's trying to be American, but can't really shake being French.

Sounds like Canada.

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2005-04-04, 14:48

Are we going to speak in cryptic language here? Putting on white hoods and chant "gay shit" or is anyone going to explain me exactly what is so gay about this movie?

I will reliterate- the music video, to me, is just a run of a mill of poorly made video that deserves no special mention... so what is the problem here. If it was the lyrics, then that'd have made sense because I didn't hear, but no, everyone keeps chanting "soooo gayyy" "sooo gayyyy"

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-04, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot
Apparently he's been a Stunt Coordinator and Stunt Performer on Star Trek TNG, Deep Space Nice, and Voyager for the last 14 years. His name is Dennis Madalone.
The saddest part of all is that I actually recognize him.
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2005-04-04, 14:50

That was quite possibly the worst song I have EVER heard, and the worst vid i have EVER seen!
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2005-04-04, 14:50

Shit, my ears and eyes are bleeding from that crap!
I love America and all that Shit but PLEASE, somebody put that gay bastard out of his and our misery.
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

2005-04-04, 14:56

New Jersey!! I knew it.
The long curley greasy hair, the ripped jeans and the bandanna tied around his leg just screamed Jersey to me. I bet he drives a camaro too.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-04-04, 15:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
So it's trying to be American, but can't really shake being French.

Sounds like Canada.

If you use Canada and this bastard in the same thought process again, I'll drive down there and rip your nipple piercings out. I don't care how big you are, you red haired sonofabitch.

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-04, 15:19

Aren't you guys supposed to be all pacifist and crap??

I keed! I keed!
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2005-04-04, 15:37

That inspired me to make a music video, I am pretty sure mine can't be that bad
¡Damned!

2005-04-04, 15:46

The harpies were scary.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-04-04, 15:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha
Aren't you guys supposed to be all pacifist and crap??
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-04, 15:50

So THAT'S where Billy Squier went to!

Seriously, I couldn't take more than the first sentence or two and the accompanying close-ups.

Take Geddy Lee, Billy Squier, Alice Cooper and a hint of Steve Perry, toss them into a blender (please?) and this is who you'd have.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-04, 16:02

a *FISH*??

Man, lack of NHL has really rotten your brain, hasn't it?

(s'okay, me too)
omem

2005-04-04, 16:34

HAHAHAHAHA

damnnnn haha
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-04-04, 16:57

I think the saddest part is that I recognize the woman standing in the graveyard with the baby as one of the actors from Babylon 5.

Or the way the guy's voice trembles.

Or the CG angels.

Oh god, I'm gonna give it all away! Man, this truly has to be seen to be believed.

On a scale of one to gay, this video rates "erotic male furry":

kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

2005-04-04, 17:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
I recognize the woman standing in the graveyard with the baby as one of the actors from Babylon 5.
Yeah, she looks like Patricia Tallman, who played Lyta Alexander in Bab 5.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-04-04, 17:17

She is. I did some googling and it looks like a while ago they did some kind of promotional thing where they got a bunch of sci-fi actors together for a photo shoot and then sold the prints as part of some kind of fund raiser.

Doesn't surprise me, really. This Star Trek guy could have just walked around the sets and gotten any of the actors who weren't busy at the moment to go out on the front lawn and get their picture taken. I think Star Trek and B5 were filmed near each other because you see a lot of the same actors in both shows.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-04, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
So THAT'S where Billy Squier went to!

Seriously, I couldn't take more than the first sentence or two and the accompanying close-ups.

Take Geddy Lee, Billy Squier, Alice Cooper and a hint of Steve Perry, toss them into a blender (please?) and this is who you'd have.

It was admittedly the gayest thing any of us have ever seen, but DUDE. Do NOT compare that guy to Billy Squire (two hit wonder that he was, at least he two hits were *good*, plus he could play guitar riffs), much less Geddy Lee (you don't have to like his voice but the guy has talent), or Alice Cooper (cuz he just kicked ass all the time like Maddox).

Steve Perry maybe (in the sense that he was a touchy-feely sissy singer), but even his music / talent is about 8000x more than what this putz can muster.

:smokey:

...into the light of a dark black night.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-04-04, 18:09

It ain't easy bein cheesy. I guess someone has to do it.... as a warning example for others if nothing else.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-04, 18:11

He's like the little brightly colored critters that make a big show of being there to warn others they're toxic.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-04, 20:05

Except in his case the warning is involuntary. I guess we should look on the bright side: some young effects artist just got a nice addition to his portfolio. I just wish he had used the best effect of all: making the singer disappear.

...into the light of a dark black night.
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-04-04, 21:29

Now, understand that I don't use the term "gay" when deriding something. I think it's an insult, saying that homosexuality is as bad as whatever the thing is.

But, after seeing this, I can't help but paraphrase Eric Cartman and say that that was the most fucking gayest thing I've seen.

Where the hell did this come from?

*addendum*

This has got to be something from the likes of Parker & Stone. This can't be real.

Also, of all the things he had to wear, he's got on a USA basketball jersey. What happened to the "Dream Team"? Oh yeah, they lost because the NBA prima donnas did the oh-so-Yankee thing and stayed home for more money.