User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 27 of 28 First Previous 23 24 25 26 [27] 28  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2019-08-27, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Oh, dear. I've found the recipe. So, if I lay a trail of these things all the way from 13topia to, say, someplace not mentioned, and I whack the one nearest me, then … hmmm …
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-08-27, 08:40

kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-29, 11:07

Don't know why, but the turtle farm seems to be broke. Hung out in there for 2 hours last night, got less than 60 turtle parts (I need about 1000). This morning, two!

I'm gonna vote for a new recipe for shulker boxes, considering their extraordinary usefulness. Chests and emeralds, perhaps? Still have to work for it, but there is pretty much no other use for emeralds.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2019-08-29, 11:24

Turtles take an insanely long time to hatch and mature, and you only get a scute when they grow from baby to adult. I noticed their weren't any eggs in the farm this morning so I bred a bunch to fill it back up.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-29, 11:36

Ah, so that's what's missing.

I'm gonna be in there AFK for a bit this AM, so if you need me out, yell really, really loud!

edit: It's definitely producing better now, but, man! I could run a marathon in the time it takes those turtles to get freaky!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)

Last edited by kscherer : 2019-08-29 at 12:22.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-08-29, 12:53

Maybe I'll have to come up with alternate alternate recipes to cut down on the wait time. 🤔
¡Damned!

2019-08-29, 12:55

Quote:
edit: It's definitely producing better now, but, man! I could run a marathon in the time it takes those turtles to get freaky!
Well, you have to feed them to breed them (it's what the seaweed in the chests is for).
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-29, 13:01

Aha!

So that's how it works? Hmmm…
¡Damned!

2019-08-29, 15:50

Quote:
I'm gonna vote for a new recipe for shulker boxes, considering their extraordinary usefulness.
I'd suggest a recipe for crafting shulker shells instead. Maybe something like this?:

Still a tiny bit of work to roast the fruit, enough to make it worth it.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-29, 16:49

Not bad, but the End is gonna get raped!

I think the idea for these expanded recipes is to prevent the raping of resource areas.
¡Damned!

2019-08-29, 16:59

What? Those things are basically End weeds. Replant as you go, if you're worried about it. By the time you get to the other end of an island the first half will already be regrown. Believe me, I've done it.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-29, 18:08

Alright. If that's the way you want it to be, I'll play along.
¡Damned!

2019-08-29, 18:22

No, no. Just unleash 3 million turtles into the wild. I'm fine with that.

It occurs to me though that we don't have an Overworld chorus tree farm... how can that be?

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-08-29, 18:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
No, no. Just unleash 3 million turtles into the wild. I'm fine with that.
Oh, I fed every one of those bastards!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-10-02, 10:57

Unless anyone has something to say, I'm going to do some coral raping in the SE out around 674/2461. Needs me some pretty rocks for my palace/ocean remodel.

Also, who owns the grid-like pyramid in the ocean just SW of my palace? And can it be moved?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-10-02, 15:31

There was a player who hasn't been on the server in a long time that had an underwater base near your palace IIRC. Lynn something I think. It is likely they won't be back, but I don't know for sure what grind thing you're talking about.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-10-02, 15:42

Yeah, Lynn's base is over there beneath the pyramid thing.
¡Damned!

2019-10-02, 18:01

The Pei Pyramid was put there during our big move-it-on-over event years ago, so it's not in that spot for any particular reason. I'd be happy to grab some coords for a new spot.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-10-02, 22:51

That would be awesome. I don't dislike the thing, it's just messing up my sunsets.

Seriously: A beautiful woman*, a glass of red wine, and a sunset. What could be better?

* MC is seriously missing in this area!

¡Damned!

2019-10-03, 07:49

ಠ_ಠ
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-10-03, 10:04

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Forgot to add my [/sarcasm] tag.

¡Damned!

2019-10-14, 11:34

I put some markers below the 4 corners pyramid and some relocation markers out in the sea E of the museum. So, whenever the gods appear we can request their moving powers.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2019-10-16, 15:40

Speaking of, I wonder if it's possible to move the Guardian Dropper. Like, replacing an active Ocean Monument with it? It might be to big to move since it goes down to bedrock, but it would be nice to get that running again.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-10-17, 15:38

That might be possible as I recall. The hitch might be that it has to be moved in quadrants or such to break it down into smaller bits allowing it to be moved. That is something I'm sure Brad can make happen, but not 100% on that. It would be nice if it were running again.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2019-10-17, 16:04

I did find an active Monument closer to town than the current location, right between the West and Spawn nether portals. I marked the corners off just in case.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-11-25, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Because I am plagued with a Minecraft scatterbrain of late and can't focus on one project for any stretch of time…

Other than very gradually filling that swamp for Bradtropolis manifest destiny, I have a moderately large idea for a different terraforming project I should ask here about. This mountainous region here with the wonderful Tranquility color wheel on top...
After far too long, this past weekend I finally logged in to wrap up the little details inside Tranquility Dam that were bothering me, and I have officially "unlocked" the doors leading into it.

Before, mockup/plan, and after:

Tada! 🎉

Confession: the reason this took so long was because I was also working on…
Spoiler (click to toggle):
a mini adventure exploration area underneath the dam, reachable from inside the dam facilities if you snoop around inside. I hope you guys find it! I tried to make it not-too-difficult to find…

Cheers 🍻

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2019-11-25, 17:28

Fun fun fun!!! Can't wait to check it out.

Speaking of hidden goodies, I just this past week noticed Jason and Michael swimming unburned in Hell.
¡Damned!

2019-11-25, 20:19

Holy FUCK Brad. It's Minecraft mixed with DOOM and spiced with Half-Life. It's amazing and I still haven't found my way out yet. Incredible. Mind-blowing. So impressive. Fuck, Brad. FUCK.

[edit]: Can't laud the subtlety and cleverness enough. The lava drips as sparks, the books and paperwork, locked-down areas wtf.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2019-11-25 at 20:45.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-11-25, 21:15

Yessssssss. That's just the response I was hoping for. Admittedly, I had hoped to release this in time for Halloween, as you could probably surmise, but all of my spare time was positively crushed in October as I was scrambling to finish my (award-winning!) costume (check me out!)...

I hope you heeded the sign at the entrance and brought some food with you! Once you know the way, it's actually pretty linear. Just keep pushing forward; there's always some way through... though some may be trickier to spot than others.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2019-11-25, 21:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Speaking of hidden goodies, I just this past week noticed Jason and Michael swimming unburned in Hell.
Oh yeah! Remember some months ago I mentioned there were a few other "easter eggs" hidden in the world that were only made possible by my (then) recent texture/resource pack update? Those two guys were one of them! It's probably hard to see from a distance unless you have OptiFine with a key mapped to zoom in, but they're wielding some special weapons that you can't craft naturally in-game. There also is… err… was a Link patrolling inside the Temple of Time, but I'm pretty sure he's wandered outside at some point and gotten himself killed by now. I haven't looked for him lately, but I know I had to "respawn" him a couple times before...