User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Final Predictions for Tuesday!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: What will be released on Tuesday by Apple
Tons of Stuff: Intel MacBook, iPod Boombox, iPod Touchscreen, updated displays 15 10.87%
Two Big Thing: MacBook and Boombox/iPod Touchscreen 46 33.33%
One Big Thing: MacBook or iPod gadget 30 21.74%
Multiple Little Things: Accessories, iPod socks, other stuff.. 21 15.22%
Limited Edition "Chuck Norris" iPod! 26 18.84%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Final Predictions for Tuesday!
Page 1 of 4 [1] 2 3 4  Next Thread Tools
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-02-27, 18:46

Ok, here's your final (well, not quite final) chance to voice your opinion on what will be released on Tuesday, February 28th, 2006 by Apple

Edit: The choices above are followed by examples, but those examples don't really mean anything.

Last edited by World Leader Pretend : 2006-02-27 at 21:19.

nsousa
Liar. Ignore me.

2006-02-27, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Leader Pretend
Ok, here's your final (well, not quite final) chance to voice your opinion on what will be released on Tuesday, February 28th, 2006 by Apple:
On tuesday, I will have breakfast, lunch and diner.
And I will "release", too.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-27, 18:50

- Colored iPod nanos
- Colored Mac minis
- eMac G5
- 50" Plasma display (in colors)
- iBlur 1.0 (for that "just right" leaked product spy shot...on-the-fly blurring, tilting, green color cast and camera shake)
- New socks (exciting spring colors...even more than they already are. EXTRA bright)
- Return of the Cube
- Return of the Newton
- Discontinue 30" Cinema Display because it was cute and funny at one point, but the joke has died down ("we didn't think anyone would really buy 'em!")
- OS X Leopard preview (T-shirts)
- Bluetooth Mighty Mouse
- iTunes 7 and 8 (7.0 at the start of the event, updated to 8.0 at the end, 90 minutes later)
- AirPort Ohmigosh
- iSync 3.0

buckeye

2006-02-27, 18:53

Apple Display price increase.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-27, 18:57

Okay, I'll be serious:

- iPod boombox thingy
- Some sort of music streaming update
- New version of iTunes and QuickTime
- Lots of iTMS news and new releases (certain shorts, more TV fare, etc.)

"One more thing..."
- Intel-based Mac mini (but no DVR/Tivo type of deal, but has Front Row, remote, etc.).

Live performance by Neil Diamond.

You heard it hear first.

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2006-02-27, 18:59

A steve jobs action figure will be given to all attendees.

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-02-27, 19:00

On tuesday I get to poop!

MINK

2006-02-27, 19:05

lol iBlur and iTunes update
but seriously, this is a serious game and my first time playing so.... i am gonna go for airport ohmigosh

i think it's
- a new 16:9 WiFi iPod/Newton/PSP/PDA touchscreen thingy that works hand in hand with....
- a Mac Mini home hub frontrow airport basestation thingy

it probably isn't a phone or a laptop and it is definitely not a TiVo

but anyway i want the digital hub revolution and I want it now.

zsummers
Avast!

2006-02-27, 19:09

A paper "Apple Rumor of the Day" Desk Calendar... to go with the announcement.

Oh... and the "slablet" Steve mentioned in his last speech. In different colors too!

Seriously, I think a Mac mini redesign is in order... it just feels like a "fun new product" to me, to go along with the boombox. Smaller, sleeker... like what they did with the iMac before pushing it Intel.

spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2006-02-27, 19:11

Shouldn't one of the choices be "nothing"?

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-02-27, 19:14

"come and see new products from Apple" != nothing.

MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2006-02-27, 19:20

Prediction:

Conan and Chuck Norris do a guest appearance. There will be a lever on the stage.

Every time Conan pulls the lever, Chuck Norris beats the crap out of some random person who gives up a product that Apple will release.

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-02-27, 19:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana
On tuesday I get to poop!
Glad to hear you're regular

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-02-27, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
- eMac G5
I know you were joking there... but the eMac never gets much of a mention aound these parts... Will it be the last to go Intel? I think sooner rather then later so its shipping for the new school year.

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-02-27, 19:40

The eMac was given the axe last year.

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

2006-02-27, 19:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
The eMac was given the axe last year.
No it wasn't. It's still available, but to education customers only, and through many resellers.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-27, 20:11

I don't know what will become of the eMac. Will it go away in 2006? Or will it get Intelicized too at some point?

Difficult...to tell.

atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

2006-02-27, 20:14

Well now that it's re-continued, I'll speculate about it...

the eMac would not be hard to Intelicize, since Apple designers have so much room to work with in there. If you ever open one up, there's lots of empty space. This makes crampedness and cooling much smaller issues.

You ask me for a hamburger.

shell

2006-02-27, 20:17

Maybe a celeron eMac? It might save schools a buck or two.

Rolo

2006-02-27, 20:17

That's a poor list of choices. I'm not expecting MacBooks right now, maybe a month hence. This thing will be all about media and stuff that works with audio and video. Fun stuff for the family room. A wireless Roomba that plays music as it cleans. A TV that watches you. A mood iPod that changes color depending on your mood or to the music. A new shuffle that also dispenses candy like a Pez. A touch-sensitive iPhone that does certain things depending on where and how hard you squeeze it. Maybe it could project video onto the bald head of the guy in front of you on the subway.

Whatever Apple announces, let's just hope the stuff lives up to the "fun" and "new" billing.

BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2006-02-27, 20:38

Right now I'm thinking two Big Things™, like the last couple special events they've had (iPod nano + ROKR, iMac update + iPod video). However, since it's in the small room at Apple's campus I'm tempted to say that there's only one thing. Every time they've used that room there's only been one new product unveiled (original iPod, white iBook).

sunrain
Veteran Member

2006-02-27, 20:38

I'm predicting a 70% chance of disappointment with a 30% chance of severe rationalization.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2006-02-27, 20:47

My predictions:
  • Apple will release one big product with a couple of smaller accessories. (95% sure it will all be iPod related)
  • People will storm the forums, creating several redundant new threads like: "The ***** totally rocks", "This sucks, where's my new *******", "Oh noes Apple is teh d00med".
  • A couple of members will get in a fight and recieve temporary bans.
  • Things should then die down until about mid-March/early April when the next special announcement invite comes to light.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-27, 20:50

You know something? I'm going to add a final, off-the-wall guess (and get completely hammered for it, I'm sure).

Completely out of left field: to mark their 30th anniversary (I know it's April 1, but why wait?), a special edition 23" iMac Core Duo (with "30th Anniversary Edition" or something like that, in small letters, underneath the "iMac" badge on the back).

In white. And black.

Just because:

1. They get to do something special with their flagship Mac, the only one that truly makes sense
2. They get to brag about having an HD iMac
3. Black nanos and iPods are apparently quite popular. This would be as well.
4. It's a REASONABLE product, unlike like that overpriced thing from a decade ago...it's a machine that people actually use/have. And can afford. And who here among us hasn't dreamed of a 23" iMac?
5. Create a limited run for, say, $1,999 or so. Enough to give most a fair shot, but not so many that they're not special. I don't know what that number would be. But a fairly limited run. And if it's not TOO large of a run, how about upping the "cool factor" (and collectibility value) and have them signed on the back - in silver ink - by Steve Jobs and Jonathan Ive? Or, say, a run of 1,000 of them that are signed like this? Charge $2,499, with the extra $500 going toward some Apple music scholarship or something? That's $500,000 to some deserving program or organization. And the kind of press and goodwill you can't buy.

And last but not least...

6. Frankly, it's been over a month since MWSF...the iMac hasn't been touched in almost 60 days, so it's time!

Don't tell me the above - 23" iMac HD Core Duo Special Anniversary Edition, available in white or black - wouldn't sell out in days, if not hours.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-27, 20:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynical_rock
My predictions:
  • Apple will release one big product with a couple of smaller accessories. (95% sure it will all be iPod related)
  • People will storm the forums, creating several redundant new threads like: "The ***** totally rocks", "This sucks, where's my new *******", "Oh noes Apple is teh d00med".
  • A couple of members will get in a fight and recieve temporary bans.
  • Things should then die down until about mid-March/early April when the next special announcement invite comes to light.

We've just witnessed the most dead-on predictions yet, folks.

That third one, especially. And I could go so far as to actually give you the names of the prospective "ban-ees"...

russgiro88

2006-02-27, 20:53

Here's my predictions for tomorrow:

1. Universal Binaries of a few new programs, Intel transistion is going well, blah, blah, blah, iPods are wonderful

2. Deal with CBS puts Two and Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, CSI, Numbers, Survivor, Letterman clips on iTunes

3. iPod Hi-Fi - speaker dock with wi-fi to stream to the device, fm tuner that can be controlled in same manner as FM remote, comes with Apple remote, has A/V outputs.

4. Intel Mac Mini - thinner, 1.5 and 1.67 GHz Core Duo Processor Models, 512MB Ram, 64 or 128 MB Video Ram ATI X1300 or X1400, 100 and 120 GB HD, Super-drive, Built-in AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth, FrontRow and Apple remote

5. Intel MacBook (iBook) - thinner, 13" Widescreen 1.5 GHz and 14" 1.67 GHz Core Duo Processor Models with essentially the same specs as the Mac Mini, Built-in iSight, FrontRow and Apple remote, MagSafe

Everything will be thinner since thinner = funner.

Banana
is the next Chiquita

2006-02-27, 20:57

Let's have the names! That way, mods can ban them in advance.

Pre-crime, you know....

russgiro88

2006-02-27, 21:02

Oh, I forgot to say that Steve will mention 1 Billion songs sold on iTunes way too many times. Then some random musical guest will come out. My guess is James Blunt. Or maybe he'll call Chris Martin on iChat to congratulate his song being downloaded. It will be really awkward either way.

ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-02-27, 21:13

So basically you're saying that Steve Jobs and Chris Martin are the same person??? (AHA! You edited your story! If that doesn't prove it, I don't know what does!)

ghoti
owner for sale by house

2006-02-27, 21:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRabbit
Every time they've used that room there's only been one new product unveiled (original iPod, white iBook).
Well, the iPod wasn't so bad. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow, and will just wait for the surprise. I don't think anybody has any credible information, and many of the things that were suggested here are kind of dull, like MacBooks or displays with iSights. I hope it's going to be something new and unexpected, even if it's just one thing. Give me one good, new thing over any number of run-of-the-mill stuff.