Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Disable iOS 16 Lock Screen controls

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Disable iOS 16 Lock Screen controls
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2022-11-15, 20:45

I swear I saw it before bu tho do I disable the Lock Screen controls for iOS 16?

They're super frustrating and I constantly accidentally raise the volume on my TV when on my phone.

https://twitter.com/kierankelly/stat...74732826296321

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-11-15, 23:35

Maybe the toggles you are looking for might be under Face ID/Touch ID and Passcode? Or Control center?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-16, 08:57

Yeah, I try to never control my ATVs with my phone for that reason. I never did both looking into how to disable that, but it does get annoying when I don't want to control them.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2022-11-16, 09:30

It's such an easy thing to get off of your Lock Screen, right? you would think that. But nope. Been trying to figure this out for weeks now.

I don't want to lose the option to control from my phone, but I want that to be a conscious choice fo going into control center. Not just always on.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-16, 10:03

What if you open a new app, like Music, so it becomes the "remote" on your Lock Screen?

I'm really curious about this now. I always switch off which Apple TV I'm controlling so it goes away. Never thought about how annoying it would be front and center.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2022-11-16, 13:15

I can switch it back to my phone to control the phone, but the AppleTV controls inevitably come back.

I just want to permanently disable this showing up on my Lock Screen.

It used to show up on my Apple Watch too, but I saw where to turn that off at some point and did, but can't remember how or where. Grrrrr....

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-16, 13:45

Do you have a second AppleTV? If so you can switch to control it instead. This way it will be dormant and not show up on your screen when you don't want the main TV on it. That is what I end up doing for mine.

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2022-11-16, 18:33

I only have the one hooked up so I don't know if that would work.

I dont even know what process this is that is controlling it. Is it Handoff?

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2022-11-16, 20:00

I just disabled AirPlay on the AppleTV and the widget went away.

I don't AirPlay to this TV, so no biggie, but this should have been much easier to do.

If the people on this forum can't figure this out, I can only imagine what other people think about this.