User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

New video ipod will have a touch screen and virtual controls

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
New video ipod will have a touch screen and virtual controls
Kasracer

2006-02-17, 18:32

Looks like Apple filed a patent yesterday for an interface with visual controls and a touch screen.

The patent itself

Guess we'll be seeing a new video iPod this April. Sounds like it could be pretty cool.

Last edited by Kasracer : 2006-02-17 at 19:19.
sunrain
Veteran Member

2006-02-17, 19:15

Try searching the forums before posting a thread. This topic has been posted multiple times in the last few days.

...and you're spaming.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-02-17, 19:18

Yeah. The only new thing to this thread is your exciting blog
sunrain
Veteran Member

2006-02-17, 19:21

Thanks for removing the spam, but it's still a redundant thread.
Kasracer

2006-02-17, 19:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrain
Try searching the forums before posting a thread. This topic has been posted multiple times in the last few days.

...and you're spaming.
I searched all through the other video ipod thread and found nothing about the patent. Just speculation of the touch screen so I thought it should have it's own thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Yeah. The only new thing to this thread is your exciting blog
It's not a blog and I thought it would be nicer to include all the information and links but I removed it if that helps.
admactanium

2006-02-17, 19:34

i believe this is a new patent story.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2006-02-17, 19:44

From this patent:
Quote:
[0049] As yet another example, the keyboard initiation event may be triggered by the user putting her fingers on the touch screen (for example, a multipoint touch screen) in a "typing" position. The detection of this user action may trigger a virtual keyboard initiation event, based on which the initial keyboard processing 110 is executed and the virtual input device is displayed as part of the composite display. In this case, for example, the operating system processing 104, interacting with the touch screen hardware and/or low level processing, is made aware of the user input to the touch screen. Such awareness may be in the form, for example, of coordinates of points that are touched on the touch screen. When a combination of such points, touched on the touch screen, are determined to correspond to a user putting her fingers on the touch screen in a "typing" position, then a virtual keyboard initiation event is triggered. The processing to determine that the combination of points correspond to a user putting her fingers on the touch screen in a "typing" position, such that a virtual input device initiation event is to be triggered, may be allocated to the operating system processing 104 or may be, for example, processing that occurs in conjunction or cooperation with operating system processing 104.
I smell a tablet! iPods don't use keyboards (yet)