AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

AirPods (2019)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AirPods (2019)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-03-20, 08:14

So Apple just quietly released the very long awaited wirelessly charging AirPods.

On the really bright side, we don't have to buy a whole new set of AirPods to get wireless charging, just buy the new case. I'm not going to since I don't have anything that is Qi. I should note, those are the Veteran & Military pricing on the screenshot.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

Send a message via AIM to Yontsey Send a message via Skype™ to Yontsey 
2019-03-20, 08:45

I ordered my pair this morning. Been waiting for what seems forever for this update. I am seeing a totally different price for all 3 though. I saw $199/$159/$79.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-03-20, 08:58

I'm special.
Quote:
I should note, those are the Veteran & Military pricing on the screenshot.
kieran
Tweeting @kierankelly

2019-03-20, 14:14

Instant buy for me with the wireless charging.

Only product I 100% use every day.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-03-20, 14:39

So, iPod touch tomorrow, new MacBook Friday?

This (three days in a row of Apple product announcements) never would have happened when Steve was alive!
kieran
Tweeting @kierankelly

2019-03-21, 15:05

I was really hoping for AirPower, but I guess that’s pushed back again.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2019-03-22, 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran View Post
I was really hoping for AirPower, but I guess that’s pushed back again.
AppleInsider is saying launching "possibly" in late March. Perhaps unveiled finally Monday? They are pricy but I could easily be in the market for 2 right off the bat to charge iPhone, Watch, and AirPods at the same time.

@yontsey
kieran
Tweeting @kierankelly

2019-03-22, 11:53

It’s weird because the image that was on the AirPods page for months with AirPower showed three devices and now the new image for AirPower is only showing two devices. That would make it a lot less useful to me.
Brave Ulysses
Veteran Member

2019-03-22, 18:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
AppleInsider is saying launching "possibly" in late March. Perhaps unveiled finally Monday? They are pricy but I could easily be in the market for 2 right off the bat to charge iPhone, Watch, and AirPods at the same time.
Doesn’t really seem like something cool enough to hold for a special event (on a streaming service). Also seems to make no business sense to hold it a week when sales would surely have been a lot higher if it had been released with the new air pods and able to be ordered together.

I’m guessing we don’t see it until WWDC or September.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2019-03-30, 16:15

I got my AirPods on Wednesday and absolutely love them buuuuuut........they kinda fit loose in my ears, which is what I was afraid of. I feel like I have weird ears/ear canals. The right fit better then the left but even just walking through the grocery store, I felt like i was adjusting them every couple minutes. I contemplated sending them back but I did some research. Long story short, I found a thread on MacRumors from a couple years ago with a guy using a 3M Nexcare Waterproof Grip Tape.

I got mine in the mail today via Amazon and tried a couple different configurations for each ear and I'll be honest, they fit sooooo much better. They have no issue fitting in the case either.

I just wanted to throw this in here incase anyone has had a similar issue. I almost gave up on mine immediately but these will make them a daily fixture for me now.

Edit: This is the OPs picture from MacRumor. Mine look similar.

@yontsey