Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Thanks for that, AppleNova

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Thanks for that, AppleNova
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-03-23, 01:03

- Whenever I see a squirrel, I think about scratt.
- Whenever someone asks me a stupid question, I sometimes answer "beer."

How has AppleNova affected your life in seemingly pointless ways?

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
Wrao
Yarp

2007-03-23, 04:12

Since using applenova, my brain is hung like a horse. Applenova, I approve!
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2007-03-23, 04:33

I learnd too spel and reed gud hear. Fankyoo appplenova.

Kraetos, congrats on the launch of your sequel.. Any inside news on God of War 3 for us?
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-03-23, 04:54

I spend too much time here. Thanks AN.
joveblue
Veteran Member

2007-03-23, 08:51

I was late for work the other day, thanks...
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-03-23, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
I was late for work the other day, thanks...
I'm at work now, thanks.

I also make the squirrel/scratt connection.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2007-03-23, 09:33

I often get a 'this would make a great thread on AN' thought when something weird or funny happens.

When the Child's Play movies get mentioned, I think about Chucker for some reason. Chucker > Chuckie obviously, and I apologise to him for this unfortunate association!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-23, 09:52

I do the same thing. If I see a funny or freaky story in the news, I often think "ooh, I need to let the gang know about this...".

If I see something on TV about "Star Trek", Brad will flash into my mind. I'm serious. When I see a commercial for the Marine Corps, it'll remind me of Messiahtosh. I associate Atlanta (and Mary-Lynn Rajskub's butt) with drewprops. Anything I see or hear about New Mexico or scooters, I automatically think of thegelding. I often wonder what SKMDC's take on something of a musical nature (a band, an album, a concert, etc.) would be.

Stuff like that. Tons more...I associate things or locations with many people here, so if I hear about them my first thought is often "hey, I wonder if so-and-so was there?" or whatever. Needless to say, The Radiators and FFL are forever linked in my mind.

...and I don't even want to get into the things that triggers thoughts of murbot. Ferris wheels factor in a bit, and it just goes downhill from there.

Foj
Veteran Member

2007-03-23, 09:56

Sometimes I'll think to myself "That guy needs to be Malarchuked"
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-03-23, 11:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
I learnd too spel and reed gud hear. Fankyoo appplenova.

Kraetos, congrats on the launch of your sequel.. Any inside news on God of War 3 for us?
It's gonna be the bomb. And I will kill many Gods. Because Gods piss me off. Think they're all high and mighty. I already killed two, whats five more? Plus, I took Zeus' sword so what now, bitches?

I had God of War 2 the day it came out and beat it in less than a week. Still need to go back and beat it on hard, though.

All I can think about God of War 3 is that the entire game will look like the cinematics from 1 and 2. And this makes me squee with joy. Because lets be honest, a huge part of God of War is watching the awesome disembowlments. Now we get to watch them in 1080p.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
digitalprimate

2007-03-23, 11:33

I started to use the word bannination.
CoolToddHunter

Send a message via AIM to CoolToddHunter  
2007-03-23, 11:44

I started to use the word celebutard.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-23, 12:37

As much as I'd love to take credit, I saw it on some other news/movie site a while back. It just stuck with me, and is a great description to apply the Paris/Nicole/Britney/Lindsay crowd.

Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-03-23, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
- How has AppleNova affected your life in seemingly pointless ways?
Good idea for a thread, Kraetos. It's kind of cool to think that there are people all over the world walking around with thoughts relating to AppleNova in their minds. Didn't Jung talk about some kind of 'shared' consciousness? Well, I think we have a bit of that here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos
Whenever I see a squirrel, I think about scratt.
I only see squirrels when I drive up north; but if I 'were' to see one, I imagine that scratt would flash through my mind. When I see squirrels online, I 'do' think of scratt.

And then sometimes I try to pronounce 'squirrels' the way you Brits do. I *love* the way you say it. I think it's really cute. It's actually rather difficult for those who speak American English to pronounce the word the way you guys do.

After I fail at saying 'squirrels' with a British accent, I then say it the way 'we' do: "skwhirl". I realize that we must sound like backwoods retards when we pronounce it that way. *sigh* Ah well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrao View Post
Since using applenova, my brain is hung like a horse. Applenova, I approve!
Kickaha has a 'lot' to answer for wrt that simile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball View Post
I often get a 'this would make a great thread on AN' thought when something weird or funny happens.
Well, exactly. I find myself driving around town thinking about thread topics for AN. I do this 'all' the time, probably sometimes without even realizing it. I even start writing the initial post in my mind as I drive along. (Well, hey, at least I'm not putting on 'makeup' as I drive. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
I do the same thing. If I see a funny or freaky story in the news, I often think "ooh, I need to let the gang know about this...".

If I see something on TV about "Star Trek", Brad will flash into my mind. I'm serious. When I see a commercial for the Marine Corps, it'll remind me of Messiahtosh. I associate Atlanta (and Mary-Lynn Rajskub's butt) with drewprops. Anything I see or hear about New Mexico or scooters, I automatically think of thegelding. I often wonder what SKMDC's take on something of a musical nature (a band, an album, a concert, etc.) would be.

...and I don't even want to get into the things that triggers thoughts of murbot. Ferris wheels factor in a bit, and it just goes downhill from there.
Yeah, I think about stuff like that all the time too. Even just when watching the weather report, I'll wonder how our Minnesota or New York members are handling all that snow/rain/sleet/whatever.

When I see stories about North Carolina *constantly* in the news, I wonder if our NC members realize that NO other state in the union has as many appalling news stories as 'they' do. haha

When flying into Atlanta recently, I couldn't help wondering where Drew might be at that moment, and where Jack had lived.

When I get outraged about something in the news, and then imagine starting a thread about it at AN and actually 'expressing' my outrage, my very 'next' thought will probably be that I better just keep my mouth shut, because all the liberal sweetie-pies here would be shocked at some of my opinions.

"WHAT would Dorian say?", I ask myself. And then I just stifle my anger and forget about starting the thread.

I guess that could be called 'peer group censorship'.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-03-23, 13:17

Whenever people come over and see my AppleNova coasters they think they're hot shit. Seriously.

I've had at least a dozen people ask me where I got them.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-23, 13:21

Dammit, why didn't I negotiate myself some sort of back-end deal? I GAVE it all away!

"Sure, use my Nova silhouette doodle...no prob!"

That'll teach me.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2007-03-23, 13:29

To get to sleep, I occasionally try and recall as many members names as possible. I usually get about 60 or 70.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-03-23, 13:30

I know, imagine the the payout. Even just a small fee from each sale, of like 25¢ per sale. That'd be, what, $3.00?

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-23, 13:46

Wait, would I have to report that?

But it's enough to retire, baby!

"Ah've got me $13 and the island awaits!"
Foj
Veteran Member

2007-03-23, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
I only see squirrels when I drive up north
We've got plenty of them down here in Atlanta and the south. A bunch of little scratts running around.

Quote:
When flying into Atlanta recently, I couldn't help wondering where Drew might be at that moment, and where Jack had lived.
Drew is all over the place. Riding around on Peachtree Rd./St. way too fast on his motorcycle and catching car thieves all while dressed as a cardboard storm trooper.

Many times when I see a preview for a new movie, I wonder what kind of review pscates will write about it. Always a good read.

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-03-23, 13:58

For that you'll need to fill out Schedule 501, along with Worksheet A, B, and C, and when you're done with that, you need to calculate capital depreciation with Form 1020 per item then attach to the Form 1021 (Total Capital Depreciation). You also need to file a 941 quarterly report the wages you earned from selling the products, then file a 2208 for exemption for small business. That also means you need to do the Self-Employed Tax, and will need the proper forms for that....

Well, just go ahead and get yourself over to a local IRS field office and pick some random forms and you'll be off to a rocking start.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-03-23, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
(...)

Wonder if there's another mini-game? What was it they said on Ars; "Get your Kraetos on"?

I think the best AN has done for me is that people here have educated me enough, not to take apart my macs in the same destructive manner as I have done with other HW, my late PC and blue smoke comes to mind.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-23, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
For that you'll need to fill out Schedule 501, along with Worksheet A, B, and C, and when you're done with that, you need to calculate capital depreciation with Form 1020 per item then attach to the Form 1021 (Total Capital Depreciation). You also need to file a 941 quarterly report the wages you earned from selling the products, then file a 2208 for exemption for small business. That also means you need to do the Self-Employed Tax, and will need the proper forms for that....

Well, just go ahead and get yourself over to a local IRS field office and pick some random forms and you'll be off to a rocking start.
Funny.

But the terrifying part is...you're probably not that far off.
World Leader Pretend
Ruling teh World

2007-03-23, 18:11

I usually think about this forum more than I should. Today when I was running I was thinking about strapping a camera to a headband and recording some of my trail running, then sharing it here on AN. Then I thought, maybe someone has those cool video-glasses that you hook up to your iPod, so they can run on a treadmill and feel like they are running in the woods of the Flint Hills...

And I usually think of 'scates as my personal movie reviewer.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-03-24, 01:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Leader Pretend View Post
And I usually think of 'scates as my personal movie reviewer.
Seconded. 'scates, start a blog. I'd read it. Hell, I'll host it for free if you like.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-03-24, 02:48

AN is almost always on my mind when I see odd things. murbot when it is a little racy. Yeah, I get my movies reviews from 'scates too. Words like bannination, celebutard and Marlachukaha come time mind every now and then. I see Yoda and *shudders* think of MacGeekxxxx, and whenever I see a squirrel, our gravity fighting sabertooth comes to mind. Oh, and I'll never think of spaghetti the same again.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.