Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Is it just me, or...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Is it just me, or...
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-04-21, 10:36

...is Greg Oden the oldest looking "freshman" you've ever seen?

I just happened to read a story about the guy on TSN... he looks like he's 30 years old! Either this guy has some really bad "aging genes" or he has smoked a shitload of pot (which like cigarettes, will make you look old and tired if you smoke enough). He's got crinkles in his brow, smile lines and possibly bags under his eyes among other things. You're not supposed to have that shit when you're 18 years old.

...into the light of a dark black night.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-04-21, 10:40

Obama looks younger.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2007-04-21, 10:54

I can't wait until his secret comes out... He's been playing pro ball in Europe and OSU had him flown here and heavy plastic surgery done and changed his identity. That would be funny.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-04-21, 10:56

Anyway, I was asking... did Oden do the Jr. College transfer thing before going to OSU?

Here's a nice picture of him prior to OSU, so we know his aged appearance isn't due to lack of sex.

Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-04-21, 10:56

Obviously his hormones, testosterone, have been through the roof from a young age. He's huge. Most guys over 6'6" seem to age very quickly.

It's like the classic Billy Crystal movie, My Giant.... "Have you ever seen an old giant?"
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-04-21, 11:00

Could be... seriously. If you're built like a man at age 13 or whatever... could be you age faster too.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-04-21, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
Anyway, I was asking... did Oden do the Jr. College transfer thing before going to OSU?
I don't believe so because he wouldn't be considered a Freshmen. I had a friend who played baseball at a junior college and then transfered to a major school as a junior. I've wondered about Oden all season but he's going to the NBA so he'll fit right in I guess.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-04-21, 11:24

He looks like the actor Delroy Lindo in that first pic.

And he probably sounded like Darth Vader as an eight-year-old at the dinner table, and scared his family half to death when asking them to "pass the corn, please...and together we will rule the galaxy", or whatever.

And I'm digging the bod on the little pink girl above...pretty sure I've seen her on Amateur Campus Snatch, Vol. 17.
murbot
Hoonigan

2007-04-21, 18:40

The Onion wonders the same thing.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2007-04-21, 19:13

Textbook example of acromegaly. (Does that make me sound like I know what I'm talking about? ) Or else serious abuse of recombinant growth hormone. His brows are otherwise inexplicable.

… engrossed in such factional acts as dreaming different dreams.
ironlung

2007-04-21, 19:18

I remember during the florida OSU game the commentators commented (imagine that) on his age. They said his mom has had to carry his birth certificate at times to prove his young age.
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2007-04-21, 19:26

So his mum carries his birth certificate around for him! I suppose young Greg isn't ready for such responsibilities.
Windswept
On Pacific time

2007-04-22, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
So his mum carries his birth certificate around for him! I suppose young Greg isn't ready for such responsibilities.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-04-22, 15:22

All right so the Onion and TV commentators are clearly wondering the same thing. I feel better now. And yes, Dorian makes a good point: might possibly be a weed-roids cocktail that did his face in.