AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: 1.6 coming this week

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.6 coming this week
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-05-31, 22:08

So, 1.6.6 is out. And a compatible Bukkit version is out....

So, when shall it be?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-05-31, 23:45

Recommended builds for 1.6.6 only showed up five hours ago, and there've already been two, and I don't know if the plugins have been tested. Again, let's not be too hasty on this and risk problems. At the absolute earliest, we'll update next weekend because I need time to test offline.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-05-31, 23:58

I'm in favor of it going through Brad's labs!!
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-06-01, 01:46

I'd prefer testing.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-03, 20:38

I've been testing this evening and things are looking good. I may upgrade the server before the night is done!
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-06-03, 20:59

I'm going to put hatches fucking everywhere.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-06-03, 21:04

Very cool! Too bad I'm away from My computer for a mini vacation tonight so I won't be able to get on until tomorrow. Hope all goes well!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-03, 21:30

Some findings so far:

Apparently the BP rollercoaster is now a bit... deadlier. When notch tweaked how fire spreads, he must have (intentional or not) changed how close you have to be to set yourself on fire. I guess I'll be closing it down to rework soon.

Nether seems to work. Both worlds are loaded at startup time. It's hard to gauge performance just yet. I can probably guess which of you will love and which of you will hate the nether.

The mob trap seems a bit quieter. I wonder if notch tweaked the spawning algorithm again. On the bright side, I haven't seen see any drops fall through to the ground yet. edit: Scratch that. Found a couple of arrows on the ground.

More to come...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-03, 21:37

Also, did this happen before in the trap? Spiders seem to get stuck in every channel like this and never die. They just sit contently there between the water and lava.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-06-03, 21:51

Yeah, um that's not normal. Looks like the blade design will have to come back.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-03, 21:56

InvaderJak/ThunderPoit will be happy to know that the PaulyDome doesn't get a shave off the top. Although you can't place new blocks at 128, existing blocks seem to be OK.

Ghast fireballs are now visible even in the overworld. I also discovered that their explosions are surprisingly weak. While they do destroy wood, sand, and glass, stone structures seem to be invulnerable. No matter how many blasts I lured into the Parapa Palace entryway, nary a block was scratched.

And, yes, fire is ridiculously slow to spread. TOO slow, IMO. Burning Man II has been going all night and isn't finished.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-06-03, 22:14

I'll be on shortly!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-04, 01:08

What a strange land…

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-06-04, 01:17

Hahaha, I like how the skyranch is a big green pentagon
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-06-04, 02:03

So... 1.6.6. We has it.
¡Damned!

2011-06-04, 11:26

Nice! I poked my head in, was instantly bombarded by ghasts and promptly died.

I went back for more and built a little safe house around the FM portal, but not before the ghasts had extinguished it. So here I am in the Nether, waiting to be saved. Oh, and apparently once you kill a pigman, none of them forget about it.

Question: can you /tp to a person in the Overworld from the Nether?

So it goes.