User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

What video games are you playing right now?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What video games are you playing right now?
Page 1 of 77 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2008-08-07, 14:16

Since we've gotten our house under contract (yay!), I've got much more time to be productive, so I'm playing lots of video games after the wife and son are asleep. Currently, I'm splitting time between MGS4 and PixelJunk Eden (if you haven't played it and you've got a PS3, you're totally missing out! Also, if you've got a PS3, we should start a game sharing group, but that's off topic...)

So, what are you all playing?
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2008-08-07, 14:19

COD4, Civ:Revolution; I haven't checked out PixelJunk yet.

I was very disappointed with MGS4. I thought the story was very lackluster, and the game came up kinda short, IMO. I don't know if it was actually shorter compared to the other Metal Gears, but something was certainly missing.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-08-07, 14:23

None.

My Wii has been sitting on my shelf for at least a month with no one playing it. I wish I could find some time to play anything on there, but I just can't seem to find any.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-08-07, 14:32

Star Ocean 2 (PS) and Okami (Wii).

The former has some of the funniest poorly-translationed voice-overs. My favorites are Claude's lines after you win a battle:

"Advance forward!"
"Well, that's somewhere around 80 points!" (WTF does that mean?)

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2008-08-07, 14:32

I'm playing Oblivion on my "game only" PC.

Other than that, I play Candyland, Sorry!, Clue JR. and Hungry Hungry Hippo's on a very regular basis.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2008-08-07, 14:35

TF2, every now and then.

Oh, and Sudoku.

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2008-08-07, 14:42

WoW (although that's tapering off again) and Mario Kart on the Wii.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-08-07, 14:44

Forza Motorsport 2, Geometry Wars 2, and a little bit of Fallout 2.

The new Geometry Wars game is awesome - if you have an Xbox 360, you should definitely get it!

BTW, my XBL gamer tag is ItsaMamaLuigi so if anyone else here wants to compare scores or party up sometime, go ahead and add me.
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-08-07, 14:57

The last 2 games I beat were COD4 for Xbox360 and TC Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PS3. I'd have to say that RB6V2 was one of the best games I've played in a long time. I'm a big time 1st person shooter though.

I just got MGS4 a couple weeks ago and haven't really had time to get into it. I popped it in the other night for a few minutes but the whole beginning was just video pretty much so I got pissed off and went to bed. The little bit I did play, I dunno how I feel about it, so I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint me.

I wish I played videogames more then I do.

I'm debating if I wanna get Madden or not. I haven't liked it since Madden 06 on regular Xbox. I hate the 360 ones. I didn't buy it this year, but who knows.

I need to start playing Halo 3 online more again.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2008-08-07, 14:58

I'm swtiching between NHL08 and Devil's May Cry 4. I've completed DMC4 2 times (normal(devil hunter) / hard(son of sparda)). There's 3 mode left, and I'm planning doing them... Such a great game.

The next games I'll playing will be released this fall. Like Little Big Planet, guitar hero 4, maybe NHL09

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2008-08-07, 15:00

MGS is a slow moving story, to be sure. Lots and lots of video cutscenes, but it's still great. I love it. You've got to be patient, but it's not a run-and-gun shooter so if you're not, it's not your thing anyway.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-08-07, 15:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I'm debating if I wanna get Madden or not. I haven't liked it since Madden 06 on regular Xbox. I hate the 360 ones. I didn't buy it this year, but who knows.
Well, Madden 09 looks to be greatly improved over previous years. 06 and 07 were some of the worst in terms of broken gameplay and zero improvement over past years. In particular, I remember playing Madden 06 at a friend's house and he could consistently beat me by simply throwing a Hail Mary every play. Even if his receiver dropped it on first down, he had three more attempts (no, he never punted). So while I was thinking I was so l33t with my play calling, he just exploited the broken game mechanics and beat me.

There is a demo out for 09 and it seems much better. Might be worth getting. The last time they made major improvements to the game was in 05. Madden's the kind of game where you only need to buy a new one every 3-4 years.
¡Damned!

2008-08-07, 15:14

WingNuts 2: Raina's Revenge
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2008-08-07, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Well, Madden 09 looks to be greatly improved over previous years. 06 and 07 were some of the worst in terms of broken gameplay and zero improvement over past years. In particular, I remember playing Madden 06 at a friend's house and he could consistently beat me by simply throwing a Hail Mary every play. Even if his receiver dropped it on first down, he had three more attempts (no, he never punted). So while I was thinking I was so l33t with my play calling, he just exploited the broken game mechanics and beat me.

There is a demo out for 09 and it seems much better. Might be worth getting. The last time they made major improvements to the game was in 05. Madden's the kind of game where you only need to buy a new one every 3-4 years.
Every time I see a craigslist ad with someone saying "PS2 + 50 games!!!!1111!", I have to laugh because, inevitably, 45 out of those 50 are the yearly sports releases. They're such a waste of money to buy every year.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2008-08-07, 15:24

Halo 3. Lots of Halo 3.

Other than that:

- World of Warcraft (again! oh no...)
- PixelJunk Monsters
- CoD4
- occasional Rock Band
tomoe
Veteran Member

2008-08-07, 15:47

Often:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Resistance
Grid
Civilization: Revolution

Occasionally:
Skate
MGS4
Dirt
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2008-08-07, 15:51

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Wow, that's old. I might as well have said something like "I'm trying to get through the sixth level of Mario Bros. 2." Ha ha.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-08-07, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artap99 View Post

Wow, that's old. I might as well have said something like "I'm trying to get through the sixth level of Mario Bros. 2." Ha ha.
I love the older games. There are so many classics .
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2008-08-07, 16:27

Quote:

Yeah, I had 07 and hated it. I heard 06 was terrible on 360 that's why I got it on the regular xbox.

I refused to buy 08 due to my disgust over 07. I'm hesitant to buy 09, so we'll see. If I buy it, I'd have to buy some draft classes off ebay because the franchise mode is all I do.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-08-07, 17:13

I haven't had a lot of game playing time recently. So it's usually split between WoW and GTA IV, and sometimes GT 5 Prologue. Although I have recently been playing a bit of Diablo II, the trailers and previews of Diablo 3 really got me yearning to play some good old D2 again. D2 still doesn't work on Intel Macs with Leopard, I have it running on my G5 and in Vista in Boot Camp.

I'm going to really make an effort to get Rock Band 2 when that comes out. I would be playing UT3, but it's not out for the Mac yet. I play the demo now and then in Vista.

Oh and I play a smattering of iPhone games intermittently. Bomberman, Monkey Ball, Vay, Aurora Feint, Crash Kart, Critter Crunch, Bubble Bash and Brain Challenge.

Last edited by Xaqtly : 2008-08-07 at 17:18. Reason: spelling
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-08-07, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
Halo 3. Lots of Halo 3.

Other than that:

- World of Warcraft (again! oh no...)
- PixelJunk Monsters
- CoD4
- occasional Rock Band
What's your gamertag? You can PM me if you'd rather keep it private.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2008-08-07, 22:20

Mario Kart and SSBB on the Wii. I beat Subspace Emissary but after that I pretty much moved over to Mario Kart.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2008-08-07, 22:46

Every now and then I go online and play:

- Lost Planet
- UT4

Once a fortnight I have an F1 Championship Edition session to learn the next track in the F1 calendar ahead of the race.

I tired of GTAIV quite early, but will play it again when we have our next serious drinking session at Maison Scratt.

Most recently I was playing Grid, and plan to have a refresh of Burnout Paradise when the new DLC is available for bikes.

But mostly I am spending any spare moment working on my own game on the Mac. I expect that to take a bit of a break the new crop of games hit in September, particularly Little Big Planet.

Ooo.. And the new Pixel Junk derivative game looks quite cool.. I may give that a try as I missed out on the whole Pixel Junk Monsters craze.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2008-08-07, 22:56

PJ Monsters is on sale for only $4.99 right now. You should pick it up. Eden is a full price purchase for sure. I don't know how many hours I've wasted swinging my damned grimp. Such a fun game. I'm going to get my wife to join me in a co-op session this weekend. I hear that it's fun even if the other person sucks.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2008-08-07, 22:57

I've been on a used game binge, and actually completed the collection of Gamecube games I wanted. Finishing those so I can play the sequels on the Wii. Namely, that means Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (finished 1, about 80% through 2), and Fire Emblem 9 (Path of Radiance). Those got put on the back-burner for a bit, however, when Final Fantasy 4 was rereleased on the DS. I'm on my third run already.

As for what's coming out, I'm planning to buy a 360 in about a month, along with NHL '09, Tales of Vesperia, and Infinite Undiscovery. PS3 for Christmas with Disgaea 3 and whatever the hell else is out by then. Gotta get the fall/winter release dates in order.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Foj
Veteran Member

2008-08-07, 23:02

GTA 4 at the moment. I'm thinking of getting Devil May Cry 4 or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune soon.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2008-08-07, 23:05

Quote:
What's your gamertag? You can PM me if you'd rather keep it private.
Kraetos.

InactionMan
Veteran Member

2008-08-07, 23:16

I'm still deep in sweet ass Mario Kart Wii action.
Dave
Ninja Editor

2008-08-07, 23:25

Mostly WoW, about to start Warhammer Online.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-08-08, 03:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artap99 View Post

But it's okay, because Majora's Mask is really, really good.

It's one of my favorite Zeldas. Ocarina of Time is overrated...yeah, yeah, it was great for its time, but later titles have bested it in gameplay, and Majora's Mask bested it for story. I was "wowed" by MM from the moment it came out, because it was so different...so much "darker" than any other Zelda (at the time).

Even to this day, my favorite Zeldas are the "side-story" ones (Link's Awakening, Phantom Hourglass, and MM.)

As for what I'm playing? With the new trophy update I'm going to try getting through Uncharted again. I'm not normally an "action-y" game person but I'll play almost anything if it's good enough and Uncharted certainly is. And the graphics...it's like playing a movie.

I don't "get" people who rent bad/easy games or even buy them just to boost their trophy count/gamerscore...it's like, why do you care what people think about you that much? If you know that half your points are from games you rented just because they had a reputation of being easy trophies/points, aren't any "bragging rights" you get sort of...hollow? But at the same time, I'm curious as to how the PS3's new trophy system works (I haven't gotten any yet ) and I've been meaning to finish Uncharted, anyway....

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong