Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Combine Multiple Apple IDs

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Combine Multiple Apple IDs
iThink therefore iMac

2011-04-17, 10:05

Hi All,

I have two apple IDs and I was wondering if there was a way to combine them. I'd like to merge the older ID with the newer one (the older one is my AOL e-mail address which isn't used anymore). I unfortunately have paid apps in both accounts and I don't want to buy the apps again to consolidate. Has anyone had experience doing this? I have a few dollars in credit for each of the accounts - is it possible to get that transferred over as well?

Thanks for the help!
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2011-04-17, 10:35

https://discussions.apple.com/messag...sageID=6564071

Quote:
I contacted Apple (initially via the feedback form on the .Mac Support page) and asked them to do exactly that. It took a couple of email back-and-forth and maybe 5 days elapsed, but they definitely can and will do that.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2011-04-17, 10:38

I've been trying to do just this for over a year and have received no's from everyone, even an Apple ID manager out in California who called me directly said there wasn't anything they could do. I guess your milage will vary.
iThink therefore iMac

2011-04-17, 11:17

I just submitted my request through the support page. I'll let you know how this turns out.
screensaver400
Veteran Member

2011-04-18, 15:13

I spent a week or two going back and forth, trying to combine my old, original Apple ID with my MobileMe account for just that reason--purchased apps, updating, etc. He said it's just not possible.

There has to be a way. Why not give us free copies of the apps we've purchased on the old account via a promo code or something? Oh well.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-04-18, 22:46

While the RIAA won't like this, I just pirate the songs I don't remember the original account I bought them under. I mean really, how obnoxious is it that I paid my real modney for a song that I now can't play because I don't remember which old email address I was usinng at the time I bought it and had to reset my iTunes devices?

This is why I won't buy anything that has DRM now other than DVDs and BR that I can still rip (though I'm having a challenge with my Terminator 2 BR right now).

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.