User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Is iMac likely to be updated with new chips?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Is iMac likely to be updated with new chips?
AubreyL

2007-09-21, 21:22

I know Intel announced their next generation of chips coming out in January. I'm sure this is likely to make it to the iMac. Will these chips (I think it's Penryn) make it to the new iMac or are they going to work in that type of machine? Also, will they be quad core or is that something that will come out later in 2008? Any ideas of any other changes likely to come to the iMac?
I decided to buy a Mac Mini instead of the iMac this year. I want one of the current generation iMac's very much but with it being a new design I figured it's best to wait until the first update. I'm hoping also that maybe there is a matte screen option.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2007-09-21, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyL View Post
Will these chips (I think it's Penryn) make it to the new iMac or are they going to work in that type of machine?
Likely, and yes.

Quote:
Also, will they be quad core or is that something that will come out later in 2008?
Later.