Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Brad's AN Minecraft Texture Pack

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Brad's AN Minecraft Texture Pack
Page 5 of 6 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2014-04-01, 19:41

Maybe the April Fool's shenanigans are messing with the pack today?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-04-01, 19:55

I haven't updated things in a while. What kind of shenanigans am I missing out on?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-04-01, 20:03

OH.

Oh god what wonderful sounds and music. I have to find these files and save them for future use.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-04-01, 20:28

Isn't it just jarring when you're playing normally on a "clean" server like ours? I went to my controls and was all
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-04-01, 22:11

"Hello, come out. We mean you no harm."

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2014-04-02, 16:45

Duuuuuh duh duuh duuuuh....Duuuuuh duh duuh duuuuh
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-06-22, 22:19

Surprise! There's an update (v1.7b) in the usual place if you're still manually installing it!

http://applenova.com/etc/brad/minecr...adTextures.zip

This update fixes a couple of broken textures that I'd missed previously and it adds... some secrets. If you're not already letting the server specify the resource pack (you should!) then you really should grab this update. Because secrets.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-11-28, 01:17

I just updated the pack (v1.8d) to include support for connected glass and bookshelf blocks if you're using OptiFine and have the "connected textures" option enabled. I've also updated the server to point to the latest version.

Yes, yes... I think I'll take the time this weekend to write up notes about getting OptiFine working with Minecraft 1.8.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-11-28, 12:14

Installed, updated, working.

And, oh, the Nether. THE Nether. THE NETHER!!!

And, oh, the railway. THE Railway. THE RAILWAY!!!

Best update EVER!

Me likes the connected glasses. Me likes them a lot.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-11-29, 23:53

Here are some quick instructions on setting up OptiFine. This method uses the most current supported versions of Minecraft and OptiFine. There's another way to do this using Forge which can give you access to some other Forge-based mods, but you have to carefully pick older versions to get things working correctly because the latest versions are not compatible with each other. I may detail that method later.
  1. Make sure you're running the latest version of the Minecraft launcher. The latest version bundles a jull copy of the Java 1.8 VM, and you'll need this. https://minecraft.net/download
  2. Download the MagicLauncher app. http://magiclauncher.com
  3. Download the latest OptiFine for Minecraft 1.8.8. http://optifine.net/downloads
  4. Put the optifine jar somewhere you won't lose it!
  5. Open MagicLauncher.
  6. Click Setup.
  7. Ensure that the 1.8.8 environment and 1.8.8 jar are selected.
  8. Click the "Add" button on the right and find your optifine jar. Once added, you should see it in the mods list with a checkbox selected.
  9. Click the Advanced tab.
  10. Check the box by Java and then click the Select button.
  11. Change "Types of Files" to "All Files" and then navigate into your Minecraft.app/Contents/runtime/jre-x64/1.8.0_60/bin and select the "java" file.
  12. Press OK.
  13. Press Login.

Now Minecraft should be running! Whenever you want to start the game with OptiFine, just use MagicLauncher and press Login instead of using the official Minecraft app.

Once Minecraft is started from MagicLauncher, go to Options: Video Settings. If OptiFine is loaded correctly, you'll see its name and version in the bottom left corner of the screen.

To enable connected glass, set Options: Video Settings: Quality: Connected Textures: Fancy.

Mmmmm.... connected glass....

drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-12-04, 11:10

Oh crap.

MagicLauncher says that the Optifine JAR that I've selected is invalid.

I went back to download an older one, but it doesn't like that one either.

These are the two that I've tried:

OptiFine_1.8.8_HD_U_F5.jar
OptiFine_1.8.8_HD_U_G7.jar

Praytell what sort of boneheaded thing have I done to invalidate this process?

Thx

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-04, 12:29

Is it pirated software?

Yuck
Yuck
Yuck
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-12-04, 14:06

Laugh it up, fuzzball.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/105369/laugh-it-up-fuzzball-o.gif

drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-12-04, 19:00

Here's my error log from the Magic Launcher.

Code:
*** MagicMinecraftLauncher 1.3.1 *** LCP: ;bin/jinput.jar;bin/lwjgl.jar;bin/lwjgl_util.jar;/Applications/Minecraft JARs/OptiFine_1.8.8_HD_U_G7.jar McVersion: invalid MainClass: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247) at magic.launcher.Launcher.main(SourceFile:188)

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2017-06-10, 20:44

I just finished initial support (with a little extra cleanup while I'm in there) for Minecraft 1.12.

If you want to try it out yourself, this version and most other versions can be downloaded from my github repo: https://github.com/infinitewarp/anmc...pack/releases/

Once we update the server to 1.12, I'll wire up the automatic thing there.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2017-06-11, 10:07

I just uploaded one more minor update to fix crafting tables not having the recipe book button.
¡Damned!

2017-06-11, 12:45

They look great! Brighter shulker boxes! Are banners brighter too? I can't really tell since I don't see them around that much.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-10-10, 19:08

Three and a half years since I last bumped this thread? Jeez. Time flies. Well, it's better late than never I suppose. Since I used to dump my updates here, I figure this is where I should bump again.

Earlier this evening, I updated my pack to 1.16d and updated the server to use it. This fixes a problem where some of the banner textures were rendering with large unexpected black areas when put on shields.

As usual, you can download from the main link in the first post of this thread, or you can download the current or any past tagged version from my GitHub or GitLab repos. I always push my changes to GitLab first, GitLab automatically syncs periodically to GitHub, and I manually update the server whenever it looks like no one is online.

applenova.com/etc/brad/minecraft/AppleNovaBradTextures.zip
gitlab.com/infinitewarp/anmc-resourcepack/-/tags
github.com/infinitewarp/anmc-resourcepack/releases

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-10-12, 15:01

Brad, do you keep an archive of all the old texture/resource packs? I found where I have copies of the original Bridgeport and such. I'm thinking I can go ahead and run those though the map maker to seal them in history again now that I can do so without Google Maps. What would be even better is if I can convert to HTML or something that doesn't rely on an external server after they are generated.

I can try with the current resource pack, but I'm fairly certain it won't work right. We might end up with default textures on it when I generate the maps.

Edit: I just noticed that GitHub goes back to 1.6 it looks like! I don't recall was version BP was when we moved on from it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2020-10-12, 20:24

Here's a conundrum. With the addition of the new cracked and chiseled nether brick variants, do we go back to 'stock' netherbrick color or adjust these two to be redder? Kinda like the darker red now that we have legit Red Nether Bricks, but they don't all the variants of normal Nether Bricks. What say ye all?

L>R : Red Nether Brick, Current Nether Brick Coloring, Stock Nether Brick Coloring, Blackstone Brick.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-10-12, 21:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Brad, do you keep an archive of all the old texture/resource packs? I found where I have copies of the original Bridgeport and such.
If my records are correct, we moved from Bridgeport to Sedona some time around mid-2011, and that coincides with latter phase of the Beta Minecraft releases, probably around Beta 1.6 or Beta 1.7. I have a Sedona backup from I think 2011-09-22, and that's really close to the Beta 1.8 release on 2011-09-14. So, it must be older than that.

You have piqued my curiosity now. I'll have to dig around to see if I still have any local copies of my resource pack from way back then. That would certainly predate anything I have in the git repo history.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-10-12, 22:27

Well, you aren't far off. We stopped Bridgeport on the 16th of September, 2011. At 2259 to be specific!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-10-12, 22:29

Huh. I thought I did a pretty thorough job finding versions when I originally back-populated the history for that git repo, but I just remembered one place that apparently I didn't think to check back then: my ancient external Time Machine drive!

I found in literally the oldest backup state I had a copy of my then-current resource pack dated… 2011-09-11.

I'll dig around for other versions throughout my Time Machine backups (now that I know to check them) and upload something tomorrow. Maybe I'll even rewrite that git repo history to inject some old copies there…

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-10-12, 22:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Here's a conundrum. With the addition of the new cracked and chiseled nether brick variants, do we go back to 'stock' netherbrick color or adjust these two to be redder? Kinda like the darker red now that we have legit Red Nether Bricks, but they don't all the variants of normal Nether Bricks. What say ye all?

L>R : Red Nether Brick, Current Nether Brick Coloring, Stock Nether Brick Coloring, Blackstone Brick.
Ouch, good observation! I'll have to go play with textures and evaluate the options here too…
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-10-12, 22:37

Cool. Thanks for looking into that Brad, on both counts!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-10-13, 21:21

Would you believe I found an even older resource pack backup from February 2011? This one seems to coincide with Minecraft Beta 1.3!

I've bundled up a bunch of the packs I found that predate the git repo history, attempted to organize them by version, and put them here: AppleNovaBradTextures-archives.tgz

It's hard to imagine now that these were all the items and blocks we had back then!

No shears! Were we just farming and murdering sheep left and right to get blocks of color?

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-10-14, 09:43

I do remember those days. I remember playing back when torifile sold me one of his beta codes so I could join. You already had the AN server running.

Thanks for looking those up Brad. I've grabbed the archive and hope to get these old worlds rendered again in the near future.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-10-17, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Tell me what you think of this. Stock vanilla MC on top and my new flavors below (not yet updated on the server).

This definitely brings my pack closer to stock MC, which isn't all bad since they remade a lot of the default textures a couple releases ago, but it still shifts the tone in a direction that I generally prefer. I cleaned up some noise, made the standard bricks less washed-out, slightly darkened the red nether brick, slightly brightened the nether brick, fixed the off-by-one alignment of all the nether bricks, and maybe a few other little things that I can't remember.

I haven't actually touched the new blackstone bricks; I just included them for contrast.

¡Damned!

2020-10-17, 20:42

Love 'em! Maybe because I haven't really built with bricks in the past, but I notice that the mortar is just so weird on the stock bricks...

*Also you've made me realize that I should turn up my brightness settings.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-12-14, 00:41

I thought I saw 709 post in here earlier over the weekend… did I miss an update somewhere?

Anyhow, I'll try to check out the pack tomorrow to make sure the server is updated with all the changes I last mentioned here.