Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2014-12-13, 17:27

Fine by me.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-13, 22:00

Yes, Grey. Having the same problem. Talked to Brad and he is gonna re-wipe!

Stupid fish!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-13, 22:00

OK, I'm shutting down the game to try pruning again…
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-13, 22:03

And we're back. Hopefully that did it! Ken or Grey, go find your monuments.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-13, 22:21

Ken says he found a monument where he expected it. Great success!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-13, 22:55

Also, would you all mind too terribly much not doing massive land expansions? You can look at the archive map to see what has already been discovered if you would like. While I don't generally mind because we do have enough space on the drive for it, it's just much larger than we need it to be.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2014-12-21, 17:41

The path off of the NE portal that heads out over the ocean to the (eventual) Guardian Grinder has to be one of the nicest walks out of New Bridgeport. At night it's especially stunning. Just saying.

I was wondering if we might put a sand mine out there, in the desert beyond the little ghost town at the foot of the path. Any thoughts about that?

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-12-21 at 18:10.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-21, 18:12

Dooo et!
¡Damned!

2014-12-21, 18:31

Well, I was thinking more of a community area ala BP, so it may have to be a bit E of the ghost town. Which is OK.

Dispenser-making is fucking torture*, so I may take a break and look around for a fun, suitable area.

* unstackable bows. fuckity fuck fucking things are a bane. And when i need ~ 2000…. . Nevermind string, of course, which I need TRIPLE for each one dispenser.

S'kay, since I have patience and spider grinders, but still, fuck those things.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-12-21 at 19:17.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-21, 19:39

I have ape-loads of string if you need it. A full large if i remember. You're welcome to it.

Also, if you need help with dispensers, I can make a bunch tomorrow.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-21, 20:15

I can help you get dispensers or at least the parts to them. Where would you like them? What would you like me to work on for you for that part? No admin magic, just manual help. Gives me a project to work on while I'm thinking about my next project.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2014-12-21, 21:08

Thanks, both of you, but I've got it I think. And also thanks for the offers.

This may sound a bit crass and offish, but I really don't want any help with the GGrinder project. It's a thing that I'd like to just massage and experiment with, without any pressure from the outside to do it any other way. I've already fucked up a few times. I'd like not to fuck up again… but when I do, I want it to be on the list.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2014-12-21, 21:14

That said, SAND MINE.

We should have one. We haven't since BP I think, but why not try one again...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-21, 22:42

How about the area by Spec's Eastern area? Or maybe the area by the North West portal?
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-12-22, 00:54

Wait, my eastern area? I don't have anything further east than Mob Hill in the middle of Cashout Cove proper (that I know of, anyway). You mean the (more or less abandoned) mountain out past the mesa biome to the west?
¡Damned!

2014-12-22, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
How about the area by Spec's Eastern area? Or maybe the area by the North West portal?
I like the NW desert idea. There's a decent sized sea there as well that probably has a monument or two.
¡Damned!

2014-12-22, 10:55

Also, 1WTC!

It's glorious, Brad.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-12-22 at 11:20.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-23, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
Wait, my eastern area? I don't have anything further east than Mob Hill in the middle of Cashout Cove proper (that I know of, anyway). You mean the (more or less abandoned) mountain out past the mesa biome to the west?
Yeah, I meant western area. I never noticed it said eastern in my original post. Maybe I should proofread.

The thing about that area by the NW is that we can prune it regularly. For that I would hope there won't be a monument near it.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-23, 20:43

You know, we could say that any monuments in the "pruning" area are a public resource and subject to wipe/restore from time to time. Locate a monument there? Go ahead and wipe it out, but it might get replaced once in a while.

Just a thought.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-26, 13:01

Coming soon is the Monument Tour company! For those interested in seeing a monument without fear of drowning you will soon be able to walk through this monument with relative ease. Sure it won't be pristine because I'm going to have to put up ladders and such, but you'll get the feel for it.

When it is open for visitors, please do not harvest anything. It is going to be as untouched as possible to allow you to enjoy it.

¡Damned!

2014-12-27, 22:29

This will be great.

Can we talk about a path? The scrubby desert nub seems ripe for a 90° thing that goes from me to you and back.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-28, 00:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
… When it is open for visitors, please do not harvest anything …
Isn't that a bit like telling the kids not to lick the frosting?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-28, 14:16

For the path I'm not exactly sure of how I want to do this. All enclosed when underwater or make them swim a portion to allow the visitors to see the guardians a little closer.

For now I'm thinking a surface path that stops just shy of the square above the monument. Then go below the surface and circle around the perimeter in an all glass tunnel that's 3x3 inside. This will allow visitors to see the squids being attacked an such. People can swim if they want by not going in the tunnel or walk on the tunnel. The glass will be one block below the surface of the water.

As of now, I'm thinking I'll have a chute that goes from the tunnel around the monument that ends right before the opening of the monument. This will require a little bit of time in the water, but will limit the modification to the monument.

709, if you have a specific design for the path to that tunnel, feel free to get it started. I lit a two torch wide stretch of the desert that points to the opening of my monument. That will make lining up a little easier I hope.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-28, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Isn't that a bit like telling the kids not to lick the frosting?
Yes, it sure is. Maybe I should go back and edit my post.
¡Damned!

2014-12-28, 15:10

I wasn't thinking anything fancy, it's a desert ghost town ffs.

A desert temple(ish) would be appropriate, imo. np.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-29, 17:49

Path is there now.

For those who do come out I would recommend a night viewing in the water. You can't see that well through the glass but at night there are fireworks!

Shouldn't be much longer and I should have it open for visitors too!

drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-29, 22:22

Trying to head to the new temple right now, stopped by my place to get armor and there was a ding dang rabbit in there!!? Did that just happen or was it introduced there by one of you guys?

Also: where is this temple thingy???

I hate having to read all of this again....

Okay, it's poorly documented in the wayfinding through the nether, but I found it after consulting the map.

It looks like you defeated a temple and are building your own from the prismarine blocks you found, is that correct?

Also: you found a village!

It looked like you had a lava highway over there too.... or something.... I'll check it out next time I log in

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter

Last edited by drewprops : 2014-12-29 at 22:42.
¡Damned!

2014-12-30, 16:30

make buckets, fill buckets, place buckets. make buckets, fill buckets, place buckets. make buckets, fill buckets, place buckets.

fuuuuuuuuu
¡Damned!

2014-12-30, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Okay, it's poorly documented in the wayfinding through the nether, but I found it after consulting the map.
The Nether is getting better, with signs and all, but s'true. I haven't placed a sign in there for the current project because a) not finished by a longshot and b) no idea what to call it. When it's about to be opened, sure, but that will be a while still. It's a massive thing, even if it doesn't look like it from the surface.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2014-12-30, 21:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
make buckets, fill buckets, place buckets. make buckets, fill buckets, place buckets. make buckets, fill buckets, place buckets.
And done. Phase IV complete. That either has to do with my last bucket placement or a society of ants that are way way smarter than us.