User Name
Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Tattoos
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-02-05, 20:18

I got my first tattoo yesterday. Anybody else have some ink?

The art was done by a friend of mine. Tattoo done by Charlie, the owner of Studio 21 in Las Vegas.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-02-05, 20:40

OMG

I was just going to start a thread about tattoos! OMG TWINS <3 <3

No, seriously, I was. The thread title was "TattooNova: Thread of No Regrets (AND NO THREADSHITTING)" because that was a problem last time.

So, you, yes you: If you're entering this thread just to post something about how tattoos are totally gay or how everyone is going to regret getting one when they're ninety or some other smug shit about how your boringness makes you superior, don't. Or as murbot put it last time:

Quote:
Originally Posted by murbot View Post
Jesus people, if you don't like tattoos then don't post in the "help with my tattoo" threads. Pretty simple.
Now that that's out of the way, I know some other people here have tattoos. They should all post pictures of them! Whenever somebody tells me they have a tattoo I'm interested in what it is, because you can tell so much about someone by what they choose to get inked on their bodies, you know? Plus, I'm interested in what sort of tattoos you nerds would get. Hahaha J/K

Xaqtly, your tattoo tells me you'd probably be a fun person to hang out with. You're probably pretty spontaneous and not afraid of trying new things.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-02-05, 20:49

Despite my needle phobia, I've been considering something like a Celtic knotwork bear paw on one upper arm and a Celtic knotwork band on the other.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2012-02-06, 00:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
I got my first tattoo yesterday. Anybody else have some ink?

The art was done by a friend of mine. Tattoo done by Charlie, the owner of Studio 21 in Las Vegas.

Nice homage.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-02-06, 02:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Xaqtly, your tattoo tells me you'd probably be a fun person to hang out with. You're probably pretty spontaneous and not afraid of trying new things.
I just see life as being too short to not try things you want to try, and do things you want to do. Plus, this is not just a tattoo representing a silly song, this has personal meaning for me. I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Despite my needle phobia, I've been considering something like a Celtic knotwork bear paw on one upper arm and a Celtic knotwork band on the other.
You know it's really not that bad, getting the tattoo. If the artist is experienced and good, it's kind of more annoying than outright painful. Imagine one of those metal dental picks your dentist has, and dragging one across your arm with maybe medium force. That's kind of what it feels like, and it's not constant because he's lifting off as he goes to draw more of it in. And then the recovery feels like road rash. Ever fallen off a skateboard and scraped up your knee or arm or something? The recovery feels pretty much exactly like that. Again, more annoying than outright painful. What I'm saying is that if you want to do it, you should do it.

I hate needles as much as anybody, but this didn't trigger my needlephobia for whatever reason. It was more like he was just drawing on my arm than actually going into it and taking blood or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+ View Post
Nice homage.
Thanks. I am really happy with it.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2012-02-06, 07:55

Very Nice. That totally rocks!
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-02-11, 14:40

Here's a video of the tattooing process. It's mostly stills, but there's some video in there too.

Zak gets a tattoo
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-05-22, 16:59

I got a new one today. It's a heart inspired by old school video games, with my daughter's first initial in it. I'll try to post a better quality picture later, but here's the photo I tweeted earlier:

https://twitter.com/bwyatt/statuses/204989093459918848
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2012-05-23, 22:55

My girlfriend got one a while back.

Geeky, cool. I'm not really a tattoo person, but this one is really fitting for her

more up to date photo she just sent me. Needs a little touch up, but still neat.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET

Last edited by Ebby : 2012-05-23 at 23:09.
Zeldaluvr2007

2012-05-23, 23:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebby View Post
My girlfriend got one a while back.

Geeky, cool. I'm not really a tattoo person, but this one is really fitting for her

more up to date photo she just sent me. Needs a little touch up, but still neat.
Ebby, you're lucky to have such an awesome girlfriend. I love Navi!
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2012-05-24, 12:11

Awesome, I love the 8 bit heart, Wyatt. And I like that Navi tattoo too, that's really cool.