User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Apple just called my girlfriend...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple just called my girlfriend...
joebells

2005-10-17, 14:44

My girlfriend got an imac about 2 or 3 months ago and apple just called. The lady said that it was apple calling to see how she liked her new computer and that she would call back. Has that ever happened to anyone else? Its kind of cool and weird.
Engine Joe
Going Strange...

2005-10-17, 15:10

Yup - happened to me least year after I got my iBook. I never called them back (they left a message), but if I could have (I was in Europe at the time) they would have offered me some kind of discount on other products within a 30 day window.
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2005-10-17, 15:13

She will tell you your phone support is nearing an end and that your warranty will be completely over after a year. Then she'll try to sell you AppleCare which extends your warranty and phone support for 2 extra years.

So it's a sales call essentially, but I don't know if they outsource these callers or not but I've never met one that wasn't totally cool to talk to.

In fact AppleCare people have always left me warm and fuzzy as well, now if they could just do something about the nimrods who work email support.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"
joebells

2005-10-17, 15:17

ah I see warranty extension should have known, thanks
Engine Joe
Going Strange...

2005-10-17, 15:42

Mine wasn't, as I already had the AppleCare. Don't be so sure.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-10-17, 15:43

I got my iBook (no AppleCare) in January, and I was never called.

Maybe because my logic board died a month after I got it.
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2005-10-17, 15:51

On a call regarding my Laptop, I had it already as well, and that's what she was heading towards, and I told her I already had AppleCare and she replied "good". So I guess she didn't know.
It wasn't the only aspect of the call and I'm sure they are looking for feedback aspects of the purchase, calling it a sales call may be to brusque, but I think an Applecare reminder is always going to be part of that call.
I've had three or four and they always been pleasant and once when I explained I would get it when my first year was nearly up, she (only once was it a guy) told me about how AppleCare was transferable to someone who bought my computer, which I did not know.
It's never been in any way high pressure. I think AppleCare is just one aspect of it.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"