MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.9 - Testifwhatthefuck
Page 5 of 10 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  Next Last Thread Tools
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-10-09, 17:44

I'd say hold off on it, then. Wait for Pre 4 or official 1.9.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-09, 21:47

If we're not really keeping this world then perhaps I should spend my time working on my dungeon-exploring skills and work through my sissy fear of the baddies. You think?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-09, 21:58

Explore! Explore! Explode!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-10-09, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Explore! Explore! Explode!
¡Damned!

2011-10-13, 09:20

There's a new skellie trap for loot grabbing over by Drew & I now - just off of the front of my slat house towards Drew's desert shelter.

It's very close to the surface and I've built out an entryway/path to the collection area.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-13, 18:11

1.9pre4 was released today, and it looks like we may be ripe for an update.

Lots of neat new additions, and the world-saving bug appears to have been squashed. I'll be testing SMP locally first, of course, and if there aren't any more major regressions and if the animal farming issues have been resolved, I may update the server tomorrow night or over the weekend.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2011-10-13, 18:29

Does that mean a new world, or can we hang with the current one still?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-13, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Does that mean a new world, or can we hang with the current one still?
Hangin' with the current world unless there are objections!

If we want to…
Spoiler (click to toggle):
visit The End, I'll see about spawning up some of the new resources to generate the new type of "air portal"...

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2011-10-13, 18:36

I'm all for sticking with this world. I'm getting a little burned out on projects evaporating due to notch's bullshit programming, but, that said, I know this world is another temp home, so whatever's best for everyone is OK by me.

Is there a reasonable chunk deleter for Pre1.9x? I'm guessing no since Mojang holds the source so closely until release.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-13, 20:18

All the chunk deletion was done by yours truly. I wrote the program that did the "aggressive" pruning that I proposed (but then abandoned), and I could easily adapt it to work with beta 1.9 pre X without Mojang's blessing or source.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-10-13, 21:24

I'm for upgrading and staying in the new world with special new items.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-13, 21:44

Well, until 1.0 officially drops.

I'd rather we have the world naturally generating these things and giving us the opportunity to find them instead of me (or turtle) just magically doling them out. I don't actually know, for example, if deleting chunks with strongholds will actually regenerate them with the new blocks.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-13, 22:18

Let's make up our OWN blocks an make thm mystry thins and call it Mycroft
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-10-13, 23:06

True, Brad. Hadn't thought of that (or much else today...my brain has been incredibly scattered).
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-15, 00:54

How the crap do you get trees to grow underground??
This is something that I suck at... and NOBODY came online to play tonight.

¡Damned!

2011-10-15, 15:05

I've built a community enchantment room underneath the lookout needle. 70-ish bookcases comprising the walls, ceiling and floor - so hopefully that'll give us some high-level skillz.

Once we update to Pre1.9v4 I'll craft and install the table.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-15, 16:07

Anybody wandering around there at night had best look out for creepers... they'll muggle you!!!

Thanks for helping me with trees, Grey

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-16, 00:13

So, it looks like we won't be updating the server with beta 1.9-pre-4 either. I've been testing it out, and the major chunk generating bug from pre-3 is still present. Random chunks are generated using the old "sky world" algorithm.

I did update the texture pack for beta 1.9-pre-4, though, for what little good that does.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-16, 01:44

It's like a shoebox diorama!!
Bruce can do Lincoln, I'm going to do a Steampunk Jimmy Carter.
Scratch that, I'm starting a band called The Steampunk Jimmy Carters.

Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-10-16, 13:59

Sorry, I have been working a bit recently. I wanted to come on and thank whomever took down my atrocity. I kept meaning to, but kept dying/getting frustrated because of the hunger bar.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-16, 14:52

Oh, also, the mobs are ridiculously beefier and unbalanced in the pre-4. A creeper bast from 3-4 blocks away is an insta-kill despite full health if you have no armor. GREAT.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-10-16, 15:11

yeah they should really be a little more than half (3/4) a life if unarmored, and slightly less than half (1/3) if armored...
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-10-16, 15:28

Quote:
Oh, also, the mobs are ridiculously beefier and unbalanced in the pre-4. A creeper bast from 3-4 blocks away is an insta-kill despite full health if you have no armor. GREAT.
This is actually what caused me to leave for so long. I had finally found diamonds in a cave. I had the entire thing lit with torches and was going to work my way back to the surface when I turned around to find a creeper had spawned out of no where and blew me up.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-17, 16:35

Where the FRAK is everybody? Sure, I'm home sick, recovering from gallbladder surgery, so I'm on all the time right now.... but where are you maroons??

Last edited by drewprops : 2011-10-17 at 16:59.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-17, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artap99 View Post
This is actually what caused me to leave for so long. I had finally found diamonds in a cave. I had the entire thing lit with torches and was going to work my way back to the surface when I turned around to find a creeper had spawned out of no where and blew me up.
I don't think the creepers got boosted in pre-2... so, just image how worse screwed you'd be with pre-4.

Also, yes swords are weaker now.

That said, if you need help getting "back to town" from spawn, you might want to take the portal that's in Fort Terrible. There's a path from there to another portal in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Where the FRAK is everybody? Sure, I'm home sick, recovering from gallbladder surgery, so I'm on all the time right now.... but where are you maroons??
I wasn't online at all over the weekend, and unfortunately I'm probably not likely to be much on this week either... IRL work has been burning way too many of my evening hours.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2011-10-17, 17:51

Work's been nuts, so I've not been on as much as I'd like recently, either.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-17, 18:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I've built a community enchantment room underneath the lookout needle. 70-ish bookcases comprising the walls, ceiling and floor - so hopefully that'll give us some high-level skillz.

Once we update to Pre1.9v4 I'll craft and install the table.
Have you seen this?

http://pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant/books.html

I haven't seen your new enchantment room, but you might want to take that analysis under advisement if yours doesn't match...

¡Damned!

2011-10-18, 09:45

Quote:
Have you seen this?

http://pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant/books.html

I haven't seen your new enchantment room, but you might want to take that analysis under advisement if yours doesn't match...
No, I didn't see that, but that's the exact layout of our enchantment room (with the addition of bookcase ceiling and floor). The ceiling/floor may be overkill, but whatever. It looks nice.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-10-18, 10:45

Niiiice. I gotta get back into the game soon!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-10-18, 19:46

I'm building a bridge out toward the desert, but it's looking kind of clunky. I have collected rails from a mine, which would be a good start toward building a track from town to the desert for glass collecting. it would have a smaller footprint than a bridge, but I don't have all the red wire stuff. Would such a track be valuable to us? I'd love for my house to be a station.

In other news, what's the best way to collect glowstone dust without being whammied by ghasts? I dug my way through a cliff for an hour to harvest 8 pieces of GS dust