Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AppleNova Minecraft Server
Page 47 of 49 First Previous 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49  Next Thread Tools
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2011-04-06, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Well, you *could* join us, kieran. We need more hosket on the server.
I've never played, and really, I don't have the time to devote to it. Work has me swamped right now.

Maybe in the summer...

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-06, 16:45

I just found my first actual iron ore on the AppleNova server. I haven't done a whole lot of mining in Minecraft

¡Damned!

2011-04-06, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
And the puck? Or are we just going to run around the rink, bashing each other with hoes?

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-06, 19:18

What is that? An apple? Can it be hitten with un sticken?

I'm excited about hosket!!

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-06, 19:20

It's a slimeball. They currently have no useful purpose...

¡Damned!

2011-04-06, 19:29

Bullshit. They are lovely green. They are shiny.

I covet them.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-06, 19:56

Is there a key anywhere that identifies players by their AN handles (with players permissions?) since many of us use different names on Minecraft?

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-04-06, 19:58

So... Check out spawn when you get a chance folks... I am going to back fill with sand and then add a small 2-3 tall hill of dirt/grass to provide some visual separation between spawn and bridgeport.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-06, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Is there a key anywhere that identifies players by their AN handles (with players permissions?) since many of us use different names on Minecraft?
I posted a full list a few pages ago, but to make it easier to find, I just copied the list on to the first post of this thread.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-04-06, 20:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Guys, thank you very much for chipping in on the processor. I really do appreciate the donations to it. billybobsky, 709 and Bryson have really made my night. Mrs T and I are very grateful for the support in getting the upgrade. Mostly because we all enjoy the game and I hate the idea of it not being able to handle our normal player load.

Again, Thank you very much.
I'm in as well. I'm holding off until I get on a more secure connection at home this weekend.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-07, 00:38

I'm building an ugly bridge right now, mostly to learn the techniques of building and to learn how to stay out on a construction site instead of running away every time it turns dusk.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-04-07, 01:35

I must have done something to piss Brad off... Even though the Gravelhaus and part of the Water Dong are present in the image, the ascriptions are not...

It's quite obvious where my efforts have been directed: if it involves devastation of the environment on a massive scale, that's me.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-07, 07:55

You operate in a very different way than many... your stuff isn't "pretty", it's "big thinking". While some are building recreations of real things you're building Ringworlds.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-07, 14:07

How to ask this delicately....?

Will what you build be a huge brutalist structure built for function, not form? ie: Mob trap/skyranch/mushroom crater?

Maybe not like that.

Will it be pretty? I think the aesthetic of the sign is important....think Hollywood sign.

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-04-07, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
How to ask this delicately....?

Will what you build be a huge brutalist structure built for function, not form? ie: Mob trap/skyranch/mushroom crater?

Maybe not like that.

Will it be pretty? I think the aesthetic of the sign is important....think Hollywood sign.
It will be gorgeous and not terribly tall...

I think I am owed some credit for the design of the communal exchange as well as various other structures here or there.

That I haven't yet built a house proper on the skyranch is only because I never intended it to be a flat plain of grass with a building in the middle. It is meant to be a slice of the earth, with hills, a pond and lake, and forests. It was conceived as an elitist above the scrum type of estate, the height and shadow a testament to the separation of the family which owns the Mushroom Mine and the people, living beneath, who work it. But perhaps this is too sophisticated for minecraft?

Let's put it another way: I needed a fuck ton of dirt to fill the top. I now have it. And work will continue...

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-07, 16:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
It will be gorgeous and not terribly tall...

I think I am owed some credit for the design of the communal exchange as well as various other structures here or there.

That I haven't yet built a house proper on the skyranch is only because I never intended it to be a flat plain of grass with a building in the middle. It is meant to be a slice of the earth, with hills, a pond and lake, and forests. It was conceived as an elitist above the scrum type of estate, the height and shadow a testament to the separation of the family which owns the Mushroom Mine and the people, living beneath, who work it. But perhaps this is too sophisticated for minecraft?

Let's put it another way: I needed a fuck ton of dirt to fill the top. I now have it. And work will continue...

Good good.... I just felt like I needed to ask. I'm not saying you don't make good-looking designs when you want to...just that sometimes you don't want to.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-07, 18:20

Quote:
I must have done something to piss Brad off... Even though the Gravelhaus and part of the Water Dong are present in the image, the ascriptions are not...

It's quite obvious where my efforts have been directed: if it involves devastation of the environment on a massive scale, that's me.
Sorry. I thought the cobble house was a temporary structure like the dirt mound west of it (also in the water), and the Water Dong was a bit of a team effort since I spent a ton of time cleaning/reshaping it and manicuring the land beneath it. I'll be sure to credit you when I label a larger version with the ecological disasters sky ranch, though!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-04-07, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
and the Water Dong was a bit of a team effort since I spent a ton of time cleaning/reshaping it and manicuring the land beneath it.
Absolutely. The lawn is well manicured and trimmed too.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2011-04-07, 19:00

Site of my Bridgeport contribution is outlined above to the north of the money bin and Brad's new mansion. Nothing too big, but distinct if I do it right.

Hopefully I can get the third level on the rink this weekend to devote some design time to the new project.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-07, 22:54

Friday, Friday, server goes down on Friday...

...whatever am I going to do?

I just want to thank everybody for being super cool and helpful and stuff. My first week in Applenovaland has been awsum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos View Post
I snagged box #8 and grey just took box #3. I figure we should save #1 for Brad and probably #2 for turtle as the server-God (and then Mrs. Turtle could take box #11 which is right across from #2) but other than that it's first come serve
Quote:
I took 2, #1 is still open.
I agree that we should save #1 for Brad (thanks again for the map d00d!) As for turtle, maybe he could take #10? It's an equally convenient location, since it's at the beginning of the hall and such, and then if Mrs. Turtle took #11 their boxes could be next to each other.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-08, 00:53

@Bryson (since this is a little complicated to try to explain via Minecraft mail):

I sort of like the idea of having there not be a big hill going down into my area, to be honest. What I'm making needs a sort of "walled garden" vibe, and that effect is kinda compromised if it doesn't have walls. I chose to build in the desert pit so people could see it all from a few squares up. (That's also why I wanted to build under the skybridge. ) However, if you need more space for your theater that is totally cool, just let me know how much space you need and I'll move my grid over.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-04-08, 01:06

I'm likely going to be sparse for a couple of days. Have a conference at which I'm speaking later today, and a wedding to attend out of town Sat/Sun. May hop on while out of town if I get a chance, but I have no clue on the quality of connection available in the hotel.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-08, 01:16

Rowdy, you still on? Do you know where the post office is on the map?

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-04-08, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Well aren't we important.

Knock 'em dead at the conference, and enjoy the wedding, but when you get back I will be expecting serious progress on the gay bar. I wasn't kidding about that secret passage.
Conference will be fun. Just about to head out to it. As for the gay bar, I've got the design for most of it set. I will need materials I don't currently have, however, so I'll have to be doing some hunting for specific wool colors/dye. Hopefully the bar will go up relatively quickly, as I don't really want to distract myself from Great Bear Lodge from too long, either.

Also, the upstairs was voted on to be called the Flaming Arrow. Downstairs will have Chaps, as well as another section yet to be named.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-04-08, 09:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
@Bryson (since this is a little complicated to try to explain via Minecraft mail):

I sort of like the idea of having there not be a big hill going down into my area, to be honest. What I'm making needs a sort of "walled garden" vibe, and that effect is kinda compromised if it doesn't have walls. I chose to build in the desert pit so people could see it all from a few squares up. (That's also why I wanted to build under the skybridge. ) However, if you need more space for your theater that is totally cool, just let me know how much space you need and I'll move my grid over.
Aha. All good then. I don't need any more space - just that the exterior wall will be right on that edge and I feel bad about towering over your project. But if that's what you're going for...

billybobsky
BANNED

2011-04-08, 09:47

I went ahead and removed the trees on the hill to the west of the AN sign to simplify construction. Most will be replanted and torched when the building I am putting there is done...

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-08, 10:48

Who built the Gerkin? It's beautiful, and a great landmark near enough to my home base to provide a great landmark!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-08, 12:05

Quote:
Who built the Gerkin? It's beautiful, and a great landmark near enough to my home base to provide a great landmark!
That's Grey's latest project.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-04-08, 12:09

Gorgeous.
My cruddy cobblestone bridge/walkway is like poop in comparison (beginner that I am). Very inspirational design.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-08, 12:30

Quote:
Gorgeous.
My cruddy cobblestone bridge/walkway is like poop in comparison (beginner that I am).
Don't feel bad, Drew. After all, everybody poops.