Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Cyber Monday 2007

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Cyber Monday 2007
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-11-25, 03:39

Okay, here's this year's CM thread.... anybody got a line on really good deals? Is Cyber Monday really shaping into a trend that's observed by online retailers? I expect NewEgg to refer to their Monday newsletter special as a "Cyber Monday" deal... but not sure about other places, like Dell.com and such...

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-11-26, 02:55

Best Buy has some "Cyber Monday" deals, too.

I love the phrase "Cyber Monday." It reminds me of a time when people still used "cyber-" as a prefix, instead of "i-", to refer to things on the "Information Superhighway."

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-11-26, 08:17

Totally!! Cyber was the catchphrase of the millenium there for about two years.... whoo!! Hmmm, Apple ought to have one that they call iMonday...
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-11-26, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Okay, here's this year's CM thread.... anybody got a line on really good deals? Is Cyber Monday really shaping into a trend that's observed by online retailers? I expect NewEgg to refer to their Monday newsletter special as a "Cyber Monday" deal... but not sure about other places, like Dell.com and such...
NewEgg has some good stuff in their newsletter this week, but they've also got some deals on their Web site, so keep your eyes peeled there.

Personally, I'm on the lookout for a decent USB WiFi adapter for my desktop. I found one for $10 on NewEgg (after rebate), but I'd rather buy a brand I'm familiar with if I can find a good deal.

[edit] I just noticed Best Buy has all its iPods on sale. They're not huge discounts (the biggest one is $20 off a 16 GB touch), but at least it's something.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-11-26, 08:35

WANNA CYBER A/S/L ROFL?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Hmmm, Apple ought to have one that they call iMonday...
eMonday anyone? Where's States when you need him?
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2007-11-26, 09:31

So what's gonna happen tomorrow? Tuesday 2.0?
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2007-11-26, 18:16

It's only a matter of time before someone attaches the "extreme" word to this.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-11-26, 19:18

It could really stand to have some pastel colors, gradients, bevels, strokes, lens flares, a starburst, and shadows, but this is the best I can do on a Photoshop-less machine.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2007-11-26, 19:20

Now you have the idea! Quite frankly I as a consumer am bored by anything that isn't "extreme" or in at least version 2.3.4
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-11-26, 23:32

I'm probably the only one who finds this humorous, but what the hell...

SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2007-11-26, 23:37

I now only by products that either have the word extreme in the title or at least somewhere on the packaging, except for snack foods, those must have Rachel Ray's photo on them. Yummo!

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2007-11-26, 23:38

I'm laughing right along with you Brad. This whole thing where something can't be good unless it's "extreme" or "e" or "new and improved!!!11!!!" is just asinine. I just want it to stop so we can go back to the day where not everything is extreme. The word lost all meaning when I saw it on a laundry detergent.

Come waste your time with me
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-11-26, 23:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKMDC View Post
I now only by products that either have the word extreme in the title or at least somewhere on the packaging, except for snack foods, those must have Rachel Ray's photo on them. Yummo!
LOL NEEDS A LITTLE E.V.O.O.O.O.O.O.!!1

YUMMO.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2007-11-26, 23:50

If I see or hear from Rachel Ray one more time I may actually vomit. How did I miss the part where she became a sudo pop-culture icon? It's really irritating because she is neither attractive or entertaining. Furthermore, she's really hard to listen to for more than 12 seconds at a time without suddenly feeling the urge to suicide bomb your local Dunkin' Donuts in hopes that she might be there sucking down her 22nd gallon of coffee that day.

I was at Kohls last week looking for a knife set that was on sale and her name and or face were on approximately 2/3rds of the products in the store. I actually contemplated burning the place to the ground.

I've had enough of her.

Come waste your time with me
Banana
is the next Chiquita

2007-11-27, 00:01

Tangentially, does anybody else think that 'beta' now has same significance as adding 'extreme' to a product?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-11-27, 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026 View Post
I've had enough of her.
You've had enough of her and I have never heard of her. So off to Google I went. This must be why so many Americans like her:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by Brad : 2007-11-27 at 00:12. Reason: edit to fix broken hotlinking
SKMDC

2007-11-27, 00:14

I can't swear to it but I think RR is always drunk.
Food Networks cleavage queen is Giada De Larentis.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2007-11-27, 00:23

I'd hit it.

Giada, not RR.

Giada is hot as hell.
SKMDC

2007-11-27, 00:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBand0026 View Post
I'd hit it.

Giada, not RR.

Giada is hot as hell.
Giada De Laurentiis (spelled right this time) done got hit at the age of 45 she's having her first baby.