Wii games....which do you have, which do you like etc

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Wii games....which do you have, which do you like etc
Page 5 of 12 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  Next Last Thread Tools
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2007-02-23, 10:31

well down under just got LOZ-OoT...so we should be getting that on VC soon...which is great, as i've never played it

as for new wii games....looking forward to:

getting my daughter SSX blur as she is a knuckle dragging boarder
getting Tiger Woods for me...never thought i would like golfing games on the boob tube, but wii sports golf got me addicted

spider man could be fun
gozilla could be fun

i am just now fighting ganon in ALTTP, so i should end that game this weekend....so OoT is coming at just the right time for me to get into another zelda game

g

ps...nintendo would be stupid not to do wii sports 2

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough

Last edited by thegelding : 2007-02-23 at 10:31. Reason: Posts merged
blakbyrd

Send a message via AIM to blakbyrd  
2007-02-23, 14:44

Anyone having problems with their WiiMote suddenly not working, or the sensor not working, then working, then not?
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2007-02-23, 18:29

Yes, when the batteries run out. If the batteries are charged, sounds like a "call Nintendo" problem

I got Excite Truck yesterday (the PAL version was only released the day before), it rocks! I like it a lot more than the other "fun" game I have, Rayman.

The sky was deep black; Jesus still loved me. I started down the alley, wailing in a ragged bass.
thegelding
feeling my oats

2007-02-23, 18:40

yeah, excite truck gots lots of play at my house...wii sports gets the most, then i played zelda alot, but excite truck is probably ahead of zelda as my daughter played it alot, me some, guests some....i was the only one to play zelda...

g

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-02-23, 19:43

Hey gelding, check it out:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/23/oc...e-this-monday/

You're getting OoT this Monday!
blakbyrd

2007-02-23, 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto View Post
Yes, when the batteries run out. If the batteries are charged, sounds like a "call Nintendo" problem
Thanks. I was thinking of calling Monday. I think my infrared bar is messed up.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2007-02-26, 17:43

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the single best video game ever created. Period, end of story.

If you have a Wii you owe it to yourself to go download it right now this instant. I downloaded last night right as it came available and I very nearly skipped my morning classes.

Go get it. Now.

Are you still reading this???

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-02-26, 17:46

Go ahead torifile, ask Kraetos how he really feels.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-02-26, 17:54

I have never played Ocarina and am looking forward to it if I ever finish FFXII... this game takes forever!
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-02-27, 23:55

OMG, picked up WiiPlay and for $10 (plus the remote for $40) it's an awesome game.
thegelding
feeling my oats

2007-02-28, 00:05

yeah, great deal for 10 bucks...if you need a remote, get wii play....that said, remember it isn't a 50 dollar game, it is a 40 dollar remote and 10 dollar game.

people thinking it is a full game will be dissappointed, but it is a fun little diversion and a welcome addition in our home for family fun

g

getting ssx blur tomorrow for my knuckle dragging boarder daughter

doublem9876

Send a message via AIM to doublem9876  
2007-02-28, 00:35

My brother got Sonic today, and I must say that at first, I thought the multiplayer minigames sucked. However, once we really got into them, we realized that they were so incredibly stupid that they were really fun. We kept on saying, "Okay, just one more." I think we reached round 25. Anyway, the multiplayer Sonic really just wants to be Mario Party 8 1/2.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2007-03-26, 09:53

I've been playing a lot of Mario 64 on the VC lately. I don't remember this game being so freaking hard. I keep dying on the stupid sand course. It took me way too long to remember how to get to the ghost course. And I still haven't gotten past 40 starts. I'm never going to finish this thing.

Great game.
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-03-26, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan View Post
I've been playing a lot of Mario 64 on the VC lately. I don't remember this game being so freaking hard. I keep dying on the stupid sand course. It took me way too long to remember how to get to the ghost course. And I still haven't gotten past 40 starts. I'm never going to finish this thing.

Great game.
I'm having a similar experience with that on the DS. I haven't gotten as far as you have, though, and I've grown somewhat tired of it. I've had it since October, and I haven't been interested enough to get either of my game files past 35 stars.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2007-04-05, 22:48

Sometimes timing is everything.

Walked into an EB Games tonight on a lark, and asked "Have any Wiis?" just to hear them laugh at me. Again.

Clerk: "No, we don't."
Me: "I figured."
Guy in Back: "Yes we do!"
C: "What? No we don't!"
GiB: "Yeah, we've got 10 in the stockroom." (to me) "You want one?"
M: "Yeah!"
C: "I thought those weren't authorized for sale until tomorrow??"
GiB: "They're in my stockroom, he wants one, we sell it."
C: (to me) "We *just* got them in like an hour ago."
GiB: "One, right? Two? You want two?"
M: "Actually, yeah, I need one for me, and one for my brother."
GiB: "Alright! Two it is!"
C: "What?!? There's a limit of one per customer!"
GiB: "I'm district manager, I'm authorizing it."
C: (to me) "Wow. You really lucked out."
M: "I guess so - that leaves you what, 8?"
C: "Ha. 7 are spoken for. The last one will be gone by 10am, you watch."
GiB: "How long you been looking for one?"
M: "Since early December."
GiB: "*laughs* Yeah, we can't keep them in. Anything else? Extended Warrantee?"
M: "Uh, no, thanks."
GiB: "Extra controllers?"
C: "Now those I *KNOW* we're out of!"
*laughter*

Not one, but *two* Wii units.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go play with my new toy.
macleod
Now in lower-caseā„¢!

2007-04-05, 23:02

Wow you did get very lucky. It is great when people are nice like that. Congrats Kick!
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2007-04-06, 10:34

If anyone happens to pick up Super Paper Mario next week I'd love to hear what people think of it. I'm awfully tempted to buy it.
BenP

2007-04-06, 12:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan View Post
If anyone happens to pick up Super Paper Mario next week I'd love to hear what people think of it. I'm awfully tempted to buy it.
I'm getting it on Monday. Trading in POS WarioWare.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-04-06, 23:01

Pretty much every time I'm in one of the big box retailers, I take a walk past the video games section just to see if they have any Wiis in stock just out of curiosity. I find it funny that the Wii is pretty much kicking the PS3s ass in sales, and though I haven't seen figures, I'm pretty sure it's got to be well ahead of where the 360 was at this stage in it's life.

That's kinda neat given the fact that I think most people seemed to have written it off before it ever came out.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-04-10, 18:15

I just picked up Cooking Mama for my wife and Wii Play for the remote. Oh, I also just bought Super Paper Mario. I haven't played it yet, but I will soon.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-04-11, 16:32

Let me know how the Cooking Mama is when you find out.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-04-11, 21:29

I got my wife Super Paper Mario (just released Monday) for her birthday tomorrow, but I couldn't wait and I let her open this one early. She's loving it. There's a lot of text during cutscenes and the like in this little adventure game, but the humor contained therein is very good and continually gets genuine laughts and chuckles out of us.

Of course, the "omg that's so cute!" factor helps too.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
blakbyrd

2007-04-12, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy View Post
What is Cooking Mama?
zsummers
Avast!

2007-04-12, 11:20

My brothers rule. They are both pretty avid gamers (xBox 360s, PSPs, PS 3s), and both wanted a Wii (as did their significant others, who hate their gaming but think the Wii looks cool). I'm not much of a gamer (N64 was my last system), but have been raving about how much I want the Wii.

I went down to Virginia for their birthdays (one month before mine). After I gave them their presents, they decided to give me my present early, and lo & behold, it was the one Wii they had found, after tracking it since it came out.

Selfless bastards.... I have good brothers, and now my arms are sore from boxing.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-04-12, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakbyrd View Post
What is Cooking Mama?
It's a head to head game where you try to out cook your opponent, or the computer. You have a recipe to follow, and you use the Wii-mote like a bunch of different cooking utensils to create the dish. How well you use the various tools, as well as things like timing, make a difference in how well your food turns out.

I'm not sure if my wife would find it entertaining enough, but I think my daughter would like it. I'd just be interested in hearing some first person thoughts on how it is before I throw down $50 for it.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!
blakbyrd

2007-04-12, 19:18

^ Heh. Interesting.
rasmits
rams it

2007-04-25, 10:26

I finally got one. There was one in stock at Best Buy, so I raced over and picked it up along with Super Paper Mario and an extra controller.

Now it's sitting right next to my PS3.

First impression: The Wii graphics are better than I thought, not excellent, but noticably better than the GC. Already I can tell that the Wii is great for quick, easy games. But for adventure games / racing the PS3 is probably going to remain my favorite.

Anyway, when are SSB and MK going to come out for Wii? I need mo games!

You had me at asl
aranhamo

2007-04-25, 10:41

Quote:
Pretty much every time I'm in one of the big box retailers, I take a walk past the video games section just to see if they have any Wiis in stock just out of curiosity. I find it funny that the Wii is pretty much kicking the PS3s ass in sales, and though I haven't seen figures, I'm pretty sure it's got to be well ahead of where the 360 was at this stage in it's life.

That's kinda neat given the fact that I think most people seemed to have written it off before it ever came out.
I do that too, but I have yet to ever see a Wii in stock. I waited in line in mid-February for mine; the store got 70 in that day and sold them all in less than two hours.

I get kind of irritated with the shelf-space allocated to the Wii. They say it's the best-selling console ever, and I read the other day that it's expected to pass the 360 in total sales by the end of June, despite the 360 having about a year head start. Nevertheless, I was at my local Wal-Mart yesterday, and the PS3 had an entire display case devoted to it, maybe 20 feet across and 8 or 9 feet high. The 360 had one maybe 3/4 that size, and then the Wii had this miserable little section with only like 15 games in it. By my count, the Wii currently has 47 games available. From the in-store displays, it looks like the PS3 and 360 are far more popular than the Wii, and the yet the Wii is selling far more units and they still can't keep them in stock. Meanwhile, Wal-Mart yesterday had both 360s and PS3s in stock. I understand that Sony and Microsoft are probably paying for the extra shelf space, and that that's common practice, but still you would think that Wal-Mart would want to give space to what sells.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-04-25, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranhamo View Post
I understand that Sony and Microsoft are probably paying for the extra shelf space, and that that's common practice, but still you would think that Wal-Mart would want to give space to what sells.
Although one could make an argument that it's not worth setting space aside for something you can't keep in stock. Maybe when they can finally start keeping a handful on hand, they will give it the requisite space. Who knows.

I seem to be able to find games fairly easy - both Target and Wal Mart have a decent selection around here. And I now see a steady supply of controllers, nunchuks and wii points. I was hoping the consoles would start to show up more regularly by now. My sister is getting married in May, and she and her fiance' would like one.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-04-25, 11:22

Quote:
It's only ok. It's a fun quick game to play but it's lacking in feedback. With the vibration in the controller, there's no reason not to give tactile feedback when you're doing some of the actions. It just feels "detached" or something. That's the best way to describe it. I'd pick it up for $20 but not regular price.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.