User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Tekkit! The future of AN MC?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: Should we use Tekkit?
No, I'd rather we stay on regular Minecraft. 4 33.33%
Yes, let's try Tekkit for a while. 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

MC: Tekkit! The future of AN MC?
Page 5 of 5 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5]  Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-11-01, 23:15

I found a pretty big Mooshu island at +4129 +305!!!!

Finally: I am a discoverer.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-11-30, 20:13

Time for a world reboot.

The current world seems to have gone pretty stale. There's not much activity, we all kinda overloaded on the "new" stuff early on, and I'm thinking we're due for a fresh start. It'd be nice if we could even have some group activities like helping each other out with industrial stuff or farming or something.

What say we about starting a fresh world tomorrow?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2012-11-30, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Time for a world reboot.

The current world seems to have gone pretty stale. There's not much activity, we all kinda overloaded on the "new" stuff early on, and I'm thinking we're due for a fresh start. It'd be nice if we could even have some group activities like helping each other out with industrial stuff or farming or something.

I just didn't simply have the time for a while to go over a lot of the new stuff and haven't been on much as a result.

Tomorrow and the next two weeks are shot as well. But feel free if the sentiment is there.

Should I be taking coordinates on my loot for transfer or do we have a functioning world warp yet?

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
¡Damned!

2012-11-30, 20:33

Quote:
Time for a world reboot.

Noooooooo!! I think we've just all been busy, and activity usually picks up in the winter-time anyways.

gerlocian and I were just talking in-game about removing all/most of the collectors and creating a new city with more community based projects. I suggested somewhere between old spawn and the large desert I'm at building the Creeper Kingdom. Here's a map:

Kingdom is in the desert top left, current city is where the Spawn icon is. We could create a new city in the large snow area? That could be fun.

I was really looking forward to a rail system eventually between the two.

I don't know if I'll go another round of leaving everything behind, but if that's what you guys think is best, go for it.

So it goes.
gerlocian

2012-11-30, 21:00

Actually if we don't want to wipe the world again, I found a nice spot that I wouldn't mind setting up a village community with a few other people. I'd like to make a town type of area, with a working power station, train station and small homes. Want to get a couple volunteers or people to work with me to plan out and build the town.

On Grey's map, it's the green part just to the left of the small snow area in the middle of the map.
¡Damned!

2012-11-30, 21:31

Apologies for the night shot, but it's all I had in the backup files:

It's a great spot. We could all have sunset-looking houses ala Loch Greene if we built on the lower edge, plus, there's snow nearby for anyone who wants to set up camp there.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-11-30, 21:46

I have to say that I did look through the logs and we have all been absent a fair bit. Lenny is being very underutilized to say the least. I figured people are busy with the Thanksgiving/Christmas season on us and all the other things that do happen during that time.

Personally, I'm just not really a fan of Tekkit. I actually liked the Bukkit version better for a number of reasons. Things like the overhead maps and such. It's also a lower resource use for the client.

However, I'm open for it no matter what direction we go. If it were me and my house, not the AN server, I would start over with bukkit and basic current MC.

Since I also haven't been playing much due to all that has been going on in my life and with my family lately I'm not pushing my vote one way or the other. If I played more often I would feel like I had a voice, but I don't really right now.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2012-11-30, 22:56

I like the tekkit thing a lot, honestly. Not so much for the machinery, but for the plethora of new blocks. I can finally make ruby, sapphire, etc. Plus, copper, steel, dark matter... it's just great fun. Add to that the mini blocks and I'm just thrilled. I love the mini blocks.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-12-01, 00:21

Excellent! I was hoping that if I stirred the pot a few of you guys would bubble to the surface.

Okay, world termination is on hold. I like the idea of ceremonially TNTing the collectors and settling into a new area of the existing map. I just want to be sure that the area onto which we settle hasn't already been stripped of resources underground. A very large area around the original spawn is spent, thanks largely to those (awesome) divining rods. That area by your desert, 709: have you been mining up there or just leveling the area to build Creepertown, USA? If the latter, then it does seem a decent place to restart.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-12-01, 04:59

I really wish I had more time to get on right now. The schedule, simply put, has been atrocious. Miss you guys, and MC.
¡Damned!

2012-12-01, 08:08

Quote:
That area by your desert, 709: have you been mining up there or just leveling the area to build Creepertown, USA? If the latter, then it does seem a decent place to restart.
I've only been mining below the desert area, so the areas around should be pretty untouched.
gerlocian

2012-12-01, 08:35

That spot we found above still has resources. I haven't been mining there at all (in fact I haven't built anything either until I know who's coming). Looking around, I don't see any mines or tunnels into the area.

As far as killing the collectors, I would say we leave the ones we have alone, but restrict their use in the new area. Of course I leave that decision to you guys.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-12-01, 12:18

I was just realizing how much I miss playing mc with you all... this whole england thing has sucked monkey balls.
arteggio

2012-12-01, 14:51

I've been having MC urges for a couple weeks now, but just too busy at the moment.

Cue semester end in 2 weeks!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-12-01, 18:33

I'll be back online later tonight. I'm looking forward to breaking ground on that new town new Creeperville.
gerlocian

2012-12-01, 19:02

I'll be on at 8pm est to help you brad. Spending time with Zoe right now.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-12-02, 00:36

I had a Christmas party for my job so I wasn't able to get on. Would someone post the coordinates for the new "Town Centre"?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-12-02, 04:00

Brad, please get Dellphi unstuck. He went on a strange adventure and needs to be reset.... you guys are going to need him!!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-12-06, 23:41

I love the ridiculous things you can do with Tekkit. When I was without internet a couple of days ago, I made this energy-waster in SSP just for fun. What you can't see is the stupid speed at which the items are moving along in this infinite cycle. I even timed it so nothing spills out!

arteggio

2012-12-13, 21:49

I was about to craft some double-insualted gold cables when . . . my whole inventory disappeared. Spec came on a second later and said it had happened to another player before? There are a few reports of it with tekkit online.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-12-13, 21:59

Yeah, that happened to me once. I think it was a bug with one of the plugins that Brad later disabled...?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-12-16, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
I was about to craft some double-insualted gold cables when . . . my whole inventory disappeared. Spec came on a second later and said it had happened to another player before? There are a few reports of it with tekkit online.
It happened to Bryson a couple of times, but otherwise I haven't seen it. I don't recall doing anything that changed or fixed this, though I suspected that it had something to do with the NEI (Not Enough Items) inventory mod.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-12-16, 15:26

I have been having an issue lately where my achievements reset. Not that I care about my achievements, but it does show there is a bug somewhere.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-12-16, 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I have been having an issue lately where my achievements reset. Not that I care about my achievements, but it does show there is a bug somewhere.
Same here, a lot. Maintaining settings overall seems to be a problem with Tekkit (or the Technic Launcher), as sometimes my volume or graphics settings get reset to default.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-12-17, 11:07

I've had the cheevos issue, but nothing else has reset on mine yet *punches tree*
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2012-12-23, 11:44

so um.... i went into the nether and now am stuck in a death loop because the nether spawn drops you into lava.... right this is fun.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-12-23, 12:23

BB, I don't see your post now, but I saw an email notification for it. I killed your user profile so you will spawn at your spawn point. If you want me to restore your profile before I killed it, I have a backup of it just in case. Let me or Brad know and we can restore it for you.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2012-12-23, 15:19

I had that happen to me from the spawn portal too. Lost all my loot and was stuck. Teh suck.

I'm heartened by the idea that bobsky has internets now. Tekkit was made for his like.

So it goes.