User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Need help with Sound on EyeTV 200.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Need help with Sound on EyeTV 200.
subqualified

2005-03-12, 14:09

I have an EyeTV 200 problem I need help with (no sound on live TV picture). I have a Power Mac G4 dual 800 running 10.3.8 (7U16). I'm using EyeTV 1.7.2b9. I have Sound Sticks hooked up - working fine. The problem is that I cannot get any sound from the EyeTV 200, none at all. This is the second unit I've tried - returned the first one due to no sound - looks like it may be my Mac or software. I can get sound if I open a quicktime movie, but no sound from the TV tuner.

I've checked Sound prefs, and all is well. Sound Sticks work great with iTunes etc.. Disconnected the Sound Sticks and tried to get sound from the installed speaker to no avail. I've zapped Pram, and repaired permissions - no change.

The EyeTV is connected directly to my Mac via Firewire (also use a powered hub) and to coaxial cable TV feed. A TV using the same input works fine - including sound.

Have checked the Audio Midi set up. Seems to be fine too.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas I can try.

I may take the EyeTV down to my local Apple store and see if they will let me hook it up to a G4, load the software and see if I can get sound from the unit. But I'd rather see if I can't fix it first. Thanks in advance.

Subqualified
subqualified

2005-03-12, 21:52

Went by the Apple store tonight. Hooked up the EyeTV 200 to a G4 eMac with a firewire cable and a pair of rabbit ears. One of the Genius techs helped me out. Loaded the EyeTV software (1.7) and hooked up the unit via Firewire. Auto tune went fine - got about 8 channels or so. Cranked up the sound all the way on the EyeTV onscreen control - tuned in a soccer game - NO SOUND (highly unlikely). I explained to the tech that this was the second unit - first one did the same thing (no sound) - and I wanted to see if it was my G4. Looks like this unit is going back too. I wish it would have worked! Video looked good. If anyone else has similar problems with EyeTV's live TV Picture sound, please post the issues you have so others can learn. Thanks.