User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Timbuk2 makes me angry!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Timbuk2 makes me angry!
psycho-

2006-02-22, 14:12

Hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

In anticipation for a new macbook pro that I ordered from amazon.com, I ordered a timbuk2 laptop sleeve bag from the timbuk2 website.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/retail/ca...?categoryId=21

The product arrives damaged! More specifically, the nylon handles are frayed from the factory.

I email timbuk2 about a replacement since out of the box the product was damaged. This is the response I get:

Quote:
Hi Victor,

Thank you for contacting Timbuk2!

We apologize for the defect in your bag. We do not do repairs to bags in our SF factory. If you want the same bag your best bet is a local tailor. Your bag is covered under our warranty. If you want to take advantage of it, please fill out our warranty form linked below, print and mail it with your bag to the address provided.
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/cms/warranty.htm

It takes us 7-10 business days to process your warranty. Once we receive and evaluate it we will issue you a gift certificate for the replacement value of your bag and you can use it to purchase a new bag online. Unfortunately, as per our policy detailed in the link above, you are responsible for any and all shipping charges. Our apologies.

We at Timbuk2 appreciate your support!

Sincerely,
Aldo Rodriguez
Customer Service
Timbuk2, Inc.
www.timbuk2.com
Is it unreasonable to ask timbuk2 to pay for shipping back and forth for this because of their poor QC?

Also, I've owned many timbuk2 bags in the past, and this is by far one of the poorest showings I've seen from them. They have really gone downhill.

I'm sad, I'm going to go sulk because they're being a PITA.

Also makes me wish I kept my incase sleeve
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2006-02-22, 14:17

that is ridiculous...they should send you one and a box to send yours back in...prepaid! I would complain like crazy because that is ridiculous! if you ordered it from amazon you might want to talk to them first....their policy for returns might be a little better...like they might not make you pay seeing as they shipped a damaged good!
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2006-02-22, 14:22

also did some research on amazon.com cause this frustrated me and found.....
"The return mailing labels obtained from our online Returns Center are valid only for returns shipped within the U.S.

Each return mailing label is coded for a specific shipment. Please do not include items from other orders, or other shipments from the same order, in the same box, or you will not receive the correct refund. Each shipment must be returned using a separate mailing label.

If you use this mailing label and the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.), we'll pay the return shipping costs. "
i would say to contact them because it sounds like they are willing to pay shipping for defective products! hope this helps.
psycho-

2006-02-22, 15:53

Thanks for the response macleod. I actually ordered the timbuk2 bag from timbuk2 themselves. Amazon.com hasn't shipped the macbook pros just yet.
psycho-

2006-02-22, 16:07

Well, they vindicated themselves. They're 2nd day shipping a new bag and emailing me a prepaid return label. I'm happy again.
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2006-02-22, 20:53

Good deal! And sorry about the confusion. I thought the bag was from amazon not the MBP!