Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Netflix Drops Email Contacts

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Netflix Drops Email Contacts
drewprops
Space Pirate

2008-12-31, 02:11

I experienced one of the Netfix "hiccups" this week and wanted to email them to point out a significant spelping error on their site, only to discover that you CAN'T EMAIL THEM.

First off, here's the article I wrote about the problem I experienced..... "Yu-Gi-Oh versus Netflix? Message Reveived!"

Now, if I hadn't realized that Netflix had dropped their email contact in favor of a "beefed up" phone line, have YOU??

I have to say that it smacks of GENIUS in this new age where people don't really talk to each other on the phone. In the 13 years (or so) of "popular" internet usage our tendencies have flipped.

The novelty of email is gone, it's an absolutely "necessary" tool in today's world, and all of the young people coming along are probably less likely to want to talk to a real live person... a perfect way of scaring away a significant percentage of potential callers.

Genius.

But how am I supposed to let Netflix know about the error with their website (as mentioned in my article)??

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2008-12-31, 04:20

Ugh, I hate talking to people on the phone. People I don't know, I mean. And especially, like, automated, customer-support-style people. I will honestly usually just not bother to call about whatever it is that is bothering me. It's normally just easier than forcing myself to call.

I'm just a shy person, and I have a lighter, quieter voice, so I just hate the whole ordeal.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
spotcatbug
Veteran Member

2008-12-31, 08:00

Plus, to call them to tell them about a typo on their website seems weird, whereas, a short email about a typo seems perfectly fine.
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2008-12-31, 14:15

Perhaps, due to the amount of spam floating round, they have decided to ditch email and replace it with an internal ticketing system. They have plenty of forms on the website which could be front ends to such a system - or they could just be emailer forms...

Anyway, I guess the website falls under Public Relations: http://www.netflix.com/ContactPR, send your comment / typos to them.

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!