Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Another friend passed away

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Another friend passed away
Phoenix
formerly "trav"

2007-03-04, 18:53

Make sure you don't make friends with me if you work with me. I found out this morning that a friend of mine passed away on Saturday. I was told her brain hemorrhaged. I'm not really sure about anything else about it, but I'm sure i'll get more information soon.

It was almost the exact same time last year my boss got cancer and died. I'm really not sure how to handle things right now. I'm a bit freaked out about it all.

I was meant to go out on Friday night with her, but i ended up going to see my brother who i hadn't seen in ages. I told her i'd catch up this weekend and go out. We have been flirting for the past few weeks and i felt pretty comfortable around her. It's really strange to me that i was meant to be out with her the night she died. I'm a bit freaked out.

Probably the worst parts of the whole thing was, her brother has been suffering from Bowel cancer, and was in a really bad way. Everyone knew he probably wouldn't make it. He was told about Jen and he died that day. It's really awful. Jen had a kid, who i think was about 9 or 10, and was divorced. Her parents are still alive, so i don't know how they would be coping with this last weekend.

I guess i don't really know why I'm putting this all here, but i know last year i came here to get help and it was great to get support so I'm trying it again. I'm a bit freaked out by the whole thing to be honest.
Jerman

2007-03-04, 18:57

I don't know what else to say besides I will be keeping you as well has her family in my prayers.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-03-04, 18:58

That's pretty sad. Sorry to hear this.

Those things do indeed seem to come in strange little clusters, don't they?

On three separate occasions in my life, I've had people around me die 2-3 at a time within a very short period. It zaps you right in the heart and really messed with my head a bit. Makes you think about things a bit longer and deeper than normal. Me, anyway. I'd like to not set foot in a funeral home again for a long, long time...

Sorry for your loss.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-03-04, 19:28

Sorry to hear your bad news. Just remember you have friends here you can turn to. it's at times like these we need our friends and a sympathetic ear the most. My thoughts are with you and her family.

I used to be undecided.....But now I'm not so sure.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-03-04, 19:48

Man, what terrible luck for her family to have lost two people in such close proximity like that. And for her friends as well; I'm sorry for your loss.

I know you're freaked out, but try not to read into things. It's just very bad, coincidental luck that you lost someone a year later and that you were supposed to go out with her that night as well. Grieve as you must but don't go down that road of saying "maybe if I had been with her that day it would've turned out different because x,y,z". Odds are good it wouldn't have mattered who was with her, when or where.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2007-03-04, 22:42

Trav - I'm really sorry for your loss ... and for the parents - to lose two children on the one day would be devastating. I can't even begin to imagine the sense of heartache they must be feeling.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and that family as well.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-03-05, 00:50

What a staggering blow for her family... and here you are wanting to get to know her better, thinking of the possibility of a future.... then it's all gone. You almost don't have time to mourn your own loss when considering their parents' greater loss.... so sorry, can't imagine what that must be like.... just can't. My thoughts and prayers as well, for you all.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Phoenix
formerly "trav"

2007-03-05, 01:17

I just can't imagine how her family are going. She was a very big personality at work. There is about 1000 people there and i doubt one of them wouldn't have known her. She had a great personality and was just a really nice person. She was the person who helped me fit in around work.

It's just incredible to me that she's gone. I don't know how to explain it properly, but i just keep thinking that it's a joke or something.

On Thursday i filmed a story with her about her workplace and the people who work there. I had a short look at the interview of her and the story and i freaked out. She was such a nice person. I don't think i could ever edit that story. I thought that her family might like some of the footage i have of her. I have a fair bit of it, because she did most of my interviews and news reading. I don't know her family really at all, so maybe i should try and contact them about it some time. Is that something they might want do you think? Or should i just leave it?

Thanks for the support everyone. It's really uplifting coming back and reading things. I guess sometimes i want to know that everyone goes through things like this, and everyone is supportive. Thanks