Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Inaugural iPod thread.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Inaugural iPod thread.
Matsu
Veteran Member

2004-05-16, 08:42

How many hours of listening do you do in one week?
Akumulator

2004-05-16, 11:16

Sadly I'm been neglecting my iPod lately. I say zero hours the last month or so. I only really listen to it through my car stereo and haven't felt like taking it with me lately. But, I let my girlfriend use it everyday while she runs on the treadmill.... so it's getting some use.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-05-16, 11:24

i actually listen all the time, i have mine hooked up to my car. pretty much every minute of driving is either NPR or iPod. good system though, i get a whole lot of use out of that little bugger.
Akumulator

2004-05-16, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
i actually listen all the time, i have mine hooked up to my car.
Do you use a cassette adapter or an FM transmitter? I have the cassette and I'm not too happy with it... which may be part of the reason I don't use it much.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-05-16, 11:34

actually i bought a deck that had an audio in jack for a cd changer. they sell a little deal that will convert that input to an AUX in via RCA cables. so i have an 1/8th out to RCA conversion, all directly wired. sounds pretty good, there's not too much mess, i'm happy with it.
HoTT RoDeR

Send a message via AIM to HoTT RoDeR  
2004-05-16, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
actually i bought a deck that had an audio in jack for a cd changer. they sell a little deal that will convert that input to an AUX in via RCA cables. so i have an 1/8th out to RCA conversion, all directly wired. sounds pretty good, there's not too much mess, i'm happy with it.
That sounds like something I would like. I don't have an iPod but I am going to be getting one. I wanted a mini but then they were all gone not to mention the problems people were reporting. Now with the rumors of new ones I'm not sure wether I want the mini or the normal iPod. Any personal opinions from actually owning the 2 not just playing with them in the stores?

"Experience is the worst teacher in life. It gives the test before presenting the lesson."
HOM
The Elder™

2004-05-16, 12:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumulator
Do you use a cassette adapter or an FM transmitter? I have the cassette and I'm not too happy with it... which may be part of the reason I don't use it much.
I've got a sony cassette adapter and it works great for me. I've found that FM broadcasters are all but useless in big cities because every inch of spectrum has a station broadcasting on it. Also I hated having to tune the broadcaster every once in a while to keep a good signal.

My iPod never goes a day without being used. Apple really created the ultimate urban accessory. The only problem is that I have two different headphones. My Grado Labs SR-60's when I have my bag with me and can put them away and the iPod cult headphones when I need to throw the iPod in my pocket.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
Akumulator

2004-05-16, 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOM
I've got a sony cassette adapter and it works great for me. I've found that FM broadcasters are all but useless in big cities because every inch of spectrum has a station broadcasting on it. Also I hated having to tune the broadcaster every once in a while to keep a good signal.

My iPod never goes a day without being used. Apple really created the ultimate urban accessory. The only problem is that I have two different headphones. My Grado Labs SR-60's when I have my bag with me and can put them away and the iPod cult headphones when I need to throw the iPod in my pocket.
I have the Grado SR-80's... they're great.

About the cassette adapter... and maybe it's just my stereo, but there's a constant clicking sound coming from it like it's trying to play the cassette. The other thing is that there's noise (normal cassette white noise) with the cassette adapter. Mine's also Sony.

I'm interested in the AUX adapter Alcimedes has... I would imagine it would have a very clean sound.
EricG

2004-05-16, 14:20

I tend to listen to my iPod only in bed... so 6 or 7 hours a week... bit of a waist of such a nice gadget
Cybermonkey

2004-05-16, 14:23

Any ideas when the ipod mini will make it's way to the UK?
Wrao
Yarp

2004-05-16, 14:33

When I was at school, I listened to it on the 10 minute walk to class in the morning, inbetween classes, and on the 10 minute walk back. In addition to that I'd take it with me on the T or when I went for a walk. So I got a lot of listening done with it.

But at home, I have less use of it, but I do leave it by the receiver and my brother uses it a bit. Once I get my car I'll have more use for it.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-05-16, 14:52

Christ. A lot. 45 minutes each way to work. I've got the dock and monster cable hooked up to the stereo so the first thing I do when get home is chuck in its dock and crank it. Probably 3 or 4 hours a day. I don't think I can live without it. I'm a filthy iPod whore.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-05-16, 15:22

I just got one! Today is my birthday, and my parents gave me the 15GB model!
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2004-05-16, 17:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermonkey
Any ideas when the ipod mini will make it's way to the UK?
I'm getting a friend in the states to ship me one!
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-05-16, 17:30

I haven't been mobile with my iPod too much lately since my bike ride to work takes about seven minutes, but I do listen to it a lot at home.
I have a Tivoli Model One that I plug it into. Sounds great.
noleli2

2004-05-16, 18:27

I used to use mine just going to class, and occasionally at the library, but I've started using it more in the last few days because I've started using AudioHijack to record the webstream of NPR's Morning Edition from 5:00-7:00am, then transferring it to my iPod and listening to it throughout the day. It's great.

(1st post at .org!)
k squared

2004-05-16, 18:53

Everyday. About 7-9 hours at work during the week and a couple of hours over the weekend while I'm running. It's been the best gadget I've owned.
mattjohndrow
Funk Punk Rocker

Send a message via AIM to mattjohndrow Send a message via Yahoo to mattjohndrow  
2004-05-16, 22:03

i listen to music all the time, an avg of 15-16 hrs a day-in school, working, in class, sleeping, oh, i love it!