Found a great deal, share it here!
Page 10 of 17 First Previous 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  Next Last Thread Tools
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2010-11-09, 08:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
What's the best place to keep an eye out on these holiday deals?
http://slickdeals.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41
addison
Formerly “AWM”

2010-11-09, 10:04

If you are a Verizon smartphone user you may be able to get unlimited text for no additional cost making your monthly $69. They are testing it in select markets but many people have just started to call in and get it added to their plan. I doubt they would allow you to stack a corporate discount on top though.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-11-09, 11:47

For all those with kids out there. Amazon is giving away a Christmas Veggie Tales album. My kids love it.
The Incredible Singing Christmas Tree
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-09, 11:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Also, bfads.net.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-10, 09:35

It's not a $100 gift card, Maciej, but Target will be including $50 gift cards with Xbox 360 4GBs, in addition to the $10 gift card they're including with all $100+ purchases before 10 a.m. on Black Friday, for a total of $60 in potential "savings."

Radio Shack and Target are both matching that amazing Sears $129 PSP + LittleBigPlanet + Karate Kid + 1GB Memory Stick deal. Either store is also a good place to get a prepaid phone, with Radio Shack offering hefty discounts on Virgin Mobile's Loft and Boost's Seek, and Target heavily discounting Boost's Incognito and Juno. Target also appears to have the best lowish-end HDTV deal yet — a 40" 1080p Westinghouse for $298.

Target's PS3 bundle includes Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II and Prince of Persia on Blu-ray, so it's way way worse than Sears' Uncharted 2-packing bundle.

Finally, Target will be selling the Lord of the Rings films on Blu-ray for $7.99 each. Their ad rather stupidly shows a picture of the trilogy box set for $7.99, but that's not right; the description claims the "regular price" is $24.99 and Target's price for the trilogy box set is $74.99. So it's almost certainly $7.99 per film.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-11-10, 12:34

It's getting there, though I expected the $100 G.C. would be hard to match... we'll see.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-12, 11:31

Best Buy's PS3 deal: Free LittleBigPlanet, Mod Nation Racers, and Cars on Blu-ray.

Best Buy's Xbox 360 deal: LEGO Batman/Indiana Jones/Star Wars for free with the $199 Xbox 360.

Best Buy's Google TV deal: $100 off Sony's Blu-ray/Google TV box (already?).

Best Buy's best deal: a Brother P-touch electronic labeler for $9.99. Whoo!

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-12, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Either store is also a good place to get a prepaid phone, with Radio Shack offering hefty discounts on Virgin Mobile's Loft and Boost's Seek, and Target heavily discounting Boost's Incognito and Juno.
Best Buy is selling Boost's Rant for $49, but the best deal yet is probably Virgin Mobile's Rumor Touch for only $69 at Best Buy, instead of $149.

Brief insanely good plan recap: Virgin Mobile offers 300 minutes + unlimited everything else for $25. You can get 1200 minutes for $40 or unlimited minutes for $60. Boost Mobile simply offers an unlimited everything plan for $50, but they just introduced a new loyalty plan where the plan gets $5 cheaper every six months you pay on time, all the way down to $35. So if you're a heavy talker, Boost is the better deal. Despite both being just different names for "Sprint Prepaid," they each offer their own selection of phones.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-11-12, 18:09

Robo, should I jump on a BlackFriday Xbox360 deal or do you think I can expect better deals on CyberMonday?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-11-12, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
Robo, should I jump on a BlackFriday Xbox360 deal or do you think I can expect better deals on CyberMonday?
Do the BF deal and if there is a better deal on CM return it. (I am a big fan of getting the best deals even if that means you may need to stand in a return line.)

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-11-12, 19:46

Quote:
Do the BF deal and if there is a better deal on CM return it. (I am a big fan of getting the best deals even if that means you may need to stand in a return line.)
Brilliant! Well done torifile.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-12, 20:16

Holy wow. I don't have a Meijer near me, but they're going crazy with the console bundles:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joystiq
• Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary Red Wii Bundle -- $199.99 (includes Wii Remote Plus, Wii Sports, New Super Mario Bros. and $50 Meijer gift card)
• Holiday 2010 PSP Bundle -- $129.99 (includes LittleBigPlanet, The Karate Kid on UMD and a $30 Meijer gift card)
• 160GB PS3 Bundle -- $299.99 (includes Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, The Karate Kid on Blu-ray and a $50 Meijer gift card)
• DSi XL -- $169.99 (includes $30 Meijer gift card)
• Red and Green Holiday DSi Bundle -- $149.99 (includes Mario Party DS and $30 Meijer gift card)
• Buy Halo: Reach, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Fable 3, Medal of Honor or Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, get a free $30 Meijer gift card.
• 50 percent off all games priced $19.99 and under.
If you can use the gift cards, those are the best deals yet. No Xboxes, though.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-11-12, 20:32

That PS3 deal is great. Uncharted 2 is easily worth $40 (does it say if its the GOTY version?). That $50 GC is worth it if you can use it on real world stuff like groceries. That leaves the extremely questionable movie choice as the only downer in the package. But it's a freebie so not really.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-12, 20:35

Quote:
(does it say if its the GOTY version?).
I don't think it is.

If it's the same Uncharted/Karate Kid bundle other stores are getting, there's a PSN voucher for something included as well. It's not a very big something, and it's probably something dumb like Pain, but still.

I am wowed. A brand new PSP + a memory card + LittleBigPlanet + a UMD that shall remain nameless for essentially $99? That's just crazy. I mean, without the gift card, it was already crazy. The gift card just makes it crazy crazy.

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2010-11-12, 20:58

I haven't tried multiplayer and don't know what the GOTY edition contains over the original but I have to say Uncharted 2 is one of the best videogames I've ever played, and I've been playing videogames since the 70s.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-11-12, 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
I haven't tried multiplayer and don't know what the GOTY edition contains over the original but I have to say Uncharted 2 is one of the best videogames I've ever played, and I've been playing videogames since the 70s.
Seconded. It's one of the very few games that I've beaten that I actually have a strong desire to play again. And I've never even touched the MP side of it.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-12, 22:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend View Post
don't know what the GOTY edition contains over the original
Just a lot of DLC, and most of it isn't even in-game. It's mainly XMB themes, this Uncharted-themed PSP pinball game, &c. There's I think one game add-on in all the bonus content, and you can just buy that for cheap anyways, so it's nothing to be sad about (unless you really really want the exclusive avatar gear or whatever).

And agreed, Uncharted 2 is one of the best — and most underrated — games out there.

My sister just got Uncharted 1 for $6 at her Toys R Us. $6! So if you haven't played any Uncharteds yet, you owe it to yourself to pop in a TRU and have them look it up in their inventory. I mean, it's six dollars.

SIX.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-11-12, 23:02

Quote:
My sister just got Uncharted 1 for $6 at her Toys R Us. $6! So if you haven't played any Uncharteds yet, you owe it to yourself to pop in a TRU and have them look it up in their inventory. I mean, it's six dollars.
STFU. Do you want me to put you on my ignore list?!?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-12, 23:52

Quote:
STFU. Do you want me to put you on my ignore list?!?
Wait, you don't already have Uncharted? But you said you beat Uncharted 2!
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-11-13, 00:10

Quote:
Wait, you don't already have Uncharted? But you said you beat Uncharted 2!
I don't have Uncharted. I've been meaning to pick it up for a while now but I just have too many games to play. I've got, and beaten UC2, though.

bmorley

2010-11-13, 01:56

EA is having a sale on a number of their iPad apps this weekend including Scrabble, Mirror's Edge, Need for Speed and others.
bmorley

2010-11-13, 15:53

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Wanted to play this for a while but could never find a decent deal and all the places (that I know of) that rent have closed up shop. Stopped by my local TRU and sure enough it was sitting in the bargain bin for $6.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-14, 15:14

OK, so. You know Apple's $80 in-ear headphones? Well, Toys R Us sells them, but they seem to think that they're just the standard (crappy) Apple headphones with remote — they rang up at $30, even when my sister scanned the box directly, which suggests it might be the same at other TRUs.

I was all "Wow, that's a deal!" and my sister said "Yep, we have lots of good deals!" I didn't want to say that I thought that might be an unintentionally good deal. So if you're in the market for those $80 Apple in-ears, it might be worth a trip to TRU to maybe get them half off...

evan
Formerly CoachKrzyzewski

Send a message via AIM to evan  
2010-11-14, 21:29

Quote:
OK, so. You know Apple's $80 in-ear headphones? Well, Toys R Us sells them, but they seem to think that they're just the standard (crappy) Apple headphones with remote — they rang up at $30, even when my sister scanned the box directly, which suggests it might be the same at other TRUs.

I was all "Wow, that's a deal!" and my sister said "Yep, we have lots of good deals!" I didn't want to say that I thought that might be an unintentionally good deal. So if you're in the market for those $80 Apple in-ears, it might be worth a trip to TRU to maybe get them half off...
similar "deal" for the morally flexible...

Go to a grocery store where you can self-checkout and pick up a 24 pack of Coor's Light. Instead of scanning the box though, you can rotate a can and scan the barcode on it through the handle cutout. It rings up as a 6 pack.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2010-11-14, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan View Post
similar "deal" for the morally flexible...

Go to a grocery store where you can self-checkout and pick up a 24 pack of Coor's Light. Instead of scanning the box though, you can rotate a can and scan the barcode on it through the handle cutout. It rings up as a 6 pack.
Yeah, that one requires a lot of "moral flexibility."
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2010-11-14, 23:39

Quote:

Hmm, tempting. Been wanting those but they're a bit expensive.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-15, 12:16

If you're willing to risk death to save some green, Walmart's Black Friday ad has finally leaked.

They're giving away Modern Warfare 2 and Mass Effect 2 with the $199 Xbox, Uncharted 2 and Medal of Honor: Limited Edition with the $299 PS3, and they're selling DS lites for $89. Their Wii deal is a bit more complicated: It's $249, and includes the new Mario red Wii bundle, as well as an extra Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuck and Epic Mickey. And of course, they have tons of dirt-cheap games, like God of War I+II for the PS3 for $10.

They also have an eMachines laptop — not a netbook, a 15.6" laptop — for $198, which might be good for somebody's mom or something. Their TV deals are sort of meh; they have nothing that beats Target's 40" 1080p Westinghouse for $298, which is a relief, because guess who's been enlisted to acquire a television this year.

Oh, and their ad promises an "extra large" shipment of Kinects will be on sale starting on Saturday, which should last them about sixteen seconds.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2010-11-15, 12:20

MW2 and ME2 with a $199 360? That's a pretty good deal. Both are well-regarded games and probably high on someone's list to purchase anyway. You could probably score them both for $40-50 elsewhere (K-Mart has ME2 for $10 on BF and MW2 is often going for $30 or less these days), though, so it's not a stellar deal. And not one at all if you think about going to Walmart on BF.

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-11-15, 12:29

Quote:
it's not a stellar deal. And not one at all if you think about going to Walmart on BF.
Exactly. Walmart's BF deals aren't bad, I mean they're competitive enough, but they're not worth going to Walmart for. Going to Target or Best Buy will get you pretty much the same deals while being a lot less...y'know, lethal.

Office Max has the Brother HL-2240 laser printer on sale for $49. I got the previous model, the HL-2140, on sale for $60 last year and it has worked really well. That's a crazy good price on the HL-2240.

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2010-11-15, 12:57

Man, I hate getting up at all on BF, but we're looking to get my son a Wii and that's not too shabby a deal at Mall-Wart. Been there a few years ago on BF morning just for hahas and it was crazy in there! If you wanted more than 1 or 2 things, you were waiting in line until well after sun up.