User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Serif releases new Affinity Suite update (v1.9)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Serif releases new Affinity Suite update (v1.9)
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-06-02, 10:29

After buying these apps my son has noticed them available thanks to family sharing. He is really upping his design skills! He has an old Apple Pencil with is iPad and has been going to town.

Right now they are really more custom memes than anything, but others are starting to get more creative. It is really cool watching him just have fun and exploring the tools. Both Photo and Designer. He has them on his iPad and Mac, though mostly uses the iPad.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-06-02, 11:59

It’s really nice that people can get their hands on such powerful software for such a decent price.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-09, 11:16

Rather than starting a new thread for v2 of their suite I figure I'll just tag it on here.

The suite was just updated with a 40% off sale. Buy once use forever.
One license covers Mac, PC and iPad. $99 for Photo, Designer and Publisher.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2022-11-09, 14:14

Yea! They amped up the masking capabilities. Easy chroma/lumen masking was my last holdout from Photoshop days. Extra bonus I can open my AutoCAD files again! Just need to find a cheap USB floppy drive.

Looks like I'm plunking down another $100 and finally reclaiming some drive space.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
Frank777
Veteran Member

2022-11-09, 14:43

I looked earlier for a list of the upgrades to Affinity Publisher and came up empty. Anyone have a new feature list?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-11-09, 14:46

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/whats-new/
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-11-09, 15:12

Dang. All apps on all platforms for $100? That's an amazing deal, and I'm tempted to bite.

I can't find system requirements anywhere, though. Any idea where or what those are? I have an old Mac still stuck on Catalina.

edit: Ah, I think I found what I was looking for. On each app's page, hit the "Tech Specs" link near the top. Catalina is still supported for all three. (whew)

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/pho...-feature-list/
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/des...-feature-list/
https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/pub...-feature-list/

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.