User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Photo managment tool for lots of photos (a la ACDSee/PC)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Photo managment tool for lots of photos (a la ACDSee/PC)
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2005-04-17, 06:12

About the only program I really like in Windows is ACDSee. I am a rather serious photographer, and with ACDSee, I have a very nice database of my pictures with keywords and categories, and can find what I'm looking for quite fast.

In a few months, I will move and will take this opportunity to get rid of my PC - so I need something to replace ACDSee. I know that there is ACDSee for the Mac, but that's really a sad joke in comparison, and iPhoto doesn't really cut it, either.

So can anybody recommend a good program that will let me organize my pictures, add keywords, etc., and perhaps will even let me import the database from ACDSee on the PC?
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2005-04-17, 15:20

I don't anything about photo catalogers or organizers, but there may be something here that may be of interest.
malcolm

2005-04-17, 16:35

HI there,
I use iView Media Pro, and like it a lot. It's not cheap, but you can store your photos in hierarchical folders to organize them much more elegantly than iPhoto can (that's the main reason I bought it).
Cheers,
Malcolm
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2005-04-18, 16:46

iView looks very interesting, thanks for the tip! It's not exactly cheap, though ... but maybe I can manage with the non-pro version, which has quite a reasonable price.