AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iPhone: where is Address Book?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone: where is Address Book?
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2007-06-03, 23:18

iPhone seems to have easy access to well over a dozen features via the onscreen icons but I didn't see an icon for Address Book among them. I thought A.B. was supposed to be editable on iPhone -- e.g., add a new entry or add/edit an existing entry -- but I'm wondering if the lack of an A.B. icon means that's not true. Anyone know the deal? Thanks.

Electric Monk

2007-06-03, 23:30

Well yes the iPhone somehow lacks a hugely important feature that lacking would utterly crush it's chances in the market. No, wait.

They've shown the address book a number of times in use, and no one is dumb enough to include an address book you can only edit through your computer.

I assume you access it under the green Phone core icon at the bottom.

spikeh
BANNED

Send a message via AIM to spikeh Send a message via MSN to spikeh  
2007-06-03, 23:32

I'm sure it will be. It would be idiocy on Apple's part not to offer it.

Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2007-06-03, 23:37

Watch the quicktime animation on this Apple page. He pulls up the contacts by clicking the phone icon -- it's in fact so central to the operation that it's the basic function of the phone feature. Then there is a + icon in the list view, as well as a keyboard icon on the bottom.

The nifty scrolling technique across the contacts has been demo'ed many, many times.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2007-06-03, 23:37

Yeah, this seems like a fairly obvious feature.

However, until we get some official specs or a real review of the iPhone's interface, it's fairly pointless to ask how the address book will or will not work. For all we know, the UI in the ads isn't feature-complete.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.