User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Anyone having spotty, unreliable iPhone Mail performance?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Anyone having spotty, unreliable iPhone Mail performance?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-06-29, 14:57

The past two days, my mail doesn't seem to be pushing. It only shows up (both in my .Mac and Yahoo! accounts I have set up in the iPhone's Mail app) when I physically launch the thing to check it. Sometimes mail appears, sometimes it doesn't. Before yesterday, of course, stuff would just appear whenever it was sent to me. I'd hear the familiar little *ding* (or feel it vibrate) and knew I had new mail.

I've missed a ton of stuff the past 48 hours. Or, rather, I'd get it hours and hours after the person sent it.

Another thing that's happening: I'll hear it ding, but there will be no mail in either account. This has happened twice now in the past two hours.

I don't know if it's a network thing, my phone (I'm not at home, so I can't do a restore/reset). I've already rebooted it and checked all my settings. I've changed nothing in those mail/push settings.

I'm kinda wondering if it's the iCloud stuff stirring and maybe there will be some random weirdness in the coming months, as all this stuff falls into place? But that shouldn't have any bearing on my Yahoo! account, should it?

Just curious if anyone else with an iPhone, MobileMe/.Mac (and/or Yahoo) mail is experiencing any of the above.

My friend's house, where I'm staying in KC, has nice Time Warner cable modem, she's got a Time Capsule, I can get online and surf just fine. It just seems to be limited to e-mail not pushing/showing up on its own, reliably, the past couple of days.
solstace

2011-07-01, 07:03

I'm in the UK, and my work iPhone 3G has stopped pushing on Gmail (via Exchange) sometime in the last month or so. My personal iPhone 4 with MobileMe seems generally fine, but is prone to not pushing some days.

"A computer once beat me at chess. It was however no match for me at kick-boxing." - Unknown
Blog
Yontsey
*AD SPACE FOR SALE*

2011-07-01, 07:41

I use Gmail as well as a setup business account and both have been running smoothly. I know that doesn't really help you that much since you said Yahoo/MobileMe but I figured I'd throw that out there.

Sometimes Gmail will go rogue for a day or two and it will drive me absolutely nuts, but then again, I'm not sure if it's a Gmail issue or if sometimes it's Mail on the iPhone/OSX.

Die young and save yourself....
@yontsey
Dave
Ninja Editor

2011-07-01, 10:59

Yeah, I've been having problems with push email for a month. The quick fix is to reboot my phone, but I've got no idea what's causing the problem.

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.