Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Apple and truncated tex-

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple and truncated tex-
Wrao
Yarp

2011-11-07, 12:56

Has anyone else noticed that both the iTunes store and the App store are pretty awful about handling truncated text? The way content is laid out on both stores tend to lead to many titles being shortened and as far as I can tell on both stores there is no way to see the complete title without clicking on the link. The iTunes store has that little i that reveals a pop-up menu that has basic information but in my experience the time it takes is negligible compared to the time it takes to load the page.

What I am used to, what is found elsewhere around the OS and computers in general is hovering over something and having it display the complete text in that little yellow tooltip thing. Is that functionality gone from the App Store and the iTunes Store completely? or am I just missing something here? It really gets to be frustrating when you have several results that are from the same series or collection and the differentiating information is truncated, or if there are multiple versions of a song. Sometimes I've even clicked on the entirely wrong media(soundtrack instead of movie type thing).