AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Possible Apple Hint of Virtualization in Leopard

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Possible Apple Hint of Virtualization in Leopard
scrouds

2006-05-22, 00:51

http://www.apple.com/getamac/fast.html

Quote:
Plus, since Apple designs and tests the operating system and new hardware at the same time, the company can optimize software and hardware to work well together. That means on such well-designed hardware, that MacBook Pro runs even some Windows software faster than PCs themselves, according to third party results. (They’re able to get these results with beta software from the next version of Mac OS X, Leopard. Apple Computer does not sell or support Microsoft Windows.)
Does ths mean virtulization in Leopard? Im hoping so.
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-22, 00:57

Nice catch!
ShadowOfGed
Travels via TARDIS

2006-05-22, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrENGLISH™
Nice catch!
Is there something I'm missing here, or are you guys just keying off of the phrase "tests the operating system and new hardware at the same time"?

I think this is just Apple touting the fact that OS X and Apple hardware are developed and tested in parallel and together, whereas Windows and PCs are developed and tested separately.

Maybe I'm missing what you guys caught...

Apparently I call the cops when I see people litter.
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-22, 01:12

ShadowOfGed,

This is what caught my eye.

Quote:
They’re able to get these results with beta software from the next version of Mac OS X, Leopard
Could be in reference to native virtulization like scrouds said.
Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2006-05-22, 01:19

Um... it also sounds a hell of a lot like BootCamp. There's nothing in that snippet that points to virtualization over the BootCamp Beta. You're reading too much into it... BootCamp will probably be released with Leopard... and is therefore a feature thereof.
MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-05-22, 01:27

That's why I said it "Could be..."
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-05-22, 06:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrENGLISH™
ShadowOfGed,

This is what caught my eye.

Could be in reference to native virtulization like scrouds said.
"Beta software from the next version of OS X" is Boot Camp. Don't get too excited. Boot Camp is part of Leopard. That's what it's talking about. I really doubt Apple would put something up on its site that's a hint toward a new feature they haven't been talking about. They're not dumb. Also, Leopard isn't in Beta yet, as far as we know.

That's been on the site since the new ads started. Nothing to see here, move along.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-05-22, 06:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz
"Beta software from the next version of OS X" is Boot Camp. Don't get too excited. Boot Camp is part of Leopard. That's what it's talking about. I really doubt Apple would put something up on its site that's a hint toward a new feature they haven't been talking about. They're not dumb. Also, Leopard isn't in Beta yet, as far as we know.

That's been on the site since the new ads started. Nothing to see here, move along.
QFT.