AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Wii games....which do you have, which do you like etc

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Wii games....which do you have, which do you like etc
Page 12 of 12 First Previous 8 9 10 11 [12]  Thread Tools
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2007-12-30, 09:28

Some reviewers have said it has the best FPS controls on the Wii. I plan on picking it up at some point.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-03-12, 13:53

Ok, so it's been a while for this thread.

I still have yet to play Medal of Honor 2 that I got for my birthday.

There are a few reasons for that. We started to redo our living room at school and that required me to unplug the Wii and put it away until we finished. Still haven't finished two months later.

Then, I've been working late nights because of tax season so I haven't even gotten the chance to start on the living room situation.

Unfortunately, this means that the Wii has been neglected for the past few months. I've had other things to play with (MBA, Time Capsule, new iPhone.

But, I just ordered Super Smash Brothers Brawl from Amazon, so hopefully that will bring me around to setting up the Wii again.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2008-03-12, 14:08

i just finished mario galaxy...was a lot of fun, but i am not a huge platformer type gamer...i prefer zelda to mario...i prefer RE4 to mario...but it was pretty cool...

right now i am spending a lot of time on Rock Band on my PS3 (the only PS3 game i have)...
and i'm about to start No More Heroes on the wii

waiting for mario kart wii

and singstar on ps3

other than those 2, i am only really waiting for resident evil 5...hoping it comes to wii, if not i will get the ps3 version...but i would easily and gladly take a "dumbed" down version of RE5 on the wii with the great controls over a pretty RE5 with non wii type controls...

fatal frame and alone in the dark look promising for the wii...but i like survival horror games

will probably get okami...though i would have preferred it to be 29.99 like RE4 was (and how much older ports should be)...

might, but probably not, get iron man...depends on how the flying is...i don't have any flying games...flying is cool

might get top spin tennis if the reviews are good...my brother is a tennis freak...

will get wii fit...i could use to lose 10 pounds for summer

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
faust

2008-03-12, 14:30

My list of my head

Media of Honor - haven't had time to open

Tiger Golf '08 - fun but much harder than Wii golf. This is in the machine rigt now waiting for me

Godfather - just picked up last week from ebay. Hope to get to know it Sat during our rain showers

Kill The Humans - picked it up last week, will play it this weekend for sure

Guitar Hero III - my gf is ADDICTED to this, I have to remind her some nights to eat dinner and go to bed.

Running out later this week to get House of the Dead 2&3, loved playing it on xbox so at $29 what do I have to lose.

Purchased that gun thing that comes with the bow and arrow game, haven't opened the box yet though.

I am happy to say that I'm a Bowling, Golf and Tennis Pro these days. And the Wii calls Mercy rule when I play it in baseball.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2008-10-17, 09:53

I just NHK 2K9 for the Wii and it's a real mixed bag.

The game play is terrific. Using the Wiimote for precision passing is great. The waggle controls for shooting are good. 2K put a lot of effort into making the controls really work for the platform. During game play, the graphics seem pretty good but the player models are atrocious. No player looks even remotely like their real life counterpart. It's so bad that they didn't even get race right. Matt Stajan is not black. How do you mess that up? And the menu system is borderline unusable. If they put some effort into prettying it up next year it'll be a great game. As it is, it'll do a good enough job of giving me my fill of hockey on the Wii.

That being said, I'm getting really tired of developers putting in sub-par efforts on the graphics. I know it's got less power than the PS3 and 360 but that doesn't mean they should put out games with such piss poor graphics. It just seems freaking lazy.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2008-10-17, 10:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan View Post
That being said, I'm getting really tired of developers putting in sub-par efforts on the graphics. I know it's got less power than the PS3 and 360 but that doesn't mean they should put out games with such piss poor graphics. It just seems freaking lazy.
This is the reason why I sold my Wii. Not specifically because of the graphics, but because it was obvious that, other than Nintendo, no developer seemed willing to put any effort into making good games. And Nintendo's first-party games have never really grabbed my attention.

Supposedly the Wii has about as much power as the original Xbox, or about twice as much as the GameCube, but you wouldn't know it from playing the games. There are a lot of PS2 ports and even PSP ports, and some of the worse Wii games look like they were taken directly from the N64 or PS1.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2008-10-17, 11:08

Yeah at this point the real reason to get the Wii is if you love Nintendo's franchise titles, like Mario and Zelda, etc. since those appear to be the best games on the system. I do play my PS3 more than my Wii even though I like them both. Nothing on the Wii can replace GTA 4 or GT 5 though.
Boomerangmacuser

2008-10-17, 12:57

We just bougt a Wii for our 10 yr old kids. Once the Mario Kart disk got inserted it never got removed.

Is there game rig out there that only plays Mario Kart that could have saved some money on?????

Oh well, sooner or later they'll get tired of it... I hope....
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2008-10-17, 15:33

Unlikely.

I played Mario Kart for months without ever getting tired of it.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2008-10-17, 15:52

I go back and forth from the 64 version to the Wii one and it still doesn't get old.

They need to release the SNES one for the VC.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.