AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Wii games....which do you have, which do you like etc

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Wii games....which do you have, which do you like etc
Page 3 of 12 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  Next Last Thread Tools
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2007-01-31, 11:31

I've been putting some quality time in to Mario Kart 64. I've played every track a million times but I never get tired of it. You can't save your ghosts on the VC which kind of sucks. And it is too bad that Nintendo didn't alter the game a titch to add online play.

Regardless, well worth the $10.
blakbyrd

Send a message via AIM to blakbyrd  
2007-01-31, 11:44

The have Duck Hunt for the VC, don't they? If so, do you use the WiiMote?
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2007-01-31, 12:08

no duck hunt yet...i'm getting wii play for the remote and it comes with a duck hunt game, so i won't get that on VC

i am currently playing Zelda: ALTTP on the VC...it is fun but damn hard...don't know if i'll finish it...dying too many times in the dark palace (can't seem to knock off the helmet of the big boss)...a couple of more times and i will lose interest....

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-01-31, 13:40

Do you think they will release a EAsports NHL 2008 ? I need my nhl game to buy a console. Now, only the 360 got one has the ps3 only got 2k7.

It would be awsome to pass, shoot with the wiimote. Fight could be better than just press A or B x times...

I know about ice hockey but I'm looking in something more realistic than "choose a big, medium, or small player" Though it was funny on the NES. Still, Blade of Steel was better

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2007-01-31, 14:45

I can't dig up the link but I thought I read that 2K Sports wasn't going to release a hockey game for the Wii this year because they wanted to focus on making NHL 2K8. Though that could be another case of me letting my imagination become my own little reality. I'll be very bitter if there isn't a kick ass hockey game for the Wii. Hopefully 2K Sports, EA's NHL series is a reeking pool of vomit.
aranhamo

2007-01-31, 14:51

You guys are all jerks. My wife was going to buy me a Wii for Christmas, but at every store around here you had to camp out for like three days to get one. And at the local Wal-Mart just a few days ago, the guy told me they hadn't received a single Wii since just after Christmas. Wal-Mart and my local Target both have PS3s in stock, but neither of them have received any Wiis in more than 2 weeks and don't know when they'll get any. A guy I work with said that his local Gamestop had Wiis, but when I went there, the guy said they hadn't had any Wiis in weeks. My nearest Toys R Us got 5 last Sunday, which was their biggest batch this year. Anyway, I lost my window, so now I have to wait until May before we have budget to buy one. I thought Nintendo said they would have stock on shelves by Christmas. Today is January 31st, and still none of the stores around here have any.

Just so you all know, I meant "jerks" in a nice way. You're only jerks because you all have Wiis and I don't. :-)

EDIT: I went to the downtown Best Buy last night; they didn't have any Wiis, and the sales guy said they hadn't received any "in like forever". They called other local Best Buys for me, and none of them had any either. I'm not allowed to buy one now (not in the budget anymore), but I think if I could just find one, I'd probably break the rules and slap down the credit card.

Last edited by aranhamo : 2007-02-01 at 11:55. Reason: clarification
dmegatool
Custom User Title

2007-01-31, 15:08

They sold 3.1 millions of wii. They expected to sell 4M so they actually have around 900 000 wii in stock.

Nintendo wish to sell 6 million of wii before the end of the financial year (03/31). So there must be some wii somewhere ...

Dave Mustaine :"God created whammy bars for people who don't know how to solo."
blakbyrd

2007-01-31, 19:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegelding View Post
no duck hunt yet...i'm getting wii play for the remote and it comes with a duck hunt game, so i won't get that on VC
Really? Cool. I was thinking of getting Wii Play.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-02-03, 19:55

Does anyone have any input about which controllers work the best for Mario Kart 64 VC game? I donwloaded it yesterday after I picked up a few WaveBird controllers for the Game Cube. But before I open them up, I was wondering if any of these VC games have been optimized for the classic controllers, and would work better with those. They are $10 cheaper, each, than the wavebirds, but I prefer the shape and feel of the wavebirds since they more closely resemble all the other console controllers out there. I also like the idea of not having to connect them to the wii-motes.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2007-02-05, 08:53

All VC games were optimized for the Classic Controller. I haven't picked up any GC controllers yet so I can't say how the play VC games.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-02-05, 08:56

I've got the Classic controller and it feels pretty great. It's set up like the Super Nintendo controller but with two analogue joysticks and extra top trigger buttons. It took me about 3 seconds to figure out which was my gas, break, item shooter, and that the left joystick is what I used to steer, but after that I was off and running. I can't compare with the Gamecube controllers, but as for the Classic, it's a great controller.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
thegelding
feeling my oats

2007-02-05, 10:12

yeah, i have two classic controllers...they work real well...been using mine to play zelda, a link to the past...and some mario kart...waiting for some more games to come out

g

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-02-05, 10:51

Heads up for Virtual Console lovers: the excellent Super Mario World is up now for 800 points.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2007-02-05, 10:59

Super Mario World is such an awesome game. This will be the last VC game I buy for a while. I can't keep giving Nintendo 10 bucks a week....unless Super Metroid is released soon. Then that'll be my last one.
thegelding
feeling my oats

2007-02-05, 11:13

i'm waiting for zelda-OoT...but what i would really love is a single CD with all the old Zelda games on it...that way i don't take up all my flash drive space with zelda games...

g

kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2007-02-05, 12:56

I just spent $10 on Mario Kart last week, now I'm gonna have to spend another $8 this week?

As long as they keep coming out with good games though, I'll be all over the VC.

And the Classic Controllers are definitely worth the money. They're great. I've been using them to play Mario Kart all week while I was home with Mono (which sucks by the way).
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-02-07, 12:30

Is it true that if you get a new Wii, you can't get your old VC games on it? Like say I give my Wii away to a relative and plan on purchasing a new one later in the week, are my games gone? Because I just got off the phone with Nintendo and they said there's no way to transfer VC games AT ALL. You lose your system for whatever reason, they're GONE. If so, that's pure BS.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
jdcfsu
Veteran Member

2007-02-07, 12:37

I read somewhere that your VC games are tied to your Wii Number to prevent people from downloading them, copying them to an SD card, and then giving them to your friends.

90% of statistics can be made to say anything 50% of the time.
Website | Twitter
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-02-07, 12:57

Ooo, that does kind of suck.

Here's what Nintendo should have done: set it so that the downloaded games go directly to the SD card. That way, you could take your games with you - just like you can with any CD based games. I'm sure they could implement some kind of copy protection on the SD card so that it couldn't be copied.

Or maybe, this: give you to option to MOVE them to an SD card, and MOVE them from and SD card to the Wii, but not COPY.

As is, what the heck are the SD cards for if not to store games?
-edit, never mind, I just looked it up: photo viewing, mp3, game saving information

Saving VC games would be a much better use.

This is from Nintendo's support site:
Quote:
Erasing Wii Shop Account

Note: You should format your Wii Shop Channel and Wii console's system memory prior to selling or otherwise transferring your Wii console to any third party. (For information about privacy and the protection of your personal information, click here.)

To clear information from the Wii Shop Channel, including records of your transactions and rights to download software:

1. Access the Wii Shop Channel.
2. Select "Settings" from the list of options.
3. Select "Remove Wii Shop Channel Account."

Once completed, all information will be erased.
Again, another solution, give the ability to de-authorize a wii, and authorize a new one, kind of like iPods and iTunes. Once you authorize your new system, it should re-download your VC games.

None of this is rocket science, and hopefully Nintendo will receive some complaints and correct it somehow.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!

Last edited by zippy : 2007-02-07 at 13:08.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2007-02-07, 13:23

I followed those exact directions after copying my saved data and VC games to the SD card. Of course, it doesn't tell you that you can't transfer them to your new console. I understand the copy protection thing and I don't expect to be able to move games willy-nilly between consoles but I've got an account. My games show up online. I can even associate my new Wii with my existing account but I can't play my VC games on my new console? WTF?!?

This will make me hesitate to buy anything else from the VC. Luckily it was only $10 and they're sending me the game guide to Zelda to make up for it. But this is ridiculous. I hope that this shortcoming gets some coverage some place.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-02-07, 13:40

That's pretty crappy. I'll add this as my first gripe about an otherwise great system.

I think this is something they can fix with a system update, I just hope they pull their heads out and realize they need to.

blakbyrd

2007-02-07, 13:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
Is it true that if you get a new Wii, you can't get your old VC games on it? Like say I give my Wii away to a relative and plan on purchasing a new one later in the week, are my games gone? Because I just got off the phone with Nintendo and they said there's no way to transfer VC games AT ALL. You lose your system for whatever reason, they're GONE. If so, that's pure BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcfsu View Post
I read somewhere that your VC games are tied to your Wii Number to prevent people from downloading them, copying them to an SD card, and then giving them to your friends.
I read somewhere that if you lose your games for a certain reason, you can re-download them. *Shrugs*
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2007-02-07, 14:22

I think that only works though if you lose your games for a reason such as repair or other things like that.

It doesn't make sense as to why you can't play your VC games on a new console. You did buy the games already. This makes me worried as I've spent at least $50 on VC games already (The VC was actually the biggest reason for me to buy a Wii.)
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2007-02-08, 11:37

Hey, Wii people--looks like Guitar Hero is coming to the Wii (and DS):

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/02/08/g...endo-consoles/

Should be interesting on the Wii, but I'm thinking a DS version wouldn't work right.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2007-02-09, 15:49

Shop called today. My Wii is in! I'm going to get it in the morning!
macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2007-02-09, 19:16

I want a Wii so badly but I can't even find one to buy! AHHHHH!!!!
rasmits
rams it

2007-02-09, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod View Post
I want a Wii so badly but I can't even find one to buy! AHHHHH!!!!
Yeah, when the hell will supply/demand even out? I had no idea it was going to be this hard to get the Wii.

I'm not being that aggressive in looking though.

You had me at asl
thegelding
feeling my oats

2007-02-09, 19:26

so far i've been pretty lucky...i've gotten three...one for me, two for friends...

games coming that should be fun

guitar hero
ddr
tiger woods (semi addicted to sports golf...but hoping to find a more complete golf game for the wii)

hoping the gozilla game is good...that could be fun

not much for fps, but hoping to see some good rpg and party games

g

macleod
Now in lower-case™!

2007-02-09, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmits View Post
Yeah, when the hell will supply/demand even out? I had no idea it was going to be this hard to get the Wii.

I'm not being that aggressive in looking though.
I have been calling everywhere back at University and here at home. I am home for the weekend; however, I they said they are getting some in stock on tuesday. Maybe I will have my parents pick it up.
rasmits
rams it

2007-02-09, 19:29

I'm thinking about waiting until Super Smash Bros. comes out anyway. None of the current Wii games interest me very much.

On the Gamecube I pretty much just play SSB, with the occasional Mario Kart / Mario Party when my friends request them. I use the PS3 for everything else.

Any ideas about what SSB for Wii may be like? I hope they don't deviate from the current concept too much. Mario Kart though should be great.

You had me at asl