AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Well there go murbot's kids' teeth...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Well there go murbot's kids' teeth...
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2004-10-10, 13:05

http://pepsiipod.securepromotion.com/

"Goldangit! I don't care if you are turning brown from the food coloring and vibrating through the chair from the sugar and caffeine, DRINK MORE!"
Mass Appeal

2004-10-10, 17:06

Why do Canadian's get to have all the fun?
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-10-10, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass Appeal
Why do Canadian's get to have all the fun?
Cause no one really likes them anyway, so we have to throw them a bone every once in a while. Come on, they can't even buy songs from the iTMS to put on their shiny new iPods

Come waste your time with me
Nullpunkt

Send a message via ICQ to Nullpunkt Send a message via AIM to Nullpunkt Send a message via MSN to Nullpunkt Send a message via Yahoo to Nullpunkt  
2004-10-11, 09:40

Well, i've got two parts to this post, and well, here it goes:

This joint promotion by Pepsi and Apple is pretty much here to promote the recognition of both brands up here that much more. Pepsi gains huge new sales (and possibly a few new permanent drinkers of their products by process of addiction) and Apple, when they decide to finally bring up iTMS (which will get killed until music downloads from P2P networks are made illegal).... will already have a built in base of the large amount of winners (on top of people who already own one of these bad boys and paid hard-earned cash for it.) eager and willing to froth at the mouth for the simplicity and ease of use iTunes brings. (I'd be fanatical about Apple products too if someone gave me an iPod, too!) Look at it this way, those winners and the people who already own them will do the best form of advertising up here, word of mouth. (Probably the best way to sell a product up here.....)

And trust me, they've got people hooked. If you go to redflagdeals.com (a kind of "farmers market" for people looking for great deals) they have a thread devoted to this contest, and in a week, the thread is now over 130 pages long. IN A FRIGGIN' WEEK. that blows my mind.

As for me, they have me hooked. I've entered 60 times since the 6th of October (you're allowed one entry per hour)..... so yeah, for me, this is a crack habit. Hell, i've even got the missus entering for me when I'm at work now!

Here's hoping that every single Canadian on the AppleNova boards comes away a winner here in this contest.

Kudos to Apple and Pepsi for creating this amazing contest.

(Now excuse me, I have to go enter again.....)
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-10-14, 17:47

I still haven't bought a pepsi yet, though I intend to. Then I'll stay up till four in the morning to enter at that odd hour hoping not that many people have submitted their entry. It's a bad-ass promotion. Far better then the Yankee iTunes/Pepsi deal.
bpmendoza

2004-10-17, 07:41

I already won mine - now I'm working on one for my wife and 18 month old son. I was using multiple e-mails to obtain multiple entries per hour - which I discovered later was against the rules - now I'm gettting one entry per hour (no purchase necessary - I never drink Pepsi products) and saving them up as they suggest - it takes lots of time, but if it doesn't cost anything and I have some time (I carry my pbook around the house so I don't miss an hourly entry while watching TV or cooking). I'm hooked but I can't help it - thank god it will be over by christmas or I'd miss my kid growing up.
Random Hero

2004-10-17, 18:51

How exactly does this work?
bpmendoza

2004-10-18, 13:23

1st you have to be a resident of Canada.

Go to pepsi.ca/ipod - and click on no purchase necessary - it will walk you through a short survey, which upon completion will earn you one free entry into the draw. You can choose to enter once per hour, or save them up and enter multiple PINs (entries) in a single hour. There is a full explanation of how to play on the site.