User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Yeah, so, uh...Cram and Jam?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Yeah, so, uh...Cram and Jam?
Page 3 of 5 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5  Next Thread Tools
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-06-04, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensdanny38
Wow, I love how you all defend every decision apple makes.
Only Apple hasn't even made a decision at all in this case. Not that we know of, anyway.

Quote:
Apple has zero competitors.
Hmm, so they have 100% market share? Interesting.
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Hmm, so they have 100% market share? Interesting.
What competition can I run Final Cut studio on?

Not a Sony, not an HP, not an Acer, not an Asus, not a Compaq, not an E-Machine, not a Panasonic, not a Toshiba, etc.
it5five

2006-06-04, 16:08

So, just because I am happy that Apple offers any sort of discount, I must be rich?

I am working full time this summer to be able to buy my Mac Pro in August, so you're way off base. Almost every cent of what I make goes into savings so I can buy it.

Also, we aren't defending every decision Apple makes, we're pointing out that you are a whiny asshole who doesn't deserve the discount if you think it is terrible.

Really, 170 dollars isn't a significant amount. Get over it.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-06-04, 16:17

Quote:
What competition can I run Final Cut studio on?

Not a Sony, not an HP, not an Acer, not an Asus, not a Compaq, not an E-Machine, not a Panasonic, not a Toshiba, etc.
I guess Apple's software must cater to quite an exclusive niche of the market then.

A niche, mind you, that is willing to spend more money.
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:18

See, thats the problem, the value of 170 dollars is relative. While is may not be much to you, it is a lot to me and millions of people in the world.

Since its so insignificant, how about you paypal it to me?
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:19

Quote:
I guess Apple's software must cater to quite an exclusive niche of the market then.

A niche, mind you, that is willing to spend more money.

No, because two years ago you could get the same set-up for 18% less when the company had significantly less money.

Instead of giving the money back to the consumers who made them rich in the first place, Apple is padding their own collective wallet and DEPLETING the wallets of whom made them rich in the first place.
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:21

since 170 is so insignificant, please paypal it to me at tensdanny38@gmail.com
it5five

2006-06-04, 16:22

Using your logic, I think that the gas station here should be selling me gas for 1.50, because that's what they used to sell it for, right? I mean, I've been buying gas for years, and here they go raising the price on me, padding their own wallet and not giving back to the consumer (me) that made them rich.

GET. OVER. IT. If it is too expensive, then don't buy it. If you're going to buy it, don't bitch about it, because it isn't going to change the price.
chucker

2006-06-04, 16:34

Quote:
No, because two years ago you could get the same set-up for 18% less when the company had significantly less money.
No, you couldn't. Significantly lower specs, and even then, you only got it with a rebate.

What part of "rebate" is it that you don't understand? A rebated price is not the regular price. If you don't like the regular price, don't buy. It's that simple.

And don't give me that Final Cut Studio bullshit again. You can afford Final Cut Studio but you can't afford a $170 difference no your laptop?

Quote:
Instead of giving the money back to the consumers who made them rich in the first place, Apple is padding their own collective wallet and DEPLETING the wallets of whom made them rich in the first place.
Yes, how dare they follow the laws of capitalism. Sons of bitches!
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by it5five
Using your logic, I think that the gas station here should be selling me gas for 1.50, because that's what they used to sell it for, right? I mean, I've been buying gas for years, and here they go raising the price on me, padding their own wallet and not giving back to the consumer (me) that made them rich.

GET. OVER. IT. If it is too expensive, then don't buy it. If you're going to buy it, don't bitch about it, because it isn't going to change the price.
That's a horrible metaphor. I'm not going to bother addressing it. You think long and hard on that one, chief.
it5five

2006-06-04, 16:40

Regardless of the metaphor, you are still ridiculous for bitching about a discount Apple chooses to give students.
spikeh
BANNED

Send a message via AIM to spikeh Send a message via MSN to spikeh  
2006-06-04, 16:41

*yawn*

Anyone want to play with this ball of string?
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:46

Quote:
No, you couldn't. Significantly lower specs, and even then, you only got it with a rebate.
AND two years later. This notebook is the exact equivalent of what they had out two years ago in terms of technology. Except it is 18% more expensive to consumers. Hmmm.

Quote:
What part of "rebate" is it that you don't understand? A rebated price is not the regular price. If you don't like the regular price, don't buy. It's that simple.
The regular price is fine. The rebate price is fine. I don't know why this is blown out of proportion. I am entitled to my opinion and I think its dissapointing(logical, but dissapointing) that they will go wtih a 129 rebate instead of a 179 or 199 like they have in previous years. Its unfortunate for students, which is ALL i've said from the beginning.

Quote:
And don't give me that Final Cut Studio bullshit again. You can afford Final Cut Studio but you can't afford a $170 difference no your laptop?
It's not a matter of cost. Its a matter of premise. 170 dollar can go a long way. That's 1/2 a month rent. Imagine if everything else in life went up 18%. That house payment you make monthly went from 1000 dollars to 1180. Say you make 50,000 dollars a year. This does not increase. Say the cost of living is 40,000 dollars a year for you. If you are only making slightly more than the cost of living, and that increases by 18%, that is a significant increase.

I am going to make it a point to get 170 dollars worth of free software in protest due to Apple being a bastard.

Quote:
Yes, how dare they follow the laws of capitalism. Sons of bitches!
Capitalism, sure. More like bourgeois if you ask me.
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by it5five
Regardless of the metaphor, you are still ridiculous for bitching about a discount Apple chooses to give students.
Why? Because every other company offers 10-20% discounts and Apple offers a <5%? Is it unfair to be dissapointed that Apple cares less about the well-being and livelyhood of students than other companies?
chucker

2006-06-04, 16:51

Quote:
AND two years later. This notebook is the exact equivalent of what they had out two years ago in terms of technology. Except it is 18% more expensive to consumers. Hmmm.
What? What the heck are you talking about? The MacBook is a huge leap compared to a 2004 iBook.

Quote:
I am going to make it a point to get 170 dollars worth of free software in protest due to Apple being a bastard.
I can't even begin to under stand the logic of "170 dollars worth of free software".
spikeh
BANNED

2006-06-04, 16:56

Quote:
Capitalism, sure. More like bourgeois if you ask me.
Hold the phones. What the fuck?
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:57

Quote:
What? What the heck are you talking about? The MacBook is a huge leap compared to a 2004 iBook.
How? It has better specs, yes, but if it didn't it would be the most overpriced machine ever. Since the iBook fell in line with competition then, what does the MacBook have that make it in ahead of competition that the iBook lacked?

If anything, the MacBook has less in relative comparison to the competition, since two years ago DVD burners weren't standard, nor was DVI out, high capacity hdd, etc. The MacBook is a huge leap compared to the iBook, but it still falls short on the competitions hardware features when you compare the features that the 2004 iBook had with the 2004 competition to it.

Quote:
I can't even begin to under stand the logic of "170 dollars worth of free software".
Rather than buy 170 dollars worth of software, I will acquire it using other means in protest. Just like the millions of people do to the RIAA.
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 16:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeh
Hold the phones. What the fuck?
Apple, making the rich richer, and the poor poorer. They are decreasing the value of their student discount in order to make themselves richer.
it5five

2006-06-04, 16:59

Quote:
I am entitled to my opinion and I think its dissapointing(logical, but dissapointing) that they will go wtih a 129 rebate instead of a 179 or 199 like they have in previous years. Its unfortunate for students, which is ALL i've said from the beginning.
Nobody even knows for sure what kind of rebate they will be doing this year. So yeah, go ahead and make a big deal out of a rumor.

Also, you're an idiot. Apple isn't making anyone buy their computers. So the poor aren't becoming poorer unless they choose to spend their money on a computer, which they shouldn't be doing in the first place if they are poor. And of course Apple wants to make money, I don't see why that bothers you so much.
spikeh
BANNED

2006-06-04, 17:00

Quote:
Apple, making the rich richer, and the poor poorer. They are decreasing the value of their student discount in order to make themselves richer.
No, its capitalism. And bourgeois in the context you used it in also refers to capitalism, unless I've missed an obvious joke.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2006-06-04, 17:01

Ah, if only the rebate Terms and Conditions contained some fine print about whiney little brats not being eligible...
chucker

2006-06-04, 17:02

So let me get this straight. Out of a (potential! it's a rumor, sheesh!) $170 difference in rebates, to which you consider yourself "entitled", rather than showing appreciation, you make a thread about Apple as an alleged prime example of capitalism's flaws, and about the music industry.

Right.
spikeh
BANNED

2006-06-04, 17:20

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Out of a (potential! it's a rumor, sheesh!) $170 difference in rebates, to which you consider yourself "entitled", rather than showing appreciation, you make a thread about Apple as an alleged prime example of capitalism's flaws, and about the music industry.

Right.
I've got Bono on line 3. He wants to put red paint on it and talk about Africa.
Partial
Stallion

2006-06-04, 18:19

Well Chucker, I posted my email and paypal, and have yet to see a single contribution. If it was such a meangingless sum of money, you'd think I would have seen a contribution.
chucker

2006-06-04, 18:21

Quote:
Well Chucker, I posted my email and paypal, and have yet to see a single contribution. If it was such a meangingless sum of money, you'd think I would have seen a contribution.
I do in fact donate a lot, but only to people and organizations that are worth it.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2006-06-05, 02:32

All this over $129... oh my gosh.
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2006-06-05, 03:02

And we don't even know for sure if it's going to be $129 or not...
wecallitfall

2006-06-05, 03:11

anyone think TS could have slipped up and confused the offer with this, which started today?

Partial
Stallion

2006-06-05, 03:46

Wow!

Apple just updated their store with a 179 mail-in rebate!!
wecallitfall

2006-06-05, 04:41

Nothing in the UK yet

hmmmmmmmmmm