Yeah, so, uh...Cram and Jam?
Page 5 of 5 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5]  Thread Tools
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-06-06, 21:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
1) My 3-month iMac is one of the first to got intel.
I'm in the exact same boat. Well, except my iMac was about two months old when it went Intel.

The 17" iMac G5 with iSight was discontinued three months to the day after I bought one.

I'm STILL wondering why they even bothered with the Rev. C iMac G5. The iMac didn't need the update, and if they would have simply waited until January, the Intel iMac would have had a much more impressive debut (it would have been a truly all-new iMac, and the clock speed wouldn't have had to decrease going from the G5 to the Core Duo). But I digress.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
porter

2006-06-12, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrookie
It's not a free nano. It's a mail in rebate for $170.
It still works for me.

I'm going to use the student discount to save around $100
Then I'm going to get the free nano, sell it off to a friend, and get the rebate.
noctivaga

2006-06-14, 09:40

Does anyone know if this promotion is going to be opened up in Canada soon?

I spoke with an Apple representative who asserted categorically that it is limited to the US alone. When I told him it was open to Canada in previous years he took a new stance, claiming he had no information regarding Canada, adding something along the lines of "nor would I be able to tell you if I did until the promotion was announced." His willingness to alter his story so easily indicated he really had no idea.

Does anyone have any idea in this matter? I have my credit card in hand waiting for the announcement -- I don't want to wait all summer for something that's not going to happen. Has it been opened to Canada later than America in years past as well?

Thanks for your help.

(sorry for reviving this thread, I'm wasn't sure if I should start anew.)
dark54555

2006-06-14, 12:40

well, I'm definately going to take advantage of this deal to buy my first Mac.

I'm still debating the relative merits of waiting until August, though, to see what happens at the WWDC. Unless my ThinkPad breaks...then I'll have little choice.
dark54555

2006-06-14, 13:46

Quick Question:
I just read over the rebate, which lists qualifying models. If the Core 2 Duo (Merom) MacBook Pros are out in August, are they not eligible because they're not listed?
zippy
Veteran Member

2006-06-14, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark54555
Quick Question:
I just read over the rebate, which lists qualifying models. If the Core 2 Duo (Merom) MacBook Pros are out in August, are they not eligible because they're not listed?
No one could accurately say. We don't even know if the MBP will have Core 2 Duos in them by the time this promotion ends. My personal guess is that if the MBP is updated by then, the deal would still apply, but that's just a guess.

Now can we please let this thread die?

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!