User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Download query.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Download query.
soma

2006-11-08, 06:32

Hi folks - adopted a mac (for the first time) a few weeks back (you may have read the thread!).
Brilliant transition from the PC I must say...I was looking for a hidden agenda, something which would convince me the mac wasn't as easy to get along with as was first impressed...but no - it really is a lovely machine to work on.
However, I'm having a couple of headaches over the download options; I have just downloaded two programs: *Firewire SDK 20 and * Mpeg streamclip for HDV editing via Final Cut Pro. With the Mpeg Streamclip program, once download was complete I dragged this into Apps - however it left behind an 'Extra's' folder - I tried to drop this into the Mpeg program in Apps but it wouldn't do so and now sits elsewhere in apps, seemingly not linked to any program.
With the Firewire SDK 20 prog, I have the dmg box open which contains 3 files: Readme.rtfd; FirewireSDK20c.pkg (which I opened); TigeDevToolsFireWireExamles...I cannot see this in Apps - could I safely assume this has been installed within Final Cut Pro?

I'm sure this is basic knowledge to you folks but I'm not 100% sure on how this bit works.
Many thanks.
soma

2006-11-09, 04:45

^^ I might of added a little too much information above...
Bascially, I need to know how, when I've moved the downloaded program I can then move the add on's associated with that program back into it (in Applications folder). I can only assume the Firewire program has installed itself into final cut pro.
Cheers.
Using an iMac dual core 2 duo on Mac OS X by the way.

Last edited by soma : 2006-11-09 at 04:51.